**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Nerf Iron Man

13»

Comments

• Jman2182Jman2182 Posts: 101
    in this case why don't u just nerf medusa while your at it
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    YoMoves wrote: »
    Every champ should be beatable by any other with a little effort

"Little effort",Why?!Not like we're gonna face IW Iron men in defense this soon

Plus,"Little effort" is like saying,I want more for doing less,Greed right there.

They said actually said “A little effort”, which is true.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Quake- charge, autoevade, parry, charge, autoevade, parry, until.....aftershock. rinse, repeat etc, DONE

Iron Man's medium cannot be passive evaded. Quake fails.

So he can't be parried or aftershocks either? This method builds no power.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    'a' way. Oh, yay. So if I don't have this specific way, I'm boned if I face him no matter what?

I can beat Medusa with your average champ. She has a defined way to be beaten and ways around her that just about any champ can exploit. IMIW on node 38 most definitely does not. There's one, maybe two, ways to beat him. Any champ who is not one of those two is screwed. That's not balanced.
    Quake- charge, autoevade, parry, charge, autoevade, parry, until.....aftershock. rinse, repeat etc, DONE

1. No, he can't be parried with his medium.
    2. How do you plan on building those aftershocks when he can just combo you for free during your heavy?
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Killmonger can punish specials if you know how to use him

His unstoppable sp1 buffs means he can just stand there, take the hits and then dash in straight away and get true strike

His unstoppable on sp1 only works when he's blocking gets hit on his block..
    You probably mean his sp2 indestructible
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    We took him down on node 38 last war after a few deaths when plan A didn't work. But plan B did. This was tier 3 on the expert map.

He's beatable, figure him out. Don't expect to steam roll him with Blade and cry when you can't.
  • ArtttonArttton Posts: 59
    Seriously he hasn't even been released yet, we finally get a good ironman and u want him nerfed get outta here

Pls come back and comment after you fight him on a armor up node in AW. Lets see if you say the same.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★

1. No, he can't be parried with his medium.
    2. How do you plan on building those aftershocks when he can just combo you for free during your heavy?

Good points. I didn't have much of an issue, but that was in master quest. Whole different story in uncollected and certain AW nodes, I'm sure.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Can we just prevent the AI from parrying? That's all I ask
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    We took him down on node 38 last war after a few deaths when plan A didn't work. But plan B did. This was tier 3 on the expert map.

He's beatable, figure him out. Don't expect to steam roll him with Blade and cry when you can't.

I find comments like this uninspired and asinine. Do you think I'm stupid? I know Blade doesn't hold any advantage on him. The problem is not nearly enough champions do. He is not UNBEATABLE. But he is not beatable ENOUGH. He's unbalanced and unfair for many players who just outright will not be able to beat him without throwing money at him.

That's patently false. There are numerous solutions, and some are very old champs that most people have. He's plenty beatable.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Killmonger can punish specials if you know how to use him

His unstoppable sp1 buffs means he can just stand there, take the hits and then dash in straight away and get true strike

His unstoppable on sp1 only works when he's blocking gets hit on his block..
    You probably mean his sp2 indestructible

No, he can stand there and hold block and then he can dash in straight away, that's how the unstoppable buff works.
    Usually you can't punish it because when you're hit there's a kind of "impact time" where you're unable to move because you were hit, but with unstoppable it doesn't exist.

Basically you hold block for the last repulsor hit, it hits you and you can dash in straight away because you're unstoppable.

And when people say that you take shock damage, no you don't. You're blocking when you trigger the unstoppable buff and the shock doesn't trigger through block. And if you did the indestructible one, when it hits you you get knocked down and there's no way in hell you can hit him while he's recovering.

tl;dr, block the sp1 while you have the unstoppable buffs and you can punish it and get true strike
  • Smasher07mlgSmasher07mlg Posts: 28
    It’s nerf or nothing

I find comments like this uninspired and asinine. Do you think I'm stupid? I know Blade doesn't hold any advantage on him. The problem is not nearly enough champions do. He is not UNBEATABLE. But he is not beatable ENOUGH. He's unbalanced and unfair for many players who just outright will not be able to beat him without throwing money at him.

That's patently false. There are numerous solutions, and some are very old champs that most people have. He's plenty beatable.

For node 38? I've seen precisely two reliable answers to that node since corvus appears to be bugged. And none are older than Hyperion.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Oh please

I'm sure making nerf posts for all new champs you have trouble with is seriously gonna change, no way

We will find solutions to champs recently released and then it'll quieten down afterwards. All this post is truly for and sorry but it's for whining.

My advice is practice your team against these champs, if you have difficulty, redo it again. At some point you will do something different and win.

It's perseverance among anything else tbh
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295

For node 38? I've seen precisely two reliable answers to that node since corvus appears to be bugged. And none are older than Hyperion.

Corvus is not bugged. Hyperion to me is already pretty "old", and really any high damage champ and multi hit heavy champ should do decently at least.

People were complaining about node 24 and this is just the new thing to complain about. In fact, node 24 is mostly a mode that everyone beats mostly with Void and he's a much "newer" champ than Hyperion. Plus there are other specific champs already mentioned on this thread such as MS etc that will do well on 38 but for 24 it's really mostly the guy in the ally with Void that takes that path.

But no one complains about 24 anymore, we've figured it out..
    Tempest wrote: »

Corvus is not bugged. Hyperion to me is already pretty "old", and really any high damage champ and multi hit heavy champ should do decently at least.

People were complaining about node 24 and this is just the new thing to complain about. In fact, node 24 is mostly a mode that everyone beats mostly with Void and he's a much "newer" champ than Hyperion. Plus there are other specific champs already mentioned on this thread such as MS etc that will do well on 38 but for 24 it's really mostly the guy in the ally with Void that takes that path.

But no one complains about 24 anymore, we've figured it out..

Apparently Corvus is not removing armors, so either like I said, they intended for him not to work, or it's a bug.

Node 24 already had reliable answers. People were just really dumb about it.

As for Node 38...I can confirm that MS does NOT do well on IMIW at all. Trust me, I've seen it. It's kinda embarrassing. Also, nearly all the multi hit heavy champs besides Hyperion do not have great damage outputs in the slightest, so they time out multiple times.

Will they release a champ who can beat him reliably? I'm sure of it. It's Kabam's M.O. But right now he's just unbalanced. As much 'whining' as it sounds...I've practiced against him many times. But my team just mathematically can't beat him on 38. None of them can. Not my fault I didn't get lucky enough to pull Corvus or Void or Hyperion.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    edited June 2018

Apparently Corvus is not removing armors, so either like I said, they intended for him not to work, or it's a bug.

Node 24 already had reliable answers. People were just really dumb about it.

As for Node 38...I can confirm that MS does NOT do well on IMIW at all. Trust me, I've seen it. It's kinda embarrassing. Also, nearly all the multi hit heavy champs besides Hyperion do not have great damage outputs in the slightest, so they time out multiple times.

Will they release a champ who can beat him reliably? I'm sure of it. It's Kabam's M.O. But right now he's just unbalanced. As much 'whining' as it sounds...I've practiced against him many times. But my team just mathematically can't beat him on 38. None of them can. Not my fault I didn't get lucky enough to pull Corvus or Void or Hyperion.

@YoMoves

Corvus: IMIW can gain MOLECULAR armor when he is hit or hits someone. This is a UNIQUE armor that can be removed by armor break. On Node 38, the node allows gaining of armors from the aggression armor buff, but THIS IS NOT MOLECULAR armor. Therefore, if you parry with Corvus, he WILL armor break depending on how many armor ups he has, but he will NOT remove the armors provided by the node, only the MOLECULAR armor that IMIW gains from hitting/ being hit. This is NOT a bug as far as I know. Am I missing something here? LMK, thanks..

MS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cq3OymY860
    You don't even need 5 souls, just 3. She works reasonably well but she IS a high ranked 5* in the video against a 4*. But in principle, should be effective as she turns the high number of armors against him.

5* IMIWs are not getting more than 1 kill in AW now, tier 2, plat 1 on node 38. Most of the time, 0 kills. People aren't even using corvus, void, or hyperion. The last 2 I saw used were Blade and Medusa, both relatively "old" champs, and it does feel like everyone has a Blade, it's like a given. KM is also excellent, though he is a newer champ so I won't throw him in the mix.