**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gold Realm Idea (Hear me out)

OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I agree there is a problem with gold. At least this much has been acknowledged by Kabam. But I also agree gold realms would break the game and flood it with gold.

What if you bring back gold realms but with some changes:
1. It wouldn't be available all month long or even weekly. Idk maybe biweekly, monthly whatever you choose.
2. You can't play all difficulties. Impose entry limits so we can only play 1 difficulty.
3. Master difficulty is pretty easy in my opinion compared to how many R5 5* are there now. Maybe you could scale up difficulty if it helps.
4. Don't tell us when its gonna open and don't have it open for too long. This means maybe they are random and suddenly open and last only 2 hours for example. That way active players will find the quest while inactive will miss out. It comes down to luck (where a certain amount of activeness helps a lot). This works similar to those little quests you had when Sparky came out.

All in all you're gonna have 1 or 2 chances to get some gold (maybe more idk whatever you think is best). But only if you're paying attention.
What I'm thinking is. This way you're not flooding the game with gold, you're rewarding activeness but you're also giving us a little help in getting gold. I think it sounds good.

Everybody else. Thoughts?

Comments

• Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★
    Anything to improve the amount of gold available to non-arena playing people like me gets my vote
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Truthfully, I simply am not a fan of how many "design brakes" there are for the game.

I get it: No, the player base can't be able to rank up every single character, every single minute of the day. Totally understand that. There needs to be some mechanism in place to maintain a level of balance in progression.

But we have an absolute ton of them, and in my opinion in comparison to some other games, too many.

1. First, you have to actually obtain the character, which we all know is never guaranteed
    2. You have to have gold, with escalating amounts needed for more powerful characters
    3. You need multiple levels of basic catalysts
    4. You need multiple levels of class catalysts
    5. You need, for more powerful characters, alpha catalysts

To me, just my opinion, the combination of the basic, class and alpha catalysts -- because you need increasing amounts of each to rank up more powerful characters -- is enough of a development brake.

Just my opinion. Honestly don't think gold should ever be a hindrance
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    If you're running Dungeons and the other content this month, you should have come into some significant income. I'm up quite a bit, and I've been Ranking.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    @ESF I agree. There are to many setbacks to progressions and I guess that's what keeps everybody here. You have to work hard to get ahead. And I agree gold is unnecessary considering it's impossible to gather the necessary resources for higher ranks early on. Theres a curve that catalyst ensure.
    But given that they are not going to remove gold, maybe they will level with us and look for common ground.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,504 ★★★★★
    If you're running Dungeons and the other content this month, you should have come into some significant income. I'm up quite a bit, and I've been Ranking.

Agreed. I'm up to 20 million.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom yes you are correct. Dungeons were a good addition no doubt. But they are going away after this month and we don't know when they are coming back.
    Also, one feature working doesn't negate another on to be implemented. Maybe we could have both. I think this could ease up some of the frustration towards gold.
    Just my opinion anyway
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Onmix wrote: »
    @ESF I agree. There are to many setbacks to progressions and I guess that's what keeps everybody here. You have to work hard to get ahead. And I agree gold is unnecessary considering it's impossible to gather the necessary resources for higher ranks early on. Theres a curve that catalyst ensure.
    But given that they are not going to remove gold, maybe they will level with us and look for common ground.

To me, if it costs five alphas to rank up at certain levels...that's a significant hurdle. You have to be seriously engaged in this game, playing various modes consistently, to just have five of those lying around to the degree where you are just pouring them into characters in combination with the class catalysts.

I honestly don't mind some braking. But at some point, it is not easy to rank up higher-tier characters simply because of what you have to acquire