**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So angry right now.....

RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
Need to vent my extreme frustration here:

I'm sure it's not really the case, but IT SEEMS to be sometimes that there is a mechanism at play that assesses what a player needs most, and what is the absolute most worthless possible outcome, and makes sure the player ends up with the latter. I finally get enough dark artifacts to purchase a nightmare crystal. I was ultimately hoping for an Archangel, but would have been happy with anything, except for Beast, as I already had him duped at Sig 20. So what would you think I would end up with? Well, a worthless Beast, of course. I am so glad i did all that grinding for one lousy stupid sig stone, pretty much. No shards, only one sig. Way to make the hard work worth it. At least on sunday, when i got a dupe out of my Crystal i earned from the double milestones, I got 20 sig levels on Gambit and shards and iso. I wasnt even really all that disapointed. That was only one day of grinding. But several days for a Sig stone, pretty much? This is just downright cheap and digusting.

So, did anybody else share in my misery in their own way? I'd love to hear about it here. It won't feel so bad when I know I wasn't the only one who got shafted to this degree.

Thank you, Kabam. I feel the love!!

Comments

• rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Pulled a kingpin and Hulkbuster, both already duped and hence I stopped doing dungeons.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Yeah, I'm about done with dungeons myself. This is the biggest crock of sheat ive seen thus far in this game, and believe me, there's plenty of competition for that claim.
  • XHans_GruberXXHans_GruberX Posts: 97
    I hear that happened to me to... whichever crystal has Quake and IP is the one I opened and had an 80% to pull a new or awaken someone that I was fine with... Didn't want Quake or IP and naturally I pulled Quake...was frustrating to say the least
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    I absolutely feel you bro. I even give up the chance to dupe who I wanted which is Dr. Voodoo and picked a crystal that have the most champs that I do not have yet. Result is disappointing as usual and no more dungeon for me since.
    y05518t9lx2m.jpg
    It's also why I have 7 mystic t4cc, every time I opened one, needing anything but, I got mystic.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Sorry dude. I know that feel.
    The arena crystals always award me gold when I need units, units and punisher when I need gold. It's all over the place.
    Beast, though!! Cmon, he's the least liked and played character I have. I hate his style and moves, everything about him. I would have been happier with the spider gwen.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Wow! i'm not the only one who has felt that? Always the least desirable outcome! i have been stuck at 6000 shards short of a full t4cc for two months i have opened 50 or 60 shard crystals and not one has give me that class of shards????
    I haven't heard many players who haven't gotten the absolute worst possible result. How are we to believe that this is merely coincidence?
    Rap wrote: »
    Wow! i'm not the only one who has felt that? Always the least desirable outcome! i have been stuck at 6000 shards short of a full t4cc for two months i have opened 50 or 60 shard crystals and not one has give me that class of shards????

Exactly!!
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I feel you man. First time I opened the crystal I got ghost rider I was happy. The second time I awakened my groot. The funny thing is I expected it. Before I opened my crystal I told my alliance members “my luck probably ran out with ghost rider from dark artifacts. Watch me pull groot” sure enough. Pulled groot lol
    Ok, I tried to believe it's random, but when all I see is players overwhelmingly ending up with the most undesirable outcome for their individual situation. Be It these crystals, or t4cc, or everything else. In fact, the only people who it seems gets things in their favor are the people who publicly display their gameplay.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    I feel you man. First time I opened the crystal I got ghost rider I was happy. The second time I awakened my groot. The funny thing is I expected it. Before I opened my crystal I told my alliance members “my luck probably ran out with ghost rider from dark artifacts. Watch me pull groot” sure enough. Pulled groot lol

Hey that's still counted since you called it lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The problem is, when you have one or two options out of many that you consider favorable, the possibility of being unfavorable goes up the more options there are. Basically, it's inevitable. The rarity is getting exactly what we want.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    It's random. There's no pseudo-psychic programming predicting exactly what you want and need. Lol. I get that it's frustrating not to pull what we want, but let's not get too carried away.

There’s plenty of reason to not believe this:

- it is a money based game
    - Reduce player progression
    - Keep roster balance
    - Keep strong champ count “rare”

Easy ways to implement:
    - reduce % by “good champs” siginificantly
    - Determine champ rarity and reduce drop rate to keep consistent
    - Preprogram non great champ choices
    - Set specific limits to determine the right time to drop a strong champ, spending money, bad runs etc..
    - Drop similar champs to reduce overall strength, ex in my first 15 5* I got each version of hulk(pre red buff)

All you have to do is run the crystal through a simple algorithm and determine or adjust champion %. Easy peasy and could be done perfectly within a matter of hours.

If you think a company that charges $10 per crystal with an advertised drope rate of .4% or 1/250 isn’t in control...

• WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    Iron man and she hulk so... yeah. Right after I pulled my Iron Man one of my alliance mates also pulled iron man. Didn’t give up on dungeons weather due to being a glutton for punishment or eternally optimistic…
    edited May 2018
    It's random. There's no pseudo-psychic programming predicting exactly what you want and need. Lol. I get that it's frustrating not to pull what we want, but let's not get too carried away.

So you don't think that wherever the crystals come from can tell that I have a beast duped, but none of the others/dupes? The company has no way to know what i have? Ive tried to believe this whole time that everything is random, but it's getting so much harder, especially with the sheer numbers of people with the same results. YouTubers, however, just happen to have better luck. Pure coincidence, right, since they are being shown to the world?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    You can find reasons to justify something sinister if you're looking hard enough, but what you can't do is design artifically-intelligent RNG that instantaneously analyzes what you have, reads your mind for what you want, and then generates an outcome contradictory to what is desired.
    I get it. Believe me. I Grinded 15k Points on Dungeon Day for a 4* BP. However, no one was setting that up. The computer generated a random outcome that wasn't what I wanted. That's about it.
This discussion has been closed.