**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

(Infinity War) Captain America

To those who own him I just wanna know what you think his strengths are, where he stands within AW or AQ (if he does well or not) and as a Champion overall?

Comments

• SIlverProfessorSIlverProfessor Posts: 495 ★★
    Really good attacker and better dupped. His kinetic charges at full lvl5 special 2 does a ton of damage...mines dupped and r4 and his s2 hits for 18k damage. With kinetic charges he puts out I’m unstoppable too. He’s a really fun character. Oh...and he can cause bleed too. Watch a YouTube video.

With a skill champ on his team he can purify rebuffs too if I remember right. (Once dupped). I used a science awakening gem on him.
  • Deebo4300Deebo4300 Posts: 91
    He is better than people realize. His damage with charges is above average. His l1 has 100% ability reduction. His l2 is ridiculous if used correctly. My r5 4* will do over 40k crit damage. Once you reach l2 you parry and charge heavy. When you release heavy you can interrupt the animation with l2, therefore the l2 gets the fury buff from the heavy attack. A very good utility champ when duped because you can’t set him up for specific scenarios with synergy.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Deebo4300 wrote: »
    He is better than people realize. His damage with charges is above average. His l1 has 100% ability reduction. His l2 is ridiculous if used correctly. My r5 4* will do over 40k crit damage. Once you reach l2 you parry and charge heavy. When you release heavy you can interrupt the animation with l2, therefore the l2 gets the fury buff from the heavy attack. A very good utility champ when duped because you can’t set him up for specific scenarios with synergy.

You’d say he needs to be duped though?
  • Deebo4300Deebo4300 Posts: 91
    Not needed but helps. Adding armor break, petrify, or shrugging off buffs adds to his utility. I would r5 a 4* unduped not sure if I would r4 a 5* or not unduped.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I'm still learning mine. I have an unduped 5* only at r2 until I get more alphas. I think he'll be an amazing questing champ but have some concerns about using him for aw offense. He needs to parry quite a bit so I'm not sure how the nodes will affect him. Might be a totally unfounded concern but just a thought. He has some amazing synergies, he can turn SW into a monster under certain situations. All around really good champ but don't know how I'll use him yet either. Good luck.
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    If you don’t already have the usual suspects for Blade Wars then Bearded Cap is a decent to above average champ. Helps in every area pretty good but doesn’t excel over the current God’s. If you don’t care about that and like playing him then that is all that matters and wouldn’t be a bad choice imo.

I’ll r4 him after my next r5.
  • CobsCobs Posts: 103
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I'm still learning mine. I have an unduped 5* only at r2 until I get more alphas. I think he'll be an amazing questing champ but have some concerns about using him for aw offense. He needs to parry quite a bit so I'm not sure how the nodes will affect him. Might be a totally unfounded concern but just a thought. He has some amazing synergies, he can turn SW into a monster under certain situations. All around really good champ but don't know how I'll use him yet either. Good luck.

He doesnt really need to parry at all, he is crushing war for me so far! He builds charges off blocking and with glancing can easily take shots to build charges without alot of damage. He doesn't need the dup for damage but like said above it makes a big difference for his utility and lets him counter most of the nuisance champs. Definitely worth ranking and was worth an awakening gem/80 sig stones for me
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Nice... thanks for the insight.
  • H3LLSHOW247H3LLSHOW247 Posts: 151
    @DaMunk No problem soldier 👍
  • PerfectExamplePerfectExample Posts: 30
    0adoi8x2urd4.jpg
  • PerfectExamplePerfectExample Posts: 30
    I've actually hit for 65k+
  • Hey guys is he need to dupped??
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Have mine (5 star) at rank 3. He will go up pronto. His S2, when properly used, is amazing. He has fantastic abilities, including the glancing mechanism and the option to nullify Unstoppable. If used correctly, he can reverse healing (not as well a Void, but it’s a great extra). He takes hardly any block damage and the animations are pretty fluid too.

Downsides: I think he does have to be duped. Regardless, he’s slightly less straightforward to play (which I personally like) and has a bit of rank up time. Eg, it’s best to go S3 first. Very good for short fights, but really shines in longer ones. Without being crazy OP, like Blade. Whom I hate with a vengeance and doesn’t even feel like a true Marvel character somehow. But, alas, that’s not the topic here. ;)
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    borntohula wrote: »
    Have mine (5 star) at rank 3. He will go up pronto. His S2, when properly used, is amazing. He has fantastic abilities, including the glancing mechanism and the option to nullify Unstoppable. If used correctly, he can reverse healing (not as well a Void, but it’s a great extra). He takes hardly any block damage and the animations are pretty fluid too.

Downsides: I think he does have to be duped. Regardless, he’s slightly less straightforward to play (which I personally like) and has a bit of rank up time. Eg, it’s best to go S3 first. Very good for short fights, but really shines in longer ones. Without being crazy OP, like Blade. Whom I hate with a vengeance and doesn’t even feel like a true Marvel character somehow. But, alas, that’s not the topic here. ;)

Sounds like you still mad cause you don't have blade...