**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Hashtags getting old...

Anyway you guys can email us a list of non offensive words that are on the ban list? I mean I’m able to curse but can’t ask someone to get a numbered node, why are numbers being blocked out, along with it,has,kill that guy, etc. I can understand blocking out phone numbers for privacy etc, but if I need someone to say take out node 69 it’s blocked. Just curious I know it’s a tedious question but it’s quite irritating.

Comments

• KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    It's really out of control. I cant even say AQ when recruiting. Smh
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    It's ridiculous. In private messages, I can't even say the name of the US state I am in. I can't even use the letter "D" as in Defense. The chat censor is waaaay over the top.
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Kabam acting like a government entity smh. It's a game
  • YoungspookyYoungspooky Posts: 60
    edited October 2017
    It’s because of sentences like “f u smd” granted they’re all just letters but we all know what it means and they don’t want 8-9 year olds running around repeating that lol. I don’t believe the censors need a serious tweak but I understand their reasoning
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    it might not even be kabam who's responsible for the censoring. They probably use a third party company and implement their chat.
    It’s because of sentences like “f u smd” granted they’re all just letters but we all know what it means and they don’t want 8-9 year olds running around repeating that lol. I don’t believe the censors need a serious tweak but I understand their reasoning

When basic recruiting messages are getting hashtagged to death or regular conversation is hashtagged to death, yes it does need tweaking.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Today, it censored my use of the word "big".

I tried it several times, even broke the word up, like b. I. g. and such, censored each one. Finally had to resort to saying "3 letter word, means large, rhymes with pig".

The censor is junk and should be removed.
  • Myxkidz77Myxkidz77 Posts: 78
    The point is I can say every curse word known to man and no hashtags appear. But it blanks out normal convos. It’s crazy.
    Map 5x5 hashtagged out? Whole
    Messages hashtagged out ?? It’s ridiculous.

fnq59lnhs7x2.jpeg
    mxiwxhmfiw6p.jpeg
    mdye7m52phn9.jpeg
    ij63zkyqqxhl.jpeg
    “Mini Boss” gets censored too.

The censor is out of control
    edited May 2018
    There are so many threads about chat problems so I’ve chosen to re-awaken this one

I was censored in the dungeon yesterday. Where is the vulgarity in “want me to go right ?”

b3w6dim099fe.jpeg

emcklt6nf0rt.jpeg
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    We understand that the chat filter may catch some otherwise innocuous things, but it exists for a good reason. That said, there are already threads about this topic that have been addressed so this will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.