**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Modok boss in act 5.4

Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
What am I missing? Isn’t a heavy attack supposed to remove his shield? I have done a couple of paths but I just faced him again and spanning a couple fights and dozens of heavies his shield never dropped. Not once. Am I reading the node wrong?

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    A heavy is supposed to. Honestly it's been to long since I've fought him but the monthly quest had the same thing and it seemed bugged too. Sometimes a heavy would work and sometimes not. I'd recommend a true strike champ. Killmonger worked beautifully against him..or blade or possibly Karnak.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Blade with GR synergy is fantastic for that fight.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    But for players with no blade, true strike such as glave or killmonger. Killmonger better for class advantage.
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    AA is a perfect choice for those that don't have blade. Parry and heavy he just melts away

Parry heavy is the right approach against him with anybody who doesn’t shut down his auto block (either via true strike or ability accuracy reduction). I used Hyperion for him just parry-heavy until he had an L3. Rinse repeat. Quake is also a good option. Or black widow.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    That node is only heavy attacks, other attacks will trigger auto block. Unless you’re using true strike, blade etc...
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool (and crossbones to a lesser extent) was my go to vs 5.4 Mr Potato Head
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    Use BlackWidow on modok if you dont have a blade or sparky Blackwidow can hit him like normal before he sheild
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    the heavy attack has to cause multiple hits. so hyperion, gwen pool etc.
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    the heavy attack has to cause multiple hits. so hyperion, gwen pool etc.

It took me a couple passes but this is the conclusion I came to and rolled with for exploration. Hype made quick work of him.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    That's odd. I've had the same champ remove it and not remove it during a fight. The heavy has the same number of hits. Is it possible that a heavy with more than one hit has more chances to remove it?
  • ShevvelShevvel Posts: 179
    Black widow,hawkeye,quake. All three together will give 100% ability reduction for signature level 1 black widow
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Shevvel wrote: »
    Black widow,hawkeye,quake. All three together will give 100% ability reduction for signature level 1 black widow

That’s not how the synergies for those three work.