CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT - IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,072 ★★★★★
    The best fix would be to have auto-parry only apply to his molecular armor, not any armor. It also needs to remove all the armors, like Medusa's furys.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,777 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    We tried 5*R4 Luke cage. It didn’t work well.
    5*R4 loki was able to take about 30% health but in lucky run. After reviving him and try again, AI act differently.
    By the way, we are in tier1

I can see the aggression: armor node giving Luke Cage problems.

Captain America IW has 100% defensive ability reduction, maybe he would work? If not then a duped 5* Voodoo with high MD and an advanced power boost currently sounds like the best option.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 625 ★★★
    Reading medusa’s shattered armour ability I’m not sure why it was decided that her ability wouldn’t work. Would have actually made sense to give her a role on AWA since a lot of defences are littered with her and it would have encouraged more diversity.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 268
    I understand (almost) the lack of response from the team during the weekend, but still nothing?
    Where’s the “developer note” when we really need one???
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    I understand (almost) the lack of response from the team during the weekend, but still nothing?
    Where’s the “developer note” when we really need one???

They commented the other day they were passing feedback to the team. However, that has no promises of changes.

At this stage I am not sure what they can do in the short-term. The only bug seems to be some interaction with armor break which should be fixed ASAP. The rest is technically functioning correctly per character text which is why people spent $$ / time grinding arena for him. They can't really do a bait and switch real fast because of that. I am not sure if they would change the node outright right now either -> maybe next AW season since less than a month left this season. They should fix items with the node which do not seem to consistently interact with IM IW as they do with others ASAP -> that would at least make more strategies viable.

That being said I expect players will get better at the node and there may be a better true strike champ coming up down the road (to make more money / spend more time arena) which will be desirable for IM IW as well as other champs. However, I assume they are careful from making true strike too easy since it is quite potent.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Reading medusa’s shattered armour ability I’m not sure why it was decided that her ability wouldn’t work. Would have actually made sense to give her a role on AWA since a lot of defences are littered with her and it would have encouraged more diversity.

Reading her ability is a clear desription as to why it will not work.....
    It stops the opponent gaining armor “buffs”
    Imiw armor is passive not a buff....

o9zf2iheb09e.png

u4hesn46zkib.jpeg

• Really need to know whether the Auto-Parry is triggered just from the passive armors or works with active armor from nodes. Makes a big difference in AW.

Active armors from nodes count as well
    edited May 2018
    We tried 5*R4 Luke cage. It didn’t work well.
    5*R4 loki was able to take about 30% health but in lucky run. After reviving him and try again, AI act differently.
    By the way, we are in tier1

I can see the aggression: armor node giving Luke Cage problems.

Captain America IW has 100% defensive ability reduction, maybe he would work? If not then a duped 5* Voodoo with high MD and an advanced power boost currently sounds like the best option.

Doesnt IW Caps Defensive ability reduction only work on his sp1???? Cus that would not be a practical solution.... yes it would be a hit that will work.... but it doesnt then leave IM IW without defensive abilities for the rest of the fight....
    If it does work differently i wiuld like to know as i have iw cap. I would have thought his ability reductio. Is only in his sp1... essentially meaning that hit cannot trigger an ability but after the sp1 then wat???

Edit: just tested against anNC and he cant evade caps sp1 but then can evade attacks after....
    So imiw will not be able to autoblock sp1 but will autoblock the next attack....
    Maat1985 wrote: »

Doesnt IW Caps Defensive ability reduction only work on his sp1???? Cus that would not be a practical solution.... yes it would be a hit that will work.... but it doesnt then leave IM IW without defensive abilities for the rest of the fight....
    If it does work differently i wiuld like to know as i have iw cap. I would have thought his ability reductio. Is only in his sp1... essentially meaning that hit cannot trigger an ability but after the sp1 then wat???

Edit: just tested against anNC and he cant evade caps sp1 but then can evade attacks after....
    So imiw will not be able to autoblock sp1 but will autoblock the next attack....

58yi0k6ok9id.png

The description says 100% defensive ability reduction if he has 1 kinetic charge. An advanced power boost makes that easy to do. There’s no specifics about how long the 100% defensive ability reduction lasts. If it lasts for the entire fight Cap IW might be the #1 counter to node 38 IMIW.
    edited May 2018

58yi0k6ok9id.png

The description says 100% defensive ability reduction if he has 1 kinetic charge. An advanced power boost makes that easy to do. There’s no specifics about how long the 100% defensive ability reduction lasts. If it lasts for the entire fight Cap IW might be the #1 counter to node 38 IMIW.

Test and it and let me know bro if u dont believe me.....

It means cap needs a kinetic charge when he uses sp1 to get this ability.
    As i said i already tested it atainst a NC and it does not hold.... it affects the sp1 and that is all.... aslong as cap has akinetic charge when he fires the attack he reduces accuracy for that attack....
    If i could i would upload my video here....
    But the results are this.....
    Parry to get a kinetic charge.... use sp1 (he does not evade it)
    Parry again to get another kinetic charge.... start hitting him and he begins evading again.....
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 2,895 ★★★★★

58yi0k6ok9id.png

No it’s only for the duration of the special 1, so those 3 hits. If you look in his spotlight the developer notes mention you should use the special to push magik over her power threshold to prevent limbo. It doesn’t last the whole fight, 100% reduction is a bit OP that’s why they nerfed black widow

No it’s only for the duration of the special 1, so those 3 hits. If you look in his spotlight the developer notes mention you should use the special to push magik over her power threshold to prevent limbo. It doesn’t last the whole fight, 100% reduction is a bit OP that’s why they nerfed black widow

Makes sense. Sounds like it’s only effective if IMIW has close to 4 armor buffs, doubt that’s enough to solo IMIW on node 38.
    Here is a gif proving cap only works on sp1
    9rk1puqfqdvt.gif

Makes sense. Sounds like it’s only effective if IMIW has close to 4 armor buffs, doubt that’s enough to solo IMIW on node 38.

I think cap would work as a counter against a non-node38 IMIW, armour break on parry, shrug off stun, get him to ~17% then massive L2 to finish him off but not enough to counter node 38
    Hyperion seems to do well. Without the steve your ground mastery he can use his heavy attacks and sp3 all day.
    Hyperion seems to do well. Without the steve your ground mastery he can use his heavy attacks and sp3 all day.

Pity my rank 4 5* dupe 80 Hyp is stuck on defence then..
    edited May 2018

I think cap would work as a counter against a non-node38 IMIW, armour break on parry, shrug off stun, get him to ~17% then massive L2 to finish him off but not enough to counter node 38

Armor break on parry only if you have a cosmic on your team.

Time his sp1 right to stop limbo, arc overload, ultron regen, ??? Mordo astral evade???, ?? Mephisto regen ??...

Time his sp1 right to stop limbo, arc overload, ultron regen, ??? Mordo astral evade???, ?? Mephisto regen ??...

Firstly Mordo is immune to ability accuracy reductions, secondly there’s no use in it anyway since Mordo doesn’t astral evade special attacks, only basic and heavy.

Firstly Mordo is immune to ability accuracy reductions, secondly there’s no use in it anyway since Mordo doesn’t astral evade special attacks, only basic and heavy.

Well der.... lol.... i feel like a fool... lol...
    edited May 2018
    The easy solution here would be simple to seperate iron mans passive molecular armor from the regular armor buffs....
    it would make sense this is the way it should be....
    Firstly passive ability v buff
    Secondly special molecular armor v standard regular armor... 2 different things
    Iceman does not get constant ice armor on these nodes.... imagine if node 38 stacked ice armor ontop of icearmor.... iceman would be as annoying as ****... stun immune and could never damage him more than 5%
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 150
    The easy solution here would be simple to seperate iron mans passive molecular armor from the regular armor buffs....
    Iceman does not get constant ice armor on these nodes.... imagine if node 38 stacked ice armor ontop of icearmor.... iceman would be as annoying as ****... stun immune and could never damage him more than 5%

You’d have to change how imiw works a little too. Right now his auto parry counts any armor effect.
    AegonT wrote: »

You’d have to change how imiw works a little too. Right now his auto parry counts any armor effect.

Real stupid he behaves like this yet other special armors do not....

Or remove auto parry from the game!!!!
  • TraikovTraikov Posts: 54
    my team mate try everythink today to kill this iron man on node 38 ... imposibruuuuuuu
  • Asu08Asu08 Posts: 1
    Whwh
  • GenesispureGenesispure Posts: 6
    Just wanted to let everyone know that we've already passed along everyone's feedback to the rest of the team. We don't have any new information to share at the moment but we will let everyone know if/when we do.

I guess it’s more the “if” we do. Can’t be the “when” we do. Lol. I can’t believe how silent they’ve been! Wow! At least validate you see the problem and are working on it. Or say everything is working as intended. By now you should be able to let the community know where you stand.

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,842 ★★★★
    Think about this and a second. I much rather face uncollected Thanos than imiw on node 38.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I saw an infinity war Ironman on 38 get a grand total of 2 kills today. Tier 3, expert map. The Ironman was a 5r3, and the attack appeared to kill him with Blade, who is far from optimal for that fight.

He's already being figured out, people need to stop over reacting to this champ. He is perfectly fine as is.
  • GenesispureGenesispure Posts: 6
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Think about this and a second. I much rather face uncollected Thanos than imiw on node 38.

If ironman was this buffed in the movie the avengers wouldn’t have lost to thanos. 😂
  • linuxlinux Posts: 262
    JJ18 wrote: »
    Once again you proved you didn’t think out a champ before releasing. Now aw wars are completely based off who has iw iron man. He is Total bs on node 38 to the point where alliances are throwing tons off resources at him and badly scratching him. This is a 4*!!! I’m getting sick of the **** kabam and this maybe the last straw for me. You keep finding ways to ruin the fun.

So -- I'll be the first to say he's unbalanced there. But here's a takedown of a 5* with what looks like a 5/65 Hyperion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/8mw8df/455_iron_man_infinity_war_node_38_takedown_notes/

There are notes for some other champs. It's not balanced and not fun, and I think they should -- at a minimum -- make the node armors not trigger autoblock.
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 232
    Why can’t Ronan convert his armor ups into armor breaks? Just because they’re passive?