**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Node 38 + IMIW =bugged A broken champ for a broken node.

13»

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Really don't think you need a r4 5* to work, it's always helpful but I would think a Max 4* would work very well.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Romario26 wrote: »
    Killmonger doesn’t work cause you can’t attack him after a special to get true strike, I doubt captain america will work too lol maybe Karnak 😂

You're right. If players who place IMIW on node 38 don't have stand your ground many champs can solo him. If they do have stand your ground Hyperion and a duped Dr. Voodoo with an advanced power boost can still solo him.

You keep posting this in every thread. I keep posting you're wrong.

Stand your ground can trigger ONLY when the enemy is blocking, hence, during a heavy intercept with another heavy, CAN'T trigger. No matter what and what level the mastery is at.

SyG is totally irrelevant to the mechanics involved into heavy countering IMIW
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    That's 3..lol

Lol

The third was a last minute add
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Romario26 wrote: »
    Killmonger doesn’t work cause you can’t attack him after a special to get true strike, I doubt captain america will work too lol maybe Karnak 😂

You're right. If players who place IMIW on node 38 don't have stand your ground many champs can solo him. If they do have stand your ground Hyperion and a duped Dr. Voodoo with an advanced power boost can still solo him.

Stand your ground can trigger ONLY when the enemy is blocking, hence, during a heavy intercept with another heavy, CAN'T trigger. No matter what and what level the mastery is at.

I agree that he (probably) is confused. But on the off chance that he isn’t (I always love internet tough guys that claim things are easy for them without any proof), perhaps he is saying, the autoblock will parry the heavy? That is the only way what he is saying makes any kind of sense.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    [

@Vale84 You’ve ignored multiple posts that acknowledge I was mistaken. You quote posts that are days old when I’ve posted my SYG comment was proved to be wrong within the past 12 hours. You also ignore posts of my suggestions of champions that have been shown to be accurate, like Morningstar countering node 38 IMIW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cq3OymY860
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    SunnyLeaf wrote: »
    YoMoves wrote: »
    Passive armor IS NOT molecular armor this is a bug that needs to be fixed ASAP. He will still be a decent defender but at the moment this is a broken mechanic. It’s mid season and many people have him so this needs fixed ASAP

But IMIW's sheet says autoblock can trigger from 4 stacks of 'any' armor. So again. Not a bug.

When he is under 15% health, his autoblock can trigger from ONE of any armor. So again. U can do nothing with NODE38.

There are ways around that even on 38. The problem lies in the fact armors wont go down and will eventually pile up. And since node armors (for no reason) not only count for autoblock but even for critical resistance, the last 15% will take ages since your char wont ever crit, and will deal super low dmg on non crits. We re talking a r5 5* stark spiderman dealing 750 dmg on a heavy with 10 stacks of poise. Which is broken.

5 star Stark Spidey is not a good option vs IWIM on node 38
  • OMC_PintoOMC_Pinto Posts: 101
    DaMunk wrote: »
    If he's not duped a duped Iron Fist works great. If IMIF is duped iron fist works until 15% then your toast.. Electra seems to have some possibilities. But from what I've seen there's definitely a weird interaction on 38, at least from the screenshots being posted. DT is also right Crossbones seems to work better than anything else I've tried. Proxima will work well if you can keep her true accuracy up.. easier said than done though.

You can also use Void and Hype with the Heavy counter method...Hypes furies build up quickly and you want to try to land an L1, Void gets DOT from the intimidating presence debuffs. IMIW is not immune to either of those DOTs

Seriously guys, you have repeatedly claimed that no champ should be this overpowered. I guess that only applies to champs for attack? Iwim with node 38 is insane. True, he’s one of the best defenders on any node, but the interaction on node 38 is stupid. Aggression armor up should not count toward his 4 stacks for autoparry. If you want to count the base armor up and the explosive personality, fine. It still makes him ridiculous on that node, but at least you can remove those besides hitting him. But the aggression armor up just builds too fast and your only recourse, outside of having proxima or getting extremely lucky with being able to spam Karnak l1s, is heavy attacks. It’s just a dumb game mechanic interaction that should be fixed.