**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iceman ice armor not working properly

If you get hit with specials that have a long pause like Miles Morales L1 or Kingpin L1. Ice armor doesn't stay up for the whole special. It goes away after the first hit and you take way morr damage then you should.

Comments

• VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Yup, ice armor only protects you from one hit of 5% damage. Any multi hit combos will still do damage of the hits do more than 5%
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure his ice armor has only ever worked for one hit.

@Primmer79 is correct. I've had him for almost a year and do not ever recall the ice armor lasting for multiple hit special attacks.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Batman_X10 wrote: »
    It is for only one hit, as mentioned above. The reason you can get hit with a SP3 and only get 5% damage taken is because the (video) mechanics of SP3s act as one hit. all other attacks and specials have multiple hits.

Not all...Spider-man s2 for instance.
  • VerguldVerguld Posts: 128
    edited May 2018
    Ice armor last the whole special.
    https://youtu.be/7NgJFYCi-pg
    1bnnmjpqb9n2.jpg
    @Primmer79 Imma have to disagree with you
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    edited May 2018
    Verguld wrote: »
    If you get hit with specials that have a long pause like Miles Morales L1 or Kingpin L1. Ice armor doesn't stay up for the whole special. It goes away after the first hit and you take way morr damage then you should.

It should be for one hit. I guess it's different for certain champs...?
    I guess I have to do more testing
  • Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Verguld wrote: »
    @Primmer79 Imma have to disagree with you

You can disagree but he is right. In your Video, AA sp1 is very low damage on each hit. If you see your health bar, you lost 9% hp. If you are right, you should have only lost 5% hp. Try the same fight with a 3 star iceman and you will see more clearly

^Spot on. If you slow down the video, you can see that the first few hits of the sp1 knock Iceman down to 96% health. Since each of those individual hits damaged him for less than 5% of his max health, they wouldn't have been able to shatter the Ice Armor.

The last hit of the special happened to crit and took him down from 96% health to 91%; it would've been more damage had the Ice Armor not capped the damage at 5% before shattering.

Tl;dr: If Iceman would take more than 5% max health damage from a single source, Ice Armor will cap that damage at 5% health before shattering. Special attacks may not break his Ice Armor if the individual hits that make up the attack don't do more than 5% of his max health as damage. Hope this helps clear things up!
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I don’t think this is accurate in all cases. Hyperion’s two-hit SP3 never does more than 5% total damage.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    I don’t think this is accurate in all cases. Hyperion’s two-hit SP3 never does more than 5% total damage.

I believe because this is because it is considered a single source (his SP3) so the damage, while the Ice Armor is up, is only 5%. Since you have no chance to evade or block an SP3, the entire animation is considered a single source, regardless of the number of hits.

Just my assumption. I was testing it.
  • Al2QAl2Q Posts: 66
    Allll the SP3's are considered as a single source.... That's why the AW boosts work against them. :)
    @Kabam Zibiit Thanks for the reply. I wasn't 100% sure.