**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Impact of 18.1 changes to AA’s Effectiveness

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I’m curious to know what the community thinks about the upcoming version’s changes to Archangel. Stuns from neurotoxins apparently did not count as a debuff; now they will.

Thoughts? Impressions?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Fragbags01 wrote: »
    It states in his abilities that neurotoxin are passive and not a debuff I've just read it on my aa so technically this is a nerf

That’s my reading.

DZ
  • Fragbags01Fragbags01 Posts: 27
    lseuph45i6nj.jpg
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    What they will say, of course, is that the Neurotoxin is still a passive debuff. But the stun is a normal debuff.

Dr. Zola
  • DrainsDrains Posts: 158
    Awesome was just about to go for him in artifacts crystal , wonder what new champ or node is the reason they nerfed him , and yes it’s a nerf
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Annoying. Soooo we cant stun the stun immune AW boss anymore ? lol
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Here there will be the usual discussion on what constitutes a nerf. Yes it does reduce how powerful archangel is. But it doesn’t destroy him. He’ll still be brilliant. The biggest sticking point is that it was probably a bug that he could stun stun Immune champions, so is it a nerf if it’s fixing a broken part of him that makes him strong? I’m not sure but I’m inclined to say no.
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/41952/arch-angel-against-stun-immune-champs

This is not a bug Kabam. Focus your attention on fixing real bugs. AA already doesn't work against many immune champs, being able to stun stun-immune with the neurotoxin makes the character more interesting without making him overpowered.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    If he's able to Stun when they're Immune, without specifically being meant to do such, it's a bug.
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 238
    THAT IS A NERF FOR SURE 100%
    it was not a bug. AA is not a new champ, everyone knew for long time that he had that ability to stun, stun immune or debuff immune champs. i'll say this again.
    IT WAS HIS ABILITY.

THIS IS THE REAL REASON WHY KABAM NERFED ARCHANGEL:
    Kabam saw that most of the players who had 4* or 5* AA, were able to kill Infinity war THANOS lot easly than the other ones. we know that not all players have blade, but AA is very common, so kabam just nerfed him because of that, and in future situations like this, AA will be less useful, so players will be forsed to find some other ways and spend more units.
    it's simple is that. Thanks kabam.. again
    PROOF:
    0p4dlwlzbyee.png
    ph72d7zv6gg5.png

• Fragbags01Fragbags01 Posts: 27
    But I've just read it again it's not on the neurotoxin but on the stun after so doesn't really matter I suppose
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    If he's able to Stun when they're Immune, without specifically being meant to do such, it's a bug.

But he was ment to do that.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    If they did the same to Blade, it would make some perverse kind of sense. But I guess that would meet way too much backlash. So they keep the most boring (absolutely zero skill needed to play), game breaking (no matter who you put in AW defense, they die, bar IM IW, who’s another pita) champ as is, go for the few other good ones instead. Wonderful.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »

Does it specify that in his Abilities?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Kabam specified it.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★

So Kabam Wolf was giving incorrect info when he said that A/A was working as intended?
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★

Everything about neurotoxin is listed as passive, so yeah. But apart from that, Kabam has confirmed that’s how he’s supposed to work. So it was working as intended and they did not “fix an issue” they changed how he worked. Which I’m fine with, but calling it an issue when it was how he’s supposed to work I’m not.
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    It was a bug ... doesn't matter how you see it

Not according to kabam forum mods
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    We can clearly see that he shouldn't bypass stuns like he did, people just got used to his bugged state
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    Batman05 wrote: »
    We can clearly see that he shouldn't bypass stuns like he did, people just got used to his bugged state

Fully incorrect according the kabam forum mods. He was working as intended. It's clearly stated.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Classic Kabam!!! Hey we just gave you a small token of gifts, now we are going to rear-end one of the strongest champs for stun immune nodes, mmm Okay? AW profits on the rise.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Those saying this is a bug oh please just stop
    Archangel has been around for a long time
    Its been widely known that he could stun stun immune champs like a certain someone (won't name names for obvious reasons)
    If it was a bug,they've been aware of it for a long time so why now? After a year maybe
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I'm very disappointed that Kabam decided to make this change to a champ they had previously noted as "working as intended".

That being said, I'm not surprised they made the change.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    edited May 2018
    I spend a bomb on his FGMCs so needless to say I’m not pleased with the changes. If anyone from the team can clarify this for me it would be much appreciated. This ability was one of the key reasons why I went ham on his GMCs and took him up to R4 a response would be nice.
This discussion has been closed.