**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* iceman

Why does a 5* iceman still take 5% special 3 damage if you hit the 20% reduction perfectly????? Shouldn't it only be 4%????

Comments

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    That's not how it works
    You reduce the original damage you would take, say from 40% to 32%, and then Iceman's armour caps that damage at 5%
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    That's not how it works
    You reduce the original damage you would take, say from 40% to 32%, and then Iceman's armour caps that damage at 5%

so no need to even try to hit the perfect 20% reduction????? seems off in my mind, are there any classes on Kabam logic and kabam math the I can attend lmao
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    That's not how it works

so no need to even try to hit the perfect 20% reduction????? seems off in my mind, are there any classes on Kabam logic and kabam math the I can attend lmao

wooow you take 5% instead of 4% dmg. brooo pm me if you need someone to talk with! we SHALL get thru this together!

thx for the sarcasm
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    That's not how it works

Makes perfect sense. That 20% is a 5* SP3 game mechanic. The mechanic is placed first. So like they said above, maybe you drop from 40% damage to 32% damage.

Now.....

Iceman's Ice Armor takes over and says, "Wait! 32% is over 5%. We will reduce that 32% to 5%."

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    That's not how it works

if the damage I take from a SP3 is 5000 and with the mini game you reduce that damage by 20%= reduction of 1000.
    Iceman will then only take 5% damage from the 4000 being dealt= 400. The logic is sound. Not sure where you are confused at.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    He thought it worked the other way around, where the ice armour activated first and then damage from that could be reduced
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    That's not how it works

if the damage I take from a SP3 is 5000 and with the mini game you reduce that damage by 20%= reduction of 1000.
    Iceman will then only take 5% damage from the 4000 being dealt= 400. The logic is sound. Not sure where you are confused at.

lol this is even more confusing and wrong. Ice armor won't take 5% of the damage. Ice armor means he'll take max 5% of his health

The real math, is the minigame does the 20% reduction before damage calculation is done. Ice armor caps the damage done to you as its happening.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    If he has ice armor, then the opponent will do maximum 5% damage with an L3. There's no change to that 5% in any way using buffs or abilities.

Also, note that this is the current ability, and it's working as intended. Maybe a few months from now Kabam will decide it's a bug and change it.