**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Iron man too Overpowered

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Apparently a 3* IMIW got a few kills in Plat 2 today. Sounds like a totally legit defender.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    No with GP vs Mordo your stun procs his counter. You have NO WAY of know when you will proc a stun to be prepared for his astral evade you'd have to pay attention to every hit. With IM IF you know exactly when he will auto block. At 4 armors and at or below 15% HP.

No, you’re misunderstanding me again. I am talking about under below 15%. Only below 15%, not the 4 armour autoblock.

You say you have no way of knowing when you will proc stun to be prepared for his astral evade. Then assuming iron man is under 15% and he has no armours on him, you also have no way of knowing when you will proc armour so you have to pay attention to every hit. That is my point.

Right, so you would hit him with unblockable, true strike, or Sp3 hits below 15%. The point is you know you have to change your play style at the end of the fight. The problem isn't the champ it's the champ + the node. I do think it is 100% necessary to change the node.
  • FixyourgameFixyourgame Posts: 38
    There are ways to change the champ without nerfing him. Make molecular armor a different thing from regular node armor then give him the ability to autoblock when a molecular armor buff is active. Currently having a champ with no way to realistically attack because of a node ruins the long term balance of the game.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Change the way it interacts with the nodes. Make him so that only molecular armour can autoblock. Or (preferentially) make only his 4 stacks of armour parry, the under 15% can still autoblock but cannot parry you.
  • DyrtiDyrti Posts: 8
    Just sounds like everyone cries when they don’t get what they want.... I’m guessing everyone getting upset about imiw doesn’t have one I’m so sorry but stop crying about it and strategize.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Also, losing only 1 armor on auto-block is totally BS. Medusa loses all her furys when she does it, why not IM?
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    IW cap with a cosmic on your team.....
    Will armor break on parry......

That is one potential solution

Good luck parrying his unblockable medium and dash.

For one you are wrong it is not unblockable..... it cannot be parried.... there is a difference....

And jeez dude i am trying to offer help. Cus matter how much u think imiw sucks we are gunna have to deal woth him. This will work better than other solutions i have heard....

I wonder if it would work... block could still be well timed I guess.

Mordo is the best solution I'm aware of
  • HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    @Kabam Miike we need some feedback on this. Where is the balance in this? This is clearly a design flaw to have one particular become a defense nightmare on pretty much every node. This is an imbalance and gives unfair advantage to the alliances who has him. So either give everyone a IMIW or balance his mechanism. Don't only act quickly when there is imbalance in attackers but keep silence where there is obvious imbalance in defender
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Huonuo wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike we need some feedback on this. Where is the balance in this? This is clearly a design flaw to have one particular become a defense nightmare on pretty much every node. This is an imbalance and gives unfair advantage to the alliances who has him. So either give everyone a IMIW or balance his mechanism. Don't only act quickly when there is imbalance in attackers but keep silence where there is obvious imbalance in defender

If kabam changes anything about Iron man IW at this point they will have a lot of problems a lot of people have already spent on crystals and many are grinding a ton in arena for the abilities Kabam has already advertised about Iron man IW
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

If kabam changes anything about Iron man IW at this point they will have a lot of problems a lot of people have already spent on crystals and many are grinding a ton in arena for the abilities Kabam has already advertised about Iron man IW

This is what kabam does. What’s happened is one of two situations.

1) they extensively tested and found out that Iron man infinity war autoblock parry is an absolute nightmare, but then went ahead anyway with his abilities as they are now knowing that it will be awful for all players and just cause lots of revives to be used.

2) they didn’t test well enough at all and missed that he would be such a god tier defender on that node and now it’s too late to change him

I think both situations are equally as bad. This happens time and time again. Either they don’t know or they don’t care. Either they are incompetent or uncaring.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295

This is what kabam does. What’s happened is one of two situations.

1) they extensively tested and found out that Iron man infinity war autoblock parry is an absolute nightmare, but then went ahead anyway with his abilities as they are now knowing that it will be awful for all players and just cause lots of revives to be used.

2) they didn’t test well enough at all and missed that he would be such a god tier defender on that node and now it’s too late to change him

I think both situations are equally as bad. This happens time and time again. Either they don’t know or they don’t care. Either they are incompetent or uncaring.

I think it's probably 2. It's a huge task testing a new champ thoroughly.. to cover all possibilities, you would have to test him in every quest and every game mode. Not that it can't or shouldn't be done, of course. Maybe they can have a whole map of AW with nothing but IMIW and then have a tester fight every path to the end.

Anyway, it is very tough to change a champ when people have already spent loads of money. They would have to at the very least issue rank down tickets, and even those are little comfort if you've already spent the money. More likely they will nerf the AW node. This way the champ wasn't changed, and thus, they won't owe you any compensation.

Has anyone actually tried fighting that node with one of the champs that is supposed to be a counter to IMIW? For example, Corvus, PM, Karnak etc.? How did it go?
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    it can be countered ... just gotta research and test.

glhf!
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    How is he parrying you on the event quest? Some holes in your story bro.
  • Outsider75Outsider75 Posts: 61
    Before: We need a good iron man to be added to the game
    After: NERF!!!!
    Just make up ur mind people

sigh, this new IM is a freaking defender dude.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Kabam knew what they were doing. That’s why they said the super awkward “under the effects of an Armor effect” and “any Armor effect” instead of saying “has Molecular Armor”. How many other armor effects are out there except for armor up nodes?
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Kabam knew what they were doing. That’s why they said the super awkward “under the effects of an Armor effect” and “any Armor effect” instead of saying “has Molecular Armor”. How many other armor effects are out there except for armor up nodes?

Of course, they knew what they were doing. They released the best defender in game right now. Everyone spending on fgmc to gain an advantage in AW. It is a hero so takes away most of top alliance best champ (cough cough blade nerf). You want a champion to counter him you will have to spend on crystals to get lucky and pull a decent counter (so far list of good counters is less than 10, very limmited list)

As much as I believe its such a bad move towards the community and screws over their player base, can’t argue with the business decision to release this Champ.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    neb wrote: »
    How is he parrying you on the event quest? Some holes in your story bro.

Have you fought him in the uncollected monthly event quest? When under 15% health you attack and auto block kicks in practically every time.

Auto block sure, but parry?
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Kabam doesn't need to change IF IM at all they need to adjust the node in AW he is being placed on as that makes IF IM almost impossible to beat.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    edited May 2018
    While that is true @Bajjsbwuqjw what is that team then doing for let's say Magik on arc overload then maybe Sabre on Regen mini. Plus whatever nonsense you had to get to that node. Maybe cable before so you can't use an sp and a nc before that. While you have a true solution it is not a practical aw team. I would definitely take killmonger I'm not taking those side kicks.

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Honestly, after testing a bunch of strategies, he's fine. Completely able to be countered, even on node 38. Figure out how, my alliance landed a few so I won't be sharing that info, but I'm not scared of him being in my opponent's defense anymore. There are multiple things that will work, will multiple champions. He's not too OP, he just needs to be figured out by everyone who is saying he's too OP.
  • Outsider75Outsider75 Posts: 61
    https://youtu.be/LB_uWUc-cWY

Get your wallets ready gents
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    Outsider75 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/LB_uWUc-cWY

Get your wallets ready gents

You need to have a more specific approach to him on 38 than just bring some generally good champs and go to work. He’s like spidey or magik or dorm where you really need a specific plan for how you’ll go about attacking that node. But there are approaches that will work.
  • SagnikfurySagnikfury Posts: 104
    Nerf or not, his autoblock is broken and demands fixing properly
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    A guy just wrote this on another forum:

«After facing IMIW a few dozen times in duels and in AW, and after watching quite a bit of fight footage against him in AW, here's my guide on how to effectively counter him.

Going to outline some general counters and then move on to how you can counter him on more challenging nodes.

Armor Break

IMIW benefits from the luxury of passive armors (similar to those of Killmonger), each stack of armor up can be removed with 1 stack of armor break.

Medusa: while IMIW is above 15%, Medusa's medium armor breaks are a decent counter at keeping his buffs low. If duped and bellow 15%, IMIW will be able to auto parry the mediums, preventing her from applying the armor breaks. However, Medusa isn't complexly gimped vs a low health, her synergy with Karnak allows her to apply a stack of armor break with her heavy. Also it is important to mention, armor shatter is not desirable in this fight since it prevents you from applying further armor breaks, and when it comes to IMIW's passive armors, the shatter only counts as 1 stack of armor break.

OG Thor: not a good option. Parry stunning IMIW is rare since his mediums are stun immune.

Hyperion: armor breaks are too rare and far apart to be effective since you need to land a sp2. He does shine vs IMIW in a different way tho (read heavy counter)

Captain America IW: a high sig CAIW placed in the same team as a cosmic and a skill champ can apply 1 stack of armor break on well timed blocks, and instantly shrug off the parry debuff if he's parried.

Corvus Glave: Immune to bleed, guaranteed crits, and able to apply armor breaks equal to the number of armor up buffs on opponent on well timed blocks (no need to stun). Corvus can continually reduce the number of armor ups on IMIW to zero.

True strike/true accuracy

Killmonger: not very effective. Very difficult to attack IMIW before he recovers from a special unless you take the final hit on the sp1 to the face (+the shock debuff) as you're dashing in with your sp1 unstoppable buff still up. Killmonger's synergy with Winter Soldier gives him a 30% chance to activate true strike when intercepting a dash attack. Still not the best option since you can get back RNG when you need true strike the most. Edit the 5* version has a 100% chance to activate true strike with WS synergy.

Karnak: decent option especially with the medusa synergy extending his true strike duration.

Proxima Midnight: a great counter on her own. Able to parry his mediums, gain periodical true accuracy, and deal significant damage once the missions are complete. The perfect counter with two of her unique synergies. Proxima+Corvus+Thor Ragnarok lower the number of hits needed for her 4th mission from 100 to 75 and gives her a combo shield from 0 to 50 hits (allowing you to make mistakes). Footage of r1 3 star Proxima solo vs 4/55 IWIM.

Counter Heavy

Possible with virtually every champ, this technique allows you to bait a heavy attack and retaliate with your own heavy. In IMIW's case, the timing is a big tricky.

If heavy is launched after a light attack: retaliate immediately.

If heavy is launched after a medium: delay your heavy.

Here is a short clip demo of this technique.

Node counter suggestions

Bosses and minis: while a boosted spark, hyperion, or medusa might be able to get a solo against him (using the heavy counter when armor stacks are high), a high rank Proxima or Corvus (not applicable to the immune node) can get the job done more easily.

All or nothing+90% armor: Magik/Voodoo/Vision are at a disadvantage here. The armor ups are not nullifiable and each stack of armor (counting the armor stack from the node) reduce the effectiveness of power drain/burn/steal by 18%. Boosted duped Luke Cage on the other hand can have the damage output to take this fight before the sp3 plasma damage kills him. A high rank Medusa, Hyperion, or Corvus with the invulnerability boost should also be able to take care of this fight.

Armor+Aggressive Armor+Explosive personality: One of the toughest nodes for him. Read the node, don't be one of the many players who still attack into his block. Use true strike/accuracy champs (the armor build up on this node is too fast for armor break options to work). Heavy countering is a good alternative.

Spite+Bleed: Rough node with him. His specials are long range and don't allow for retaliation, so spite is up almost all of the time. Luke Cage can be a decent counter thought reducing his passive power gain or even reversing it with his exhaustion stacks. Here is a clip of my fight vs 4/55 IWIM on spite+bleed today (first time facing him in war, could've played faster, should've brought in my 5/50 corvus instead). Corvus is the other decent option. A boosted 4/55 Corvus without any of his missions complete can take him out with 1 Sp2. His bleed immunity also help.

Extra notes

Be careful using heavy counter vs kinetic reactor nodes

Heavy counter is ideal for champs that get boosted with their heavy (eg. Hype, CAIW)

Light intercept is the safest bet for finishing proxima's intercept mission

You can parry IMIW if you stay in close proximity and make him do a light attack.

Luke cage's concussion right before he's about to activate his sig can prevent him from activating it.

When using Proxima before launching your special after completing the final mission, make sure to wait out the armor ups to fall off. As I mentioned in my Proxima review, true accuracy does not circumvent armor.

A duped GP if you can keep your combo can circumvent his sig from activating.

Void with his avengers node will activate FOV from the start of the fight. Can help vs healing nodes/IWIMs with willpower. You can counter heavy pretty easily with him.

Feel free to share your fight footage against him in war or in duels. If you feel I missed out on a counter/technique let me know. I'll be updating the post as suggestions come in.

Cheers!»
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Has anyone tested guillotine's sp3 against him to see if you can finish him off right when he drops below 20%, before sig kicks in?
This discussion has been closed.