**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

God Blade but Nerfed SW/DS . No consistency

2»

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    Totally agree with the sentiment here. The whole reason for ds, sw, thor, bw and ronan?? Nerf was that they wanted players to use all champs not some champs.and all those people saying sw or ds or thor needed a nerf bcoz they were too op pre 12.0 are just kidding themselves. At least they were made as future proof champs and unlike others would have been still usable in aw and aqs. As for sw i know how much of op she was pre 12.0 but with these new nodes, crazy ai and a big list of bugs she would have been a much balanced champ as of right now. As for this post about blade i don't think he should be nerfed in any way bcoz who knows which types of stupid nodes comes in future

No, the removal of the leadership synergy which allowed for no damage block teams was to stop people from taking the same teams to everything in the game. And it was the right decision. The SW/Strange/Thor nerf was because they were breaking the game. Blade is not breaking the game. Still salty about the fact that they promised the nerfed champs would remain top champs, just closer to the pack, and have yet to make good on that promise with Strange. BW is also mostly useless now. But all the comparisons to Blade and SW are absurd.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    You talk about blade but nobody complain about stark this is what stark can do to Winter Soldierk8ydvzyg3cgq.png
    And nobody says he is overpowered Starlord can’t even do this.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    The nerfs didn't come about because they were seen as God Tier, or because too many people used them, or because they wanted people to use different Champs. People will always have preferred Champs, and there will most likely always be a large number of people using the popular list. Naturally, they likely want people to try their whole product and make as much use of it as possible, but that's separate and goes without saying.
    The changes came because they came to an impass with content. They couldn't create content under the old system that those Champs weren't able to cut through. As a Dev, when you lose control of your own product, that's design suicide. The fact that so many people used them was an earmark of the deeper reasons for the changes. Their Abilities coupled with multiplicative percentages and Synergies created a strength that literally couldn't be matched. The fundamental elements to any Champ are Health and Attack. All other Abilities center around them. Those Champs had Abilities that left no room to compete for any viable future content, and therefore no room for growth. Which is why it wasn't only the Champs that changed. It was the old percentage system as well.
    They are very cautious not to create that situation again, and the Champs now may be strong and may be "God Tier", but they're not unstoppable. They have balances, counters, and limits.
    There's always going to be a God Tier people scale. Popularity is not the reason they nerfed the old Champs. That's inevitable, and it also teaches them a great deal about what they put out. It's not likely they would try and abolish that IMO.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    1cjk9znzkwd3.png
    wtyzp0z5p5gy.png
    it71w34udbt9y.png

Again, people are saying kabam wanted ppl to use diff champs, but then they made Blade how he is..

He is the most used champ in the game right now in AW if you have him. This is every war, I’ll take pics of the next war.. like I said.. in three months there won’t be a single AW team without him.
    Everyone knows he’s god tier over everything. He’s ranked top in game.. he has a class advantage not only on science, but mystic.. then sprinkle in some villains lol. Danger sense counters everything, and when that fails he has some of the best regen in the game. Not to mention auto bleed on blocks... lol

My reason for this post was wanting kabam to be consistent. They told us they don’t want every team to be the same and use all same chars, they obviously failed that with blade. Now what?
  • Earth_Rick_c137Earth_Rick_c137 Posts: 147
    Wasn't the 12.0 nerf done under the old regime before Kabam got bought out? Might be new management saw how much backlash they got after that and decided to just continue to make new Champs stronger and buff old Champs to create balance.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    They just need to change his synergy. Probly instead of Spark and GR, make it Colossus and Kamala Khan.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Even with current state of the game blade is not the all you need champ. Back then, SW, or Ds was really all you needed to beat all the content in the game.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Blade is no where near the level pre 12.0 sw was on. Nothing could stop pre 12.0 sw.

Blade is better then pre 12.0 ds imo though.
  • StikyStiky Posts: 79
    Omg u guys really sucks blade is way over rated those who use him without he's synergy's are stupid and don't know how to play. For an example if I pulled him alone he's just a decent champ nothing more but when I grind like hell for straky and GR to complete he's synergys and see some dump people like u guys screaming about nerfing blade it makes me wanna slap the hell out of u. Blade is a pretty normal champ without he's synergy's if u did manage to get them than u deserve to use him to he's full extent. do u know how hard it's to pull starky and GR ???? It take years. If u crybabies want to cry about something here's a topic the new IW ironman he's way more puffed than blade will ever be and your here crying about blade probably because u don't have him and your a big fat whale who can't go along with the fact that he's so overrated and again I repeate he's nothing without he's synergy' and I wouldn't rank him up without them. an over powered champ doesn't need synergy to make him strong like that IW ironman but im sure I'll see u crying about him soon. One more thing people use him in AW to avoid getting k.o by magiks that's all what there's to him without he's synergys so maybe if people stopped putting the same champs over and over again he won't be needed but of course if in every AW you'll find 4-5 magiks why won't we bring blade I hope your brain grows up a bit
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Remember pre 12.0, everyone brought sw,ds, and thor for most of the AW's. I think that's what the OP is trying to say. But at the same time blade is nothing compared to pre 12.0 sw and thor.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    if they nerf blade then they , my constructive criticism, should fix the bugs the game once and FOR ALL. the fact that there are bugs from last year and beyond is a joke
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    No one is claiming that Blade is comparable to pre 12.0 ds or sw, so don't use that as the premise for your counterargument. OP is simply saying that much like how sw/ds/thor was the go-to team pre-12.0, blade/ss/gr is the go-to team now. This directly conflicts with Kabam's statements on how they didn't want certain champs to dominate everything.
  • Ronin916Ronin916 Posts: 85
    I still don't get why people continue to have this discussion. No one is forcing you to use Blade, GR, and Sparky, so why be concerned what teams other people are using? At that point it really does just seem like jealousy of not having those specific characters on your roster
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Unless they made all champs nearly identical, a handful of champs will always rise to the top as being better than other for certain modes. In AW, villians/mystics typically make up a lot of defenders and regen is a big perk... hence blade works well on a lot of fights. With time I expect stronger non villian/mystics will be introduced as defenders breaking up trinity teams, e.g. IM IW.

I agree with others though, unless you had SW / Thor / DS pre 12.0 and actually did various harder content with them and compared them to other champs for similar content, you really have no idea how great they were. My understanding is some of the initial clears of LOL were done with SW which led to the Dull effect being added for awhile. We moved to flat values probably at least partially due to crit synergy teams with SW. They limited armor breaking into the negatives due to Thor/BW. Content was constantly being made to counter those champs or things like block teams. When the games reaches that state is when you have a problem. Blade they counter with time by introducing mix of champs without villian/mystic. Mercenary and Thanos Army type tags may pop up more in future
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    Ronin916 wrote: »
    I still don't get why people continue to have this discussion. No one is forcing you to use Blade, GR, and Sparky, so why be concerned what teams other people are using? At that point it really does just seem like jealousy of not having those specific characters on your roster

because it allows them to dominate AW as a result of these trinity teams. but kabam nerfed SW and DS hard cause they didnt want to have like 2 or 3 champs dominate the game and now we are back to square one. not hard to understand that it unbalances AW a lot because of this.

with season 2 this affects rewards in the end.

so let us fight fire with fire!

constructive criticism : unnerf sw and ds so we can even the battlefield
  • Ruzzman1Ruzzman1 Posts: 49
    Cranmer00 wrote: »
    1cjk9znzkwd3.png
    wtyzp0z5p5gy.png
    t71w34udbt9y.png

These images are a little bit misleading though aren’t they , if you quickly scanned over the pics (like I did the first time) you would think it’s a normal battlegroup , but there are eleven members in the battlegroup and 3 of them seem to have exactly the same name as someone else .

• JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    They should at least nerf his prestige...
  • Ronin916Ronin916 Posts: 85
    Ronin916 wrote: »

because it allows them to dominate AW as a result of these trinity teams. but kabam nerfed SW and DS hard cause they didnt want to have like 2 or 3 champs dominate the game and now we are back to square one. not hard to understand that it unbalances AW a lot because of this.

with season 2 this affects rewards in the end.

so let us fight fire with fire!

constructive criticism : unnerf sw and ds so we can even the battlefield

Do you remember what AW was like before the Trinity? It was an AW map filled with mostly the same defenders, dominated by mystic champions. Having those defenders allowed people to dominate AW. Pretty much the exact thing you're criticizing the game for now.

I also don't think you realize how insanely powerful Scarlet Witch and Dr. Strange were before their nerfs. They dominated in every form of content, not just AW. Undoing their nerfs wouldn't be making the battlefield more even. It would just shift the unbalance elsewhere.
  • KBelgarion001KBelgarion001 Posts: 28
    They don’t need to nerf Blade, they need to come out with more awesome characters with unique abilities to combat the god tier ones. Like what they’re doing with IW Iron Man, he’ll be a great AW edition to defense, and I’m sure you’ll see everyone using him soon too. People choose champs they have to combat champs they’re facing. People will choose different ones if they’re up against diffident opponents. LC was recently revamped, and now he’s one of the more popular ones to use. We want Kabam to make better champs, not take down already good champs.

Side note: I don’t have Blade yet, but I’m not about to complain that people who do have him use him. It’s ignorant and childish.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    Ruzzman1 wrote: »
    Cranmer00 wrote: »
    1cjk9znzkwd3.png
    wtyzp0z5p5gy.png
    t71w34udbt9y.png

These images are a little bit misleading though aren’t they , if you quickly scanned over the pics (like I did the first time) you would think it’s a normal battlegroup , but there are eleven members in the battlegroup and 3 of them seem to have exactly the same name as someone else .

It’s not misleading, this is every war... I can SS every war we face it’s the same exact champs. There is no argument of DS/SW being better or not, what we’re saying is the reason they were nerfed is because of how unbalanced they are to the rest of the game and how every AW lineup is exactly the same..

In 3-4 months every single AW team will be Blade/Stark/GR.. they should fix this before the game of 100s of champs gets down to one champ and buffing him with 2 OP champ synergies.