CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT - IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)

Comments

• AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Why do the armors from Agression Armor node stay up even if they get armor broken? That's some **** mechanics
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    If they change ironman imma be pissed, change the node not ironman
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    I don't understand how people are complaining. There are numerous counters, even on node 38. Some are better than others. One will absolutely dominate him on that node with ease.
    Figure it out instead of whining.

I swear, finally a champ that isn't an easy kill for the Blade, Spark, GR crowd and people are going ape crying about it. This champ makes war better, not worse.

The champ isnt the problem, the node interaction is. And the bugs unchecked coming with that. When 4 of the advised counters aren't working and the only valid one isn't even listed, you'd agree things were done without proper testing.
  • SunnyLeafSunnyLeaf Posts: 10
    I don't understand how people are complaining. There are numerous counters, even on node 38. Some are better than others. One will absolutely dominate him on that node with ease.

I swear, finally a champ that isn't an easy kill for the Blade, Spark, GR crowd and people are going ape crying about it. This champ makes war better, not worse.

If the question is only some champions are easy to fight IMIW in Node 38 and others are difficulty to fight,that's ok. Now the fact is there is only little champions can use in this node, others can do nothing but just die.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    Can’t do anything but repeat what has already been said. IMIW on node 38 is ridiculous. I usually clear my lane, the mini and sometimes the boss with 1 or no deaths. I’ve heard about him on 38 and, seeing a tech on it this war, decided to try ability accuracy reduction with my 5/65 GP, and a Widow+Quake backup. I have now died 12 times.

Since this node gives him armor, you HAVE to be aggressive and can’t soend any time baiting his specials (which, even if you can fully evade them, you can’t retaliate with a medium charge right after or you’ll get hit, meaning you have to hang back and NOT be able to parry his charge. This means several seconds spent gaining armor up passives by dodging a special and blocking his next combo). It really does turn into a game of blocking until he charges a heavy, dropping back and immediately hitting him with your heavy - rinse and repeat.

IMIW is meant to be tough, and I get that. But I don’t think Kabam ever intended for this level of difficulty on node 38. Please separate the node armor ups from his innate armor passives and his auto-block ability or do whatever adjustment is needed to make it a fair fight.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,271 ★★★
    This is total bs @Kabam Miike

Iron man infinity war on node 38 just totally broke war and you know it. Just destroyed so many alliances thy were doing well in season bc of this total ridiculousness.

Beginning of my fight, he just holds block and goes straight to 3 or 4 armor ups. Absent having a killmonger or a Karnak, he literally can’t be be hit at that point—except for getting totally lucky with heavy attacks. You always claim you don’t want champs that are completely overpowered—iron man infinity wars is on node 38 on defense, and potentially is on other nodes. This is stupid.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,036 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    This is total bs @Kabam Miike

Iron man infinity war on node 38 just totally broke war and you know it. Just destroyed so many alliances thy were doing well in season bc of this total ridiculousness.

Beginning of my fight, he just holds block and goes straight to 3 or 4 armor ups. Absent having a killmonger or a Karnak, he literally can’t be be hit at that point—except for getting totally lucky with heavy attacks. You always claim you don’t want champs that are completely overpowered—iron man infinity wars is on node 38 on defense, and potentially is on other nodes. This is stupid.

Killmonger doesn't even work, you can't swipe in after his specials lol
    Does he have to be duped to be a defender, i have him at 5/50 unduped

Doesn’t have to be duped for node 38
    If this isn’t changed, kabam may have finally allowed me to break my addiction on this game.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,072 ★★★★★
    I pulled him yesterday as a 5* and still think he has to be changed. Total BS champ. This is worse than when MODOK was bugged.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Disclosure - I am writing this with an alliance mate wiped at node 38 IM IW today and probably costing us the war. I just don't want to see drastic changes just because first war caused issues for a lot before everyone vetted out strats.

Is the node difficult/ potentially impossible with wrong champs? Yes. However, always can try falling back on counter heavy with a heavy -> hyperion being probably best due to 1) long range heavy, 2) class advantage, 3) power gain so can L3 if cornered. Heavies can't be block and has always been fall back to counter auto-block (e.g. see Hyperion vs. Medusa boss kills). Those with short range heavies may be harder to utilize. This is no different than how node 24 was the big compliant awhile back and then people started using Void and you never hear much about it anymore. Pros can intercept with heavies as well (I suck at that but had friend who did it a lot with AA for other fights).

That being said I feel they do need to fix the interaction with Corvus and other armor break champs and allow the the node every 2 seconds to fall off potentially with breaks as well. Seeing the SS with 9 armor breaks and 9 armor ups is pretty dumb haha.

My other question is if someone has stand your ground mastery, can it interact with auto block and cause an auto block resist parry combo?

zero7 wrote: »
    Please just stop releasing champions with auto-block parry. It is a ridiculous ability that removes all skill from fights. I realise you need to make money as a business, just do it through offers which people choose to buy. Don’t capitalise on the pressure of AW seasons that make people want to revive through paths by adding defenders that cannot be defeated by skill it feels underhanded and shady. Don’t make champions that parry you because you hit them normally!

At least fighting medusa you can nullify her furies, or hit her once to keep her at bay. Modok doesn’t parry you. Thor Ragnarok is only on dash forwards. With iron man he’s so clearly designed to money grab it’s not even subtle. You can’t hit him when his armour is up or he’ll autoblock you. So you have to wait out the armour. That’s 8 seconds. With an aggressive high tier Aw AI that’ll be just enough to corner you and hammer you. You try and attack again, after one combo he’s statistically very likely to have another amour to wait out. Not to mention he’s continuously gaining power. And even when you are parried, if you manage to survive a full combo from him, the armour buff is still there. It’s not even consumed! But Just nullify the armour right? No, they’ve been made passive so they can’t be nullified, staggered or prevented in any such manner. Nor are they stopped by medusa’s Armour shatter which clearly states “opponents cannot trigger armour buffs”. But here come kabam saying, I know this is an effect that is called armour and it is a buff, but we are calling it a passive. That’s why Armour shatter doesn’t work.

Really, really disappointed in IMIW. Just remove his ability to parry. He’d still be a good defender, just not BS. Really disappointed.

100% on point. As always, Kabam your greed is transparent. The difference here is that you have pushed that greed further to the point of being ridiculous.

I really hope they dont nerf him i spent money to get him knowing full well he would be a great defender. Great defense= great rewards in war seasons. Every time they make a new champ the 12yr olds roar to nerf him cause they cant come up with a plan to counter. So you have to think and you use some skill to attack i applaud kabam designers for finding ways to challenge the player base and force different champions to be used to compete.

You’ll enjoy playing this game by yourself I guess if they don’t.
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 353 ★★
    Broken for sure.. He could kill any r5/55 on that node even if you place a IMIW 3*.

Mine is getting the whole BG we are against completely stuck and it's painful to watch.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Slux83 wrote: »
    Broken for sure.. He could kill any r5/55 on that node even if you place a IMIW 3*.

Was one of those r5/55 a hyperion? I doubt it.

• Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    TacoScotty wrote: »

I’d like to know if you have actually fought one on this node. Cuz even if you stack some furies, the fact that a special 3 can’t be critical and he gets many stacks of armor, you won’t do too much damage. But that’s just me guessing, which I’m ready to admit, so in turn let me ask - are you just guessing, too?
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 268
    We did so well this AW season...
    We jumped from platinum 3 to somewhere between platinum2 and platinum1..
    We were doing great against our current opponent with less deaths and thought we can have this war too, but then we got stuck on this God defender and with all items+boosts+floater couldn’t take him down. Not even with power through (not only node38). We won’t be able to finish this war which will ruin the race for us when every point count.
    I saw it coming after the first time I fought against him in uncollected.
    It’s so disappointing when you feels that the game team doesn’t listen... just like with the sentinels in AQ when only after a week you admited that it was never meant to be that hard, or with the v12 update that you admited it was too much hard and fix it with 12.1v.
    IMIW is much harder than any other contests I’ve ever seen. I would rather run ROL with a 2* team than see his face again.

Thank you for ruin the game (again)
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 150
    TacoScotty wrote: »

I’d like to know if you have actually fought one on this node. Cuz even if you stack some furies, the fact that a special 3 can’t be critical and he gets many stacks of armor, you won’t do too much damage. But that’s just me guessing, which I’m ready to admit, so in turn let me ask - are you just guessing, too?

I have done it. Hype can do it. Not as easily as Corvus. But hype can definitely get it down there.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,072 ★★★★★
    we have a 4* with 49 kills right now. that's totally fun and interactive!
  • Themis_xwsthsThemis_xwsths Posts: 225
    I get that the interaction with that node is a really bad combo. But i think the one that should be changed is the node and not the character. We finally got a stark character who is not just a useless armor breaking piece of metal, and has a good blocking and armor system instead of a regen. It would be really sad to see him get changed into another carnage or sentry. Find a way to just change that node and please dont destroy his abilities...
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    I get that the interaction with that node is a really bad combo. But i think the one that should be changed is the node and not the character. We finally got a stark character who is not just a useless armor breaking piece of metal, and has a good blocking and armor system instead of a regen. It would be really sad to see him get changed into another carnage or sentry. Find a way to just change that node and please dont destroy his abilities...

He would not need to be destroyed in anyway......
    Iust remove the ability to parry.... parry is supposed to be a skill based mastery not a bs AI mechanic....

Autoblock is stupid enough and enough bs as it is... but autoblock parry....
    What next....
    Autokill???? Oh wait.... thanos death touch.....
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,895 ★★★★★

I understand and agree with your point of view, but as an attacker using iron man IW, how often does autoparry help you? Rarely. In high content you rarely get hit, most damage is through block or limbo or degen etc. If IMIW parry was changed to just block, how different would he be as an attacker? You’d be hit, and he would block then you can dodge after that. It’s almost the same exactly.

As a defender he would still be hard to fight, especially on that node. Look at modok he still pops up on defence loads and he can’t pary.

Just remove the ability to parry.
  • linuxlinux Posts: 262

The problem is that you can't see who's on the node, and often alliances send someone there thinking: he has good champs and plays well -- surely it'll be OK? But in fact it's pretty painful if you didn't bring one of the few counters which work. (As noted, some designed counters don't interact correctly with node 38.)

In the past, Kabam made huge changes claiming that they didn't want it to be the case that you'd need a certain champ to complete certain content. At this point I know of two very good counters, and a third that's at least OK -- but regardless, IMIW's interaction with node 38 clearly invalidates all kinds of counters.

I like games which allow creative counters. I dislike games where there's only a few counters, and if you don't have them you're screwed. This moves MCOC closer to the latter.

(I say this as someone who's killed a 4* IMIW on 38 in T2 ... using just heavies, since I hadn't brought a counter (I was on a different path). I offered to do it knowing what I was getting into, and it was predictably unfun -- timing out because it was impossible to finish, etc.)
  • linuxlinux Posts: 262

I like games where there are a wide variety of counters; I dislike games where there are only a few and if you don't have one you're SoL. This addition brings MCOC closer to the latter set.

In addition, IMIW is completely broken in his interactions with node 38. In our last war I switched lanes to go kill him on 38 (T2) ... -- I knew what I was getting into (I didn't have one of the counters, but was convinced the person in the lane wasn't going to be able to finish given that they did 3-4k damage with two full champs). But my point isn't that it's possible or impossible -- it's just not any fun to have to bait heavies and respond with your own heavies (several timeouts and revives later...) ... I'd like a more diverse set of options.

Kabam got this feedback about Sentinels as well in AQ. (It's not so much that they were hard as that they were both hard and not fun.)
    I’m done with this game if something doesn’t change. Games are supposed to be fun. This isn’t fun. It’s just stupid
  • INTEGRALINTEGRAL Posts: 792 ★★★
    Nerf this idiotic creation
  • INTEGRALINTEGRAL Posts: 792 ★★★
    The counters are only works in Duel not in AW node 38. He is immune to everything. 150 hits and he loses 5% health barely