**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* iceman

Why does a 5* iceman still take 5% special 3 damage if you hit the 20% reduction perfectly????? Shouldn't it only be 4%????

Comments

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    That's not how it works
    You reduce the original damage you would take, say from 40% to 32%, and then Iceman's armour caps that damage at 5%
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    That's not how it works
    You reduce the original damage you would take, say from 40% to 32%, and then Iceman's armour caps that damage at 5%

so no need to even try to hit the perfect 20% reduction????? seems off in my mind, are there any classes on Kabam logic and kabam math the I can attend lmao
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    That's not how it works

so no need to even try to hit the perfect 20% reduction????? seems off in my mind, are there any classes on Kabam logic and kabam math the I can attend lmao

wooow you take 5% instead of 4% dmg. brooo pm me if you need someone to talk with! we SHALL get thru this together!

thx for the sarcasm
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    That's not how it works

Makes perfect sense. That 20% is a 5* SP3 game mechanic. The mechanic is placed first. So like they said above, maybe you drop from 40% damage to 32% damage.

Now.....

Iceman's Ice Armor takes over and says, "Wait! 32% is over 5%. We will reduce that 32% to 5%."

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,865 ★★★★★
    That's not how it works

if the damage I take from a SP3 is 5000 and with the mini game you reduce that damage by 20%= reduction of 1000.
    Iceman will then only take 5% damage from the 4000 being dealt= 400. The logic is sound. Not sure where you are confused at.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    He thought it worked the other way around, where the ice armour activated first and then damage from that could be reduced
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    That's not how it works

if the damage I take from a SP3 is 5000 and with the mini game you reduce that damage by 20%= reduction of 1000.
    Iceman will then only take 5% damage from the 4000 being dealt= 400. The logic is sound. Not sure where you are confused at.

lol this is even more confusing and wrong. Ice armor won't take 5% of the damage. Ice armor means he'll take max 5% of his health

The real math, is the minigame does the 20% reduction before damage calculation is done. Ice armor caps the damage done to you as its happening.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    If he has ice armor, then the opponent will do maximum 5% damage with an L3. There's no change to that 5% in any way using buffs or abilities.

Also, note that this is the current ability, and it's working as intended. Maybe a few months from now Kabam will decide it's a bug and change it.