**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

v18.1 Discussion Thread

Comments

• LastEmperorLastEmperor Posts: 10
    edited June 2018
    Rank down tickets ? @Kabam Miike
    Its tiring that champions are always being downgraded after much time/money and resources have been spent. This needs to stop - im really hoping for rank down tickets to whoever has ranked 4/5 him.
  • IdelestIdelest Posts: 43
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    In a game like this, I expect every single update to contain "adjustments" to a lot of characters. Both buffs and nerfs.

I just wish Kabam was brave enough to admit some things are too overpowered or underpowered and do something about it.

I agree with you here man we never get adjustments they are so so rare. That is exactly why this is such a big deal. They make maybe 5-6 adjustments every year, usually buffs to champions who are completely under-used. They have nerfed champions only once ever and now this is the second time.

I think if we as a community were more used to constant balancing we wouldn't be upset, but we know how they work and its mostly focused on future content. To have them go back and nerf AA is just strange and out of place.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    They're not giving Tickets for it, it's already been addressed. For that matter, it's not a change to his inherent functioning, much less a major one. It's a fix.
    Besides that, if people only used him for that one reason and would Rank him down because of the change, I would suggest they get to know his uses more. AA is highly effective, regardless if his Stun counts as a Debuff or not. That is pretty obvious.

@GroundedWisdom your constant "it's already been addressed" in active, ongoing threads is not helpful. Obviously it has not been addressed to the satisfaction of 99% of the people here. We are all aware of what has already been said, and stating that it's a "fix" begs the question many of us are asking. Many times after Kabam has "addressed" something they have modified their original decision based on community response. If you have something to contribute well and good. Spamming the company line isn't furthering the discussion.

My comment is not spam. It's reiterating what was said. They're not giving Tickets. Spamming could also be considered continually asking for them, even though it's been commented on. Is there a constructive purpose to you disputing every comment I make?
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    Will domino/massacre be in the x-force crystals?
  • B012B012 Posts: 39
    ScottLang wrote: »
    Lol i cant beleive how many people are complaining about the AA stun thing lol like where do you guys use this thats making it a “game changing fix” or in anyway makes AA any worse of a champ? Lol like hes still one of the best to use for thorns like against IM on map 6 and anywhere where his stun from his nuerotoxin could be benificial bis nuerotoxin in general still would kill the champ fast enough anyways so i don’t understand the commotion unless its just another thing for everyone to flip out about cause they love the drama or are hungry for rank down tickets and using this as a catalyst to try and get one

its not about aa at all. its about the way this was delivered to us. what stops them tomorrow to do same thing with your beloved champ, with a simple quote "bug fix. your champ was not working as intended"
    you are missing the big picture here.
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 130
    This AA case is so demoralizing. If not properly handled, kabam will lose the trust of its remaining player base.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    No it is not. Maybe you dont have AA 😂
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    Thought this was supposed to be a June 4 update just faced immune spidy in war and guess what he did not get stun after 3 neurotoxin, on the 4th neuro he did unreal please let me rank him down or should I post this in the bugs forum lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    StopLying wrote: »
    One of Archangel's passive abilities: Neurotoxin.
    The description of Neurotoxin.
    "Neurotoxins are a Passive effect, and therefore do not count as either a Debuff, or a Poison."
    "On expiry Neurotoxins have a 100% Chance to Stun their target for 1.50 seconds. This effect will not interrupt a Special Attack"

This is part of the description of Neurotoxin as written by Kabam. Both listed as bullets under Neurotoxin, not as separate passive abilities. Part of the Neurotoxin is that it Stuns for 1.50 second on expiry and does not count as a Debuff or Poison.
    Of course it wasn't acting like every other stun because this is one of Archangel's passive abilities as written on the description by Kabam.

I can see how a player might interpret the text that way, but that isn't consistent with how the game works. Stun isn't a thing that neurotoxin can do, stun is an effect that neurotoxin must trigger as a status effect. So just because neurotoxin is a passive effect, doesn't mean the stun it triggers must also be a passive effect.

Yellowjacket's biosting is also a passive effect, but the stun it triggers is a normal active stun effect, just like all other stun effects in the game.
  • Honeybunny217Honeybunny217 Posts: 33
    I know AA posts are starting to get old, but I have a few questions about his passive ability. I get why his neurotoxin stun is changing to a debuff but that raised another question for me. It states in his abilities that,
    "Archangels ability accuracy cannot be reduced by his opponents abilities," so what are the limits or parameters to this ability? If Black Widow can bypass nodes like Safeguard, Spiked Armor, etc... with her defensive ability accuracy reduction ability, then, theoretically, AA should be able to make Scarlet Witch (or any other bleeding champ) bleed on a Bleed Immune node right? How does this ability interact with shrugging off abilities? Who gets the tiebreaker - AA or Agent Venom, Crossbones, etc... or can other champs like Rogue decrease the bleed/poison/stun duration? Does his ability protection just allow him to only place the debuff but not guarantee that it will stay active or have its duration or potency decreased? I'm just curious so that I can plan how I can use my AA after the update goes live. Thanks. @Kabam Miike
  • GoreGore Posts: 85
    I get it
    Kabam knows is unfair still decides to walk on corps cause they can . Thank you
    After almost 3 yeas of playing this game and all contents finished over 7 hours of playing every day over money invested i had ONE CHANCE TO RANK 5 a 5* and I choosed Archangel
    This can only means one thing the pleasure for this game as come to an end cause this game is not enjoyable anymore has come more of a job where u have no support on contrary you get a big hit in your head
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf you guys have the right to do whatever u want with this company nobody can stop you guys. Just remember a thing respect is earned not forced. Put yourselves in my position and tell me what reason I have to continue this game when instead of climbing in this game you decide to take us down by making one of the most loved characters in this game a usless Kamala Khan.

P.S. kabam made this forum to keep in touch with his clients and to help them reach their needs and resolve their problems. That’s not happening it seems like is only for announcements and not for helping.
    Create a poll and u will see that NOBODY here will have the same opinion you have about changing AA.... NOBODY... so it’s a FACT we don’t count
  • CometEarthCometEarth Posts: 115
    edited June 2018
    I would like to ask something since black panther CW ability says physical Stun and AA neurotoxin is passive is it going to be reflected . i dont see any contract when its expired .You can literally be on the other side of the screen.Also you can add the neurotoxin using sp1 or sp2 that they make no contract.
    @Kabam Miike
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    It wasn't just a random comment made by a Mod. It was an answer to a question in "bugs and known issues" which they not only answered but resolved and closed the thread by marking it "not a bug."

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/251553#Comment_251553

This is especially puzzling because forum moderators often don't answer these questions on their own. There are tons of posts from forum moderators where they respond to players' questions with something like "I'll pass this on to the team" or "just checked,....". These types of responses to players' specific questions imply that forum moderators are instructed - possibly by MCOC game developers/coders - how to answer these exact types of questions.

One forum moderator stating that another forum moderator gave wrong information contradicts months to years of forum moderator responses that detail how they asked Kabam employees more familiar with MCOC game mechanics for answers to questions before giving those answers.