**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

.07716% chance to get the same 5 star awakening gem 4 times.

Kabam, this is ridiculously frustrating to keep getting the same 5 star awakening gem every single time. These items are super rare and supposedly every person should have a 1 and 6 shot at each category, right? Why do i waste so much time and sometimes money to get the same cosmic gem every time? 1 out of 6 is 16.666%. Times itself 4 times is .07716 percent chance. This is so unfair that this happens to anyone. Please make it so i can spend gold, loyalty, battlechips or whatever to reroll it. I work so long and hard to try to progress but this is like throwing everything away. Too much randomness in this game is unfair.

Comments

• ErSandErSand Posts: 49
    edited May 2018
    Same with me man, I'm always got tech, which i don't need but KABAM always tell us that's it's RNG, wonder if the system know what we need and make the percentage based on that.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    I got a cosmic too which I didn't need. So much time invested. Hopefully I get some good cosmic champs to use it. Pray to RNG gods
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    I have 4 4* and 2 5* science awakening gem in my inventory right now😭
  • Darklord2099Darklord2099 Posts: 13
    Yes I spent so much time collecting infinity dusts for an 5* awakening gem. Open it and bang mutant gem agaaaaaain. Never get cosmic, never get mystic over 3 years of playing. No mutant champs to use the gem on. Really really frustrating.
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    i got 5 cosmic class catalyst in a row from infinity dust crystals ...
    and i was looking for 1 mystic lol
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    This problem would be solved if RNG got nerfed. Seriously, if Kabam really invested in a more fair game dynamics there would be something in the game engine that detects what players need the most and things as extremely frustrating and disappointing as this don't happen anymore.

Again, I'm not saying to remove RNG in the game dynamics. Instead, build an AI that seeks to understand a player's progress in the game and provide options so that when you've put so much time and effort in something, the reward you get is actually the reward you need. I'm sure with the right investments in strategy and people something like this can be turned into reality.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 407 ★★★
    Agreed! I can’t escape the mutant 5* AG. To make it worse I can’t pull a worthy mutant champ to use it on. Still waiting on Iceman or Archangel
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Ive earned four 5* awakening gems and have been playing since the December the game was launched. My “luck”:

3 cosmics
    1 skill
  • jason_gurung7jason_gurung7 Posts: 11
    and always science here
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    I always get Tech. I just wish we could trade them in for other ones we can use at some kind of cost.

Spent 35 days grinding dungeons, get another Tech! I could have gotten 1.5 T2A instead, but now I got nothing that helps my progression.

Can't wait for the 4th of July awakening offers just so I can spend another $100 for another Tech gem
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    Always tech. Have received tech 3X
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    raffster wrote: »
    This problem would be solved if RNG got nerfed. Seriously, if Kabam really invested in a more fair game dynamics there would be something in the game engine that detects what players need the most and things as extremely frustrating and disappointing as this don't happen anymore.

Again, I'm not saying to remove RNG in the game dynamics. Instead, build an AI that seeks to understand a player's progress in the game and provide options so that when you've put so much time and effort in something, the reward you get is actually the reward you need. I'm sure with the right investments in strategy and people something like this can be turned into reality.

LOL. The first NERF I actually agree with!
  • DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    Same here. 3 5* ag crystals earned me 3 mutants. Gets to be there’s no point in playing. Work/grind hard and the rewards go to waste. T4cc that expire because your rng luck with pulling champs sucks. If you rank champs you don’t really want to them you end up throwing away t1a just so you don’t waste items you worked for.
  • KingyakoopaKingyakoopa Posts: 203
    I honestly have gotten every awakening gem except for a tech gem... I have gotten Mystic gem twice... mutant gem twice... Science gem once... cosmic gem once... skill gem once... It seems to help when you spin the crystal and wait for the gem you least need go by... then stop the spin... My odds have worked out doing this...
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    I’m letting cat 4 mutant catalysts expire. Got 12 now. Had about 15 before. I also have mutant rank up gems stacked. No champs to use them on. Not even mediocre ones. I currently have 36 five star champs. Two of which are mutant, namely Beast and Cyclops. Yes, both unduped. I have duped nine five stars. Let’s say only once. So I pulled at least 45 five stars total. Two mutants.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Seriously, if Kabam really invested in a more fair game dynamics there would be something in the game engine that detects what players need the most and things as extremely frustrating and disappointing as this don't happen anymore.

Yes Kabam, please invent a mind-reading algorithm that analyzes our brain waves and can tell what we think we need.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    all 3 of my 58 have been mystic
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    darn typo... all3 of my 5* have been mystic
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Ignoring the interesting definition of the word "fair" implied above, no one I know capable of making such a thing would be working at a mobile game development house.

Kudos though for asking for a random number generator to be nerfed. That should be a koan.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    That’s too small of sampling size of crystals to say RNG is broken. I don’t think you guys understand statistics. Just bacause it’s a small probability doesn’t meant it won’t happen. There is a large player base for all kinds of possible outcomes to happen
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    How about making the gems a 3 class only. Then will have to choose which gem containing 3 classes we will get to gamble with.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Just let us trade gems in for the gems we want, for a cost ofc
  • RedRubRedRub Posts: 15
    I am fine keeping the RNG aspect.. Just give us a chance to pay resources to reroll the class.. Many RNG-based games have features like this... Diablo 3 has ways to reroll stats on items for a cost.... Maybe this would give us another way to use some gold besides leveling other characters. I am all for the reroll having a cool down resetting period thing as well. Maybe a user can only reroll 1 gem every 14 days or something to that effect.
  • nelly22nelly22 Posts: 65
    4 mystic 5* awakening gems for me. And 5 mutant 5* champs in a row. Crazy odds.
  • Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 129
    Time is priciness IMO. But this can only prove that you won't always receive what you've expected after you've put your effort in. There is nothing fair in the trading systems.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    RedRub wrote: »
    I am fine keeping the RNG aspect.. Just give us a chance to pay resources to reroll the class.. Many RNG-based games have features like this... Diablo 3 has ways to reroll stats on items for a cost.... Maybe this would give us another way to use some gold besides leveling other characters. I am all for the reroll having a cool down resetting period thing as well. Maybe a user can only reroll 1 gem every 14 days or something to that effect.

Unless you have some way of acquiring more than one 5* awakening gem every fourteen days, a 14 day cooldown doesn't really affect anything at all.