Earlier today, there was an issue where Summoners that logged on shortly after the Login Calendar switched over for the day didn't receive the Cosmic Ghost Rider login crystal. We've fixed the issue for players receiving the crystal now but will have to collect data and send out the crystal to all players that didn't receive it next week. We apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to making it right for you all.

CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT - IRON MAN (INFINITY WAR)

Comments

• JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    You guys who think he won't be nerfed are hilarious. As soon as his GMFC and arena runs are done he'll be the next target. Typical Kabam fashion, release an OP champ then make balance changes after the fact.
  • TitanPunchTitanPunch Posts: 60
    Aggression:Amour + Iron man is the BIGGEST BS that has happened to the game for a while! It turned an otherwise fun game into a fiasco during AW. Suddenly teams with that one champ has much higher likelihood of being promoted which means others get demoted. So much for Seasons being a skill-based event. Suspect quit wave coming. Well done Kabam in building your player base.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    TitanPunch wrote: »
    Aggression:Amour + Iron man is the BIGGEST BS that has happened to the game for a while! It turned an otherwise fun game into a fiasco during AW. Suddenly teams with that one champ has much higher likelihood of being promoted which means others get demoted. So much for Seasons being a skill-based event. Suspect quit wave coming. Well done Kabam in building your player base.

But if it’s a champ that some players can beat, wouldn’t that mean it IS skill-based...?
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 435 ★★★

But if it’s a champ that some players can beat, wouldn’t that mean it IS skill-based...?
    yes but...
    "yes" - i'm sure there are better players that can solo even LOL without using any items. i'm not fooling myself and I know i'm not one of these players.
    "but" - if i was able to complete every challenge up to this point, with fair skill and with 0 to 1 deaths in most wars and now it jumped to 10 deaths and barely scratch him it means BS.
    you want to make things harder? fine! but there should be a progression. from 0-1 deaths to 3-4, from 3-4 to 5-6... even the old old map in war (thorns, slash tier, degen - if you old enough to remember this nightmare) was easier because at least it gave the player a chance to push through.
    this "but" change everything... maybe there are other players with more or less the same level of skill i have (or don't have) but they were luckier to pull IMIW. it give them advantage without having higher skill.

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The thing with IMIW is that he’s actually perfectly balanced in high tier wars where alliances are actively trying to locate him on the map and bring in counters. Occasionally he’ll get 1-2 kills but as more alliances wise up how to beat him it will be less. The problem occurs in lower tier alliances that are still trying to attack into him with 4+ armors up or on certain armor nodes. He’s sort of like Magik in that he needs specific counters or specific ways to play against him. Magik has way more counters and has been out for a while so people understand her game already. I think IMIW just needs more getting used to and he’ll still be a tough defender for anyone but not incredibly overpowered as some make him out to be.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    The thing with IMIW is that he’s actually perfectly balanced in high tier wars where alliances are actively trying to locate him on the map and bring in counters. Occasionally he’ll get 1-2 kills but as more alliances wise up how to beat him it will be less. The problem occurs in lower tier alliances that are still trying to attack into him with 4+ armors up or on certain armor nodes. He’s sort of like Magik in that he needs specific counters or specific ways to play against him. Magik has way more counters and has been out for a while so people understand her game already. I think IMIW just needs more getting used to and he’ll still be a tough defender for anyone but not incredibly overpowered as some make him out to be.

Guess you mean tier 1and 2 when you say higher tier. Watched our unduped r3 on node 38 get 5 kills against a R5 5* Hyperion in tier 3. Will people get better at fighting him?.. absolutely, and people will rank up better counters. All that said there aren't many great counters. I'm still figuring this out like everyone else.
  • Yahya1710Yahya1710 Posts: 2
    This is an event everyone should do so I agree so we should play contest of champions very often
  • Yahya1710Yahya1710 Posts: 2
    g6houw0u8ug1.png
    This will help you
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    no kills at Tier 2 on node 38 in the last war. he's expected there, and people ask the guy with the skills and one of a variety of champs to take him down. medusa is still a tougher defender who has been getting kills consistently. Her kills are lower now that she's been around for a while and people have figured her out, but it seems that people are figuring IMIW way faster. Only 2 wars in and already he's getting steamrolled.
    Yahya1710 wrote: »
    This is an event everyone should do so I agree so we should play contest of champions very often

Cap infinity war is horrible against him in war on node 38 btw. Other than that he's great.
    Tempest wrote: »
    no kills at Tier 2 on node 38 in the last war. he's expected there, and people ask the guy with the skills and one of a variety of champs to take him down. medusa is still a tougher defender who has been getting kills consistently. Her kills are lower now that she's been around for a while and people have figured her out, but it seems that people are figuring IMIW way faster. Only 2 wars in and already he's getting steamrolled.

If you have one of the couple champs for him he will be fairly easy, if not you are in trouble. But yeah people are adapting.
  • ILOVEMCOCILOVEMCOC Posts: 21
    the majority of people begging for nerf are just salty that they couldnt pull him from fgmc. i didnt pull him either guys, but he there are counters for him, just like with any champ. i think he makes war more fun to strategize with, and fun to watch him destroy those who dont do so properly.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    ILOVEMCOC wrote: »
    the majority of people begging for nerf are just salty that they couldnt pull him from fgmc. i didnt pull him either guys, but he there are counters for him, just like with any champ. i think he makes war more fun to strategize with, and fun to watch him destroy those who dont do so properly.

Pulled and ranked him, still think the interaction on 38 has to be addressed. Overall, they released it either not testing him properly or with the sole purpose of creating the bs situation which node 38 is.

Let's be clear, there are counters but the armor up every 2 seconds node acts as counter to his counters. And that's absurdly silly. Every champion should be balanced even defenders. Every champion should have a weak point to exploit with the right counter. A node voiding (or partially doing so) the effective counter of a champion makes him unbalanced.

CAn you solo it? Sure you can. Point is: it's not purely skill based but has a decisive amount of luck involved. Literally everything has to go in the proper way. Also, 5/65 5* ones are a different story making time outs possible, and reducing th counters to only CG+PM really.

Basically node 38 kills any counter to him on its own. Aside a strict setconsisting of a champion + a specific synergy.
    Which isn't good.
    ILOVEMCOC wrote: »

I like it when people prove they don't know what they are talking about instead of others having to point it out.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Last war in plat3, for our BG our r4 5* IMIW got all of two kills while their 5/50 4* got zero. We already beginning to discuss what nodes we may move our r4 5* to in the future wars since people are coming in prepared for him.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Yup. Node 38 actually makes him easier for certain attackers.

No nerf needed. If you can't beat him still you better go to YouTube and take note of the 7 different ways to handle him.
  • Good going
  • I want infinite war iron man
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Yup. Node 38 actually makes him easier for certain attackers.

No nerf needed. If you can't beat him still you better go to YouTube and take note of the 7 different ways to handle him.

Tier 3 war tonight and our R3 imiw has 3 kills and 95% health...lol They must not have watched all those Videos. I'd say him getting 0-2 kills is the exception not the rule, at least for now.
    edited June 2018
    I take path 7 in war so I've been catching him since this started. Evidently our opponent wasn't able to pull him yet because so far he hasn't shown up in our battlegroup. War was much more enjoyable...lol. I'll be ready for him next time though.
  • Eddy93Eddy93 Posts: 1
    Champion est un bête de jeu
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    He's definitely beatable but I died 4 times getting him down this war.

I look at this as my failure though, still getting practice against him.
  • Best
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 wrote: »

Let’s talk again after you’ll fight him in war

@Carmel1 just fought IMIW on node 44 in tier 3 AW. He was unduped at 5/50, almost soloed him with 3/45 duped Luke Cage. Could’ve played better to solo without boosts, posted the video below.

4/55+ and 6* Luke Cage could solo 5* IMIW on node 44, probably without boosts. Hard part would be keeping exhaustion stacked when his sig ability triggers. For a 30% chance to inflict exhaustion on light attacks Luke Cage loves to have light attack dry spells in AW.

Node 38 is much, much harder, but at least IMIW isn’t OP on all AW nodes:

• FoxmanFoxman Posts: 1
    Iron Man (Infinity War) enters The Contest May 24th at 10AM PDT, but you can add him to your team early by purchasing his Preview Bundle on May 18th at 10AM PDT!

About Iron Man (Infinity War):
    After being an integral part of the Avengers team from the start, Tony Stark finds himself divided from Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. But now, faced with an imminent, deadly threat unlike any he has ever encountered, Stark will be forced to call upon some familiar faces as well as do battle alongside some new allies.

Base Stats & Abilities
    *All stats based on 4-Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99

Health: 14824
    Attack: 1165
    Max PI:
    - Without Signature: 3882
    - With Signature (99): 4762

*All stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200

Health: 29874
    Attack: 2324
    Max PI:
    - Without Signature: 7823
    - With Signature (200): 10260

Character Class: Tech

Basic Abilities: Molecular Armor, Incinerate, Shock, Armor Break

Molecular Arsenal
    - Tony Stark’s Model 50 suit uses state-of-the-art nanotechnology to change form and mass at will, providing extreme adaptability and a wide array of weaponry including Blade Arm, Hammer Arm, and point-blank Repulsor attacks.

Molecular Armor Passive
    - Up to 24% chance to activate an Armor Passive when attacking or struck by an attack, increasing Armor by 2255 for 8 seconds. The chance to trigger is reduced for each active Armor Passive.
    - Start the fight with 1 stack(s) of Molecular Armor.
    - Critical Resistance increases by 273 for each active Armor effect.
    - Each Armor effect active on Iron Man reduces the effectiveness of Power Drain, Power Steal, and Power Burn effects by 18%.
    - After achieving 4 stacks of any Armor effect, Iron Man has a 100% chance to Auto-Block the next attack and then consume 1 Armor effect(s). This Auto-Block triggers Parry.
    - A stack of Armor is lost each time Iron Man is inflicted by an Armor Break effect.
    - Molecular Armor provides full immunity to Bleed and Coldsnap effects while active.
    Developer Note: This unique Armor cannot be Nullified but is still removed by Armor Break. The reduction to Power manipulation affects the amount of Power subtracted from Iron Man.

Repulsor Attacks
    - The first Medium hit, the first Heavy hit, and the second and fourth Light attacks employ point-blank Repulsor blasts.
    - Repulsor hits don’t make contact, cannot be evaded, and deal Energy Damage instead of Physical.
    - Repulsor hits that strike an opponent suffering from both Shock and Incinerate fuse those two Debuffs into a new Plasma Passive that has the properties of both.
    - Repulsor hits refresh Incinerate Debuffs and Plasma Passives on opponents.
    - Repulsor hits that strike an opponent suffering from a Shock or Plasma effect generate zero Power in opponents and drain up to 2.5% of their current stored Power.
    Developer Note: Since Repulsor attacks don’t make contact (they are short-range projectiles) they won’t trigger the Stun from the Parry Mastery, which means Iron Man (Infinity War) cannot ever be Stunned by Parry when he Dashes in (unless your name is Proxima Midnight). If you get up close and personal, his Light 1 Attack will trigger the Stun from Parry. This is the inverse of how Yondu interacts with Parry, and it helps make Iron Man (Infinity War) a formidable defender.

Heavy Attacks
    - The first Repulsor hit has all the properties of a Repulsor Attack and has +1165 Attack Rating.
    - The second hit employs a Hammer Arm and has a 100% chance to inflict Armor Break on the opponent, removing one Armor Up and then reducing Armor by 439 for 12 seconds.
    - The third and final hit employs an Unblockable Blade Arm and inflicts Heal Block for 16 second(s) against targets under the effects of Regeneration.

Special Attacks:

Special 1: Zero-point Blasts - Tapping into an esoteric energy source, the suit morphs to fire debilitating blasts.
    - The first hit employes an Unblockable Blade Arm and inflicts Heal Block for 16 second(s) against targets under the effects of Regeneration.
    - Each energy projectile has all the properties of a Repulsor attack and generates zero Power in opponents.
    - 100% chance to leave opponents Shocked for 1165 Energy Damage over 12 seconds.
    - Shock duration increases by up to 50% based on the opponents’ current Power.

Special 2: Micro-missile Array - Nanoparticles reform into wings that rain down repeated missile strikes.
    - The first two hits are Hammer Arm Attacks. Each has a 40% chance to inflict Armor Break on the opponent, removing one Armor Up and then reducing Armor by 631.58 for 12 seconds.
    - The missile barrage has a 100% chance to ignite the target, inflicting Incinerate for 1875.65 damage over 5 seconds.
    - If the target does not ignite, they are instead inflicted by Armor Break, removing one Armor Up and then reducing Armor by 352.94 for 20 seconds.
    34% chance for each active Armor Break on the opponent to inflict Stun for 2.2 seconds.
    Developer Note: As long as at least one Shock and one Incinerate are on the target, they combine into a Plasma Passive. It doesn’t matter which order Shock or Incinerate are applied, nor does it matter how they were activated. It’s possible to keep refreshing Plasma on the target long enough to activate another Special 1 and Special 2. This causes Plasma to stack. All stacks of Plasma are refreshed by Repulsor attacks, so B-E aggressive and “juggle” as much Plasma as you can for maximum DPS. Plasma cannot exceed 15 stacks.

Special 3: Infinity Break - Adapting to both worldly and otherworldly threats, the Model 50 unleashes its entire arsenal.
    - 100% chance to inflict Armor Break on the opponent, removing one Armor Up and then reducing Armor by 222 for 3 seconds.
    - 100% chance to instantly ignite and electrify the target, inflicting a Plasma Passive that deals 2447 damage over 6 seconds.
    - The chance to inflict Plasma decreases by 20% for each Plasma effect already active on the target.
    Developer Note: Since Plasma is a Passive and Special 3 inflicts Plasma without requiring Incinerate or Shock Debuffs, it’s possible to start “juggling” Plasma on a Debuff-immune target by opening with a Special 3. The easier access to Plasma is offset by the much higher damage output of the Shock and Incinerate method. Consider Special 3 a backup strategy if you find it difficult to get Shock or Incinerate to stick.

Signature Ability: Deflector Protocol
    - Once per fight, Iron Man’s Model 50 suit executes an emergency protocol if attacked while 15% Health or less remains, creating a hardened exterior by instantly granting 8 stack(s) of Molecular Armor.
    - While 15% Health or less remains and Iron Man is under the effects of an Armor effect, the suit generates 6.6% Power per second and has a 100% chance to Auto-Block attacks without consuming Armor. This Auto-Block triggers Parry.
    Developer Note: Iron Man (Infinity War) does not need to start a fight with more than 15% Health for this ability to activate. Even entering with only 2% remaining Health will still trigger the burst of Armor, Power generation, and Auto-Block; however, the trigger is still limited to once per fight.

• DM101DM101 Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Kabams way of doing things. Introduce a champ with little to no counters, then follow up with a champ a month later.

Expect Deadpool gold or, who I am banking on, Domino to have defensive ability reduction and/or true strike/accuracy

I agree with just about every concern about IMIW in this thread. The nuance and semantics are getting ridiculous. Medusa's armor break works, but armor "shatter" doesn't prevent new armors from forming. I understand passive armor cannot be nullified, but armor shatter isn't "nullify". His armor can be broken. Is "shattered" not broken? And once shattered, you can't apply more armor break. Ronan's heavy attack also doesn't cause armor break... again, this is not a nullify effect. Why does this not break his armor?

With respect to IMIW having only a handful of useful counters... this would be fine if there were a reliable way to shoot for a particular champ. But we no longer have the options to try our chance at new champs since they changed the featured crystal. So unless you're wildly lucky, dump a ton of money, or dump some significant units and 72 hours of time, your chance of getting a counter is very slim. Well done.

Also, despite all of the semantics, I still feel like some interactions are not working as expected. For instance, Mephisto's soul lock has a 100% chance to reduce the ability to activate Buffs, meaning it should prevent molecular armor. Semantic police, please note that it does not specify "passive" or "active". So I tested this against another passive buff: Stark Spidey's poise charge. Low and behold, SS's poise charges do not buff upon dexterity when under soul lock. The semantic police may also say that because soul lock prevents crit buff from triggering, the poise buff is also prevented. But the poise buff is triggered by using the dexterity mastery, which you can do despite soul lock (shows up on the screen as "Dexterity"), not by triggering crit rate buff due to dexterity mastery. So we know that soul lock as effect on both active and passive masteries, but for some reason, IMIW is immune to this effect too. Expected behavior, or bugged?

I also find that when below 15%, he still autoparries even after his armor wears off... I've tested this several times. Again, is this expected behavior or a bug?

All a very long winded way to say, IMIW is either a god, a cheat, or bugged... I'm guessing it's some combination of the 3. I'm all for new, challenging champs, but I'm also very annoyed by the blatant god mode built into this champ (prevents evade rendering quake useless, can't parry repulsor attacks, autoparry almost incessantly, only 1 way to remove armor) after nerfing some decent champs back in the day.
  • HulkadamHulkadam Posts: 1
    Harika
  • TomoXrayTomoXray Posts: 42
    edited June 2018
    @DM101 yeah i also had him autoblock me repeatedly when he was on about 5% health even with only 2 armour showing (node 24, tier 2 war)
  • linuxlinux Posts: 291

This isn't really an impediment to building the base so much as a reason some might leave.
    TomoXray wrote: »
    @DM101 yeah i also had him autoblock me repeatedly when he was on about 5% health even with only 2 armour showing (node 24, tier 2 war)

Under 15% he will autoblock with just 1 armor, so this part is as designed. (Granted, I think the design is punishing and unfun -- I can beat him, but don't enjoy the fights, and I have him as a max 5/50 -- but that feedback has been given repeatedly already.)
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Can he be foguht? yes

Can he be oneshotted? yes.

Both require perfect luck, with literally everything going perfectly fine for the attacker. Lose a bit of time, get unlucky with furies, fail to bait, and you're pretty much either dead or timed out. The problem is not the char's difficulty, the problem is that the way to counter it is too time consuming and on the verge of timing out.

I saw quite a few posts here but most of them are 4*, r3 and few cases of r4 ones.

When you'll encounter a r5 5/65 imiw it's there that you'll see what other people mean. Literally get 3 less furies with hyperion, time out. HAve him not use a heavy for 3-4 combos, time out. And so on. You gotta look at the long run of things.

Ofc, you ll kill him oneshot too. but a completely luck based fight has no place for skill wars, or so we tought.