**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fought Groot for 10 minutes because of Safeguard buff

I literally was fighting Groot with my 4*R4 Venompool for about 10 minutes in Road to the Labyrinth Ch.3/Rd.1, because of the Safeguard buff.

We just kept on regenerating until I was finally able to lower his health to a point where my Special 1 could finish him.

I think Safeguard is a cheap tactic to prevent players from using their Special 2-3, while the enemy can continuously gain power and use ALL their Specials AND effect their FULL damage.

When ONLY the enemy can effectively use their Specials due to buffs, it really takes away the fun and strategy to the game.

Why not grant Safeguard for players too then?!

Respectfully,

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    91W_CMB wrote: »
    I literally was fighting Groot with my 4*R4 Venompool for about 10 minutes in Road to the Labyrinth Ch.3/Rd.1, because of the Safeguard buff.

We just kept on regenerating until I was finally able to lower his health to a point where my Special 1 could finish him.

I think Safeguard is a cheap tactic to prevent players from using their Special 2-3, while the enemy can continuously gain power and use ALL their Specials AND effect their FULL damage.

When ONLY the enemy can effectively use their Specials due to buffs, it really takes away the fun and strategy to the game.

Respectfully,

I finished chapter 3 in road to the labyrinth use champs that have damage over time debuffs they can apply
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Is not that bad... first, you used a bad offensive champion. And then you let groot reach his 2nd special, which heals him for a bit.
    Use champions that deal damage over time debuffs/passives, or that lower the opponent defensive ability accuracy (which does negate safeguard)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Granting safeguard to players wouldn’t be a great idea, fights would be so easy. Don’t need to worry about sp3 because of safeguard. I think the node requires a lot of strategy, which is actually proved by your post.

I think planning your fights better would help a lot, OP. Taking venompool, who’s damage is awful except for his bleed which is killer, against a bleed Immune champ with a lot of physical resistance isn’t good planning. That 10 minute fight would be 2 with a Dr voodoo who converts all the fury and cruelty into poison.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    91W_CMB wrote: »

Respectfully,

Not trying to be rude, but before complaining did you ever think to type "bypass safeguard" in the search box on this forum? You will see posts that point out champs that help you deal with it. Plus you could bring a champ that has heal block or a champ that can remove buffs. There are many options, you just have to do some looking around.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 363 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    10 mins is a long time.

By you saying we both just kept regenerating, I take it you wasn't baiting his sp1.

If you would have just baited his sp1 it would have been a lot shorter.
  • Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    Crossbones is your best friend when it comes to safeguard. My 4/40 CB breezed through ch.3
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Gotta agree with the others. VP for a safeguard Groot is a bad choice. Voodoo, or someone with poison would have worked a lot better. Safeguard is an annoying node, but can be easily dealt with
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    I guess the first question is what champs does the OP have at their disposal? You can't tell them to use this or this or this, if they're not in their roster. Having said that, the flow of the fight also suggests that the OP doesn't have a good grasp of some of the nuances of the game and managing the AI.

You might also consider champions that have class disadvantage or even 3* champs. Vision is great against safeguard and versus Groot, I think a 3* Dr Voodoo would suffice, if you have them.