**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thanks for mcoc Kabam

For the better part of a decade I was an addict, I lost everything and really struggled with life in general until I got sober. After I got sober I had a hard time finding something to fill my time and help me stay clean until I found Marvel Contest of Champions on the app store. I fell in love with this game and it has really helped me stay clean and get my life back on track. I'm very thankful for the game and just wanted to say thank you to kabam for giving me something to put my energy in to and a place to escape when I need it. So thank you for helping me out.

Comments

• EmmanuelcoastEmmanuelcoast Posts: 170
    im glad that kabam has impacted your life and kept you busy man!! congrats on getting sober and I hope you continue!
  • IamGROOT420IamGROOT420 Posts: 233
    Thank you i appreciate the support and kind words
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    you know, this game can be addicted as well.
    Lol I know I been stuck on it for almost 2 years and it's healthier than being on dope. I'm working on becoming uncollected just need to complete chapter 1and 2of act 5
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    That's awesome, congrats on getting clean. I have a similar experience. Sometimes this game seems terribly addictive, but there is no comparing it to drugs because it is mostly harmless and the side effects are mich less severe.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Lol I know I been stuck on it for almost 2 years and it's healthier than being on dope. I'm working on becoming uncollected just need to complete chapter 1and 2of act 5

I was stuck on act 5.1.2 for quite awhile till a few days ago. I breezed thru act 5.1.3, but now in stuck on 5.1.4. Inching my way to uncollected, but I hear 5.2 really sucks.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Congratulations on getting out of drug addiction. That's quite a feat. I have a best friend who has undergone rehab three times in a row now to no avail. (Sad because the dude is a billionaire that got hooked on cocaine. Sometimes I wonder how people who can buy anything on a whim can still become a victim of drugs.)

If you're into listening inspirational and motivational videos look up the videos of Prof. Jordan Peterson on Youtube on addiction and getting your life together. He's such a phenomenal thought leader I personally believe he's one of the greatest intellectuals of current times.

I wish you all the best and I hope you find yourself deepening your realizations and reaching greater milestones ahead.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    i totally get you.... only problem is one addiction for another......
    good thing thing is this addiction only consumes ur time.....
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    raffster wrote: »
    Congratulations on getting out of drug addiction. That's quite a feat. I have a best friend who has undergone rehab three times in a row now to no avail. (Sad because the dude is a billionaire that got hooked on cocaine. Sometimes I wonder how people who can buy anything on a whim can still become a victim of drugs.)

If you're into listening inspirational and motivational videos look up the videos of Prof. Jordan Peterson on Youtube on addiction and getting your life together. He's such a phenomenal thought leader I personally believe he's one of the greatest intellectuals of current times.

I wish you all the best and I hope you find yourself deepening your realizations and reaching greater milestones ahead.

it is because they have so much money and can buy anything on a whim that they get addicted.....
    they have the same addictive personalities as people with less money....
    but they have the money to do as much as they want of whatever they want whenever they want....
  • SirDuke_83SirDuke_83 Posts: 27
    That's awesome mate, congratulations on getting sober. While I do wish you all the best be careful with this game aswell, it's also an addiction that takes away your time and if you're not careful your money also. Keep up the good work on being sober mate
  • RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    edited June 2018
    The game even helped me to stop smoking cigar cause I was so hooked up and alcohol afterward in slow time and the I suddenly stopped playing my game tv console because I liked mcoc better

[Edited by Moderation]
    Post edited by Kabam Ahab on
  • I’m really glad to hear that you have gotten clean! My relationship with alcohol wasn’t the best for a while as well.

Out of curiosity - do you spend anything on the game?
    edited June 2018
    Wow you guys are AWESOME. Thanks for the kind words and support. The game is addicting but it's better than pumping poison in my body. My life is way better now. I do spend some money on the game here and there but nothing compared to the amount of money I was spending. I spend maybe $20 every 2 weeks unless there is a good deal. It's kinda cool some of us have had the same struggle and used this game to help us get better. Thank you guys again
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Definitely a better trade off. 7 and a half years here. Compared to how I used to live, I'd take this any day. Keep going buddy. It gets easier.
This discussion has been closed.