**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: Infinity Nightmare

Comments

• Playing as Thanos would be amazing .
  • FabianaFabiana Posts: 1
    Dou a mais poderisa
  • quangquyen2801quangquyen2801 Posts: 3
    Something wrong!! I finished chapter 2 master and i just received the exploration rewards. Where are the completion rewards ?
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    It's very possible to beat with little to no items. Do several practice rounds and watch Seatins guide for him. Worst part was first Thanos war stone IMO.
  • PankubankuPankubanku Posts: 8
    What will happen to Infinity dust after event
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Pankubanku wrote: »

Whatever happens, it's likely to be less valuable than spending it in the store.
  • Batman_X10Batman_X10 Posts: 65
    Pankubanku wrote: »

Whatever happens, it's likely to be less valuable than spending it in the store.

"Snaps fingers after event end" Blows away into the air lol. Seriously though, Kabam stated recently in another forum post that it will just disappear, no turning into gold or anything else after the event ends.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    So after practicing for a while my conclusion was that doing uncollected with zero potions wasn't going to happen, but I got enough practice to believe I could do it with relatively few. The final team I used was AA 4/55, Iceman 4/55, Blade 4/55, Gwenpool 5/50, Scarlet Witch 5/50.

I started with AA and took two tries to get what I wanted: a good rhythm that got me past stage 1 and deep into stage 2. Just about when he went stun immune AA bit the dust, and I switched to Gwenpool. Gwenpool almost got me to the end but I made a mistake and she dropped. I tried with SW but got killed immediately, revived Gwenpool and got some good intercepts. Down goes Thanos #1 with one revive and no other potions.

I started Thanos #2 with Iceman due to bleed immunity. Although Iceman was slow, he could get in attacks without having to worry about bleed. I lost him to a bad Nightmare evade, then switched to Blade. Blade did well, I got good evades and made it to the final stage, got some decent hits in but lost him. Then it was just a case of using the strategy of attack immediately after the cut scene. My intercept skills mostly vanished: I got only a handful of intercepts in, and ended up reviving SW, then Gwenpool, then decided to stick with Gwenpool and revived her about four more times. I ended up using six revives and a bunch of health potions, all of which were going to expire in my stash anyway. Down goes Thanos #2.

Final tally: seven tier 2 revives, about thirty tier 1 and tier 2 potions that were just filling up stash anyway. Zero units spent.

Conclusion: Thanos is a much harder fight as designed than any previous uncollected boss, but the fact that you can practice on him also makes him a much easier boss to finally defeat if you actually practice on him and experiment with different teams. It took me less potions to fully complete uncollected Thanos than it did my first run of Guillotine last month, much less full explore.

Lessons learned:

1. Practice the fights on master before moving on to uncollected. in this case, master practice probably saved me literally hundreds of units of potions. Most important part of practice was learning to evade the standard special attack, and especially dodging nightmare comets.

2. Best strategy for dealing with reversed controls: parry Thanos after the cutscene, and then heavy him. Heavy lets you get in a solid attack and it isn't affected by control reversal. You don't have to deal with control reversal in your head to keep a rhythm.

3. Gwenpool is a really good champ for this fight when awakened, since she literally cannot die to a special attack. If you can intercept, you can survive a lot of special three attacks with her, and she deals a lot more damage than most of the Avengers you would use instead.

4. Learn the modes and practice observing the buff bar while fighting. The difference between a relatively easy run and one that goes south often comes down to whether you are attacking at the right time, not attacking at the right time, and remembering how the fight changes from step to step. Half my practice runs ended when I acted appropriate for one phase but it was actually a different phase. This is basically six fights in two opponents.

5. The best champs for someone else might not be the best champs for you. Practice, learn which champs you have the best skill and rhythm with, and use those.

6. Although I used them, 4/55 is not needed for this fight. For someone of my skill level, using 5/50s might have cost me a few more potions, but the most dangerous and difficult parts of the fights and also the most expensive were done basically with 5/50s - the two end stages. What you need there is decent damage, good intercept skills, and/or a stack of revives and the ability to attack quickly after the cut scene. Most valuable property: ability to survive special three attacks. Gwenpool did better as a non-avenger than SW did as an Avenger for me. With all the practice I put in, had I used 5/50 versions of my 5* champs, I would have still cleared this fight without spending units. I ain't the best player in the world, but two weeks of practice made me good enough.

Ultimately, my first impression was basically correct. It is a hard fight, but taking advantage of being able to practice, and also learning from other player's runs, makes this fight a very fun fight for players that want to figure out how to beat something and are willing to take many learning runs to figure it out and practice the specific skills required.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Good writeup.

What where the stats on Uncollected Thanos?
    phillgreen wrote: »
    Good writeup.

What where the stats on Uncollected Thanos?

I honestly don't remember, since I was practicing on him constantly the stats meant less to me than his health bar, and how far I could push it in the right direction. I will say that practicing with 5/50s on master and then switching to 4/55 for Uncollected meant that Uncollected only felt moderately harder and not a much larger step harder.

There are videos on youtube of people taking him down you could get the stats from, if that was something you were specifically interested in.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I was just curious, I still haven't beaten collector and don't have any 5* past R2 lol.

I did beat master Thanos with 5/50.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I was just curious, I still haven't beaten collector and don't have any 5* past R2 lol.

I did beat master Thanos with 5/50.

Get Uncollected! It makes it more fun!

• yep
  • yep
  • Rangers54Rangers54 Posts: 2
    Unit stripper is what the new quest is.
    Rangers54 wrote: »
    Unit stripper is what the new quest is.

Act 3 is a unit stripper if you try to push through it before you're ready.
  • Rangers54Rangers54 Posts: 2
    Your right
  • Mike100Mike100 Posts: 1
    Where's this new thanos
  • BobopopoBobopopo Posts: 4
    Does anyone knows when the infinity dust store and dark atrifacts crystals purchase will expire? I really gotta know this so my resources wont go to waste...
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Bobopopo wrote: »
    Does anyone knows when the infinity dust store and dark atrifacts crystals purchase will expire? I really gotta know this so my resources wont go to waste...
    There is a timer in the store.

• sezansezan Posts: 1
    I don't know
  • UberstrarkUberstrark Posts: 15
    Dear Marvel/Kabam

Since the last update my game causes my phone to overheat up to 52©
    the game freezes when it reaches more than 40© and drowns the battery extremely fast.

I have checked if the app really causes that overheating and the answer was yes,
    the new patch makes the game use over 60-70% of the processor

NOW i need to cool down my phone in the refrigirator to keep on playing.

Please fix this,
  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    bdawg923 wrote: »
    Are the normal and easy infinity dust amounts for completion or for exploration? Also is the energy usage reasonable this month?

Exploration, definitely.
  • KoekiemanKoekieman Posts: 1
    I want this champion
  • Hi
  • SharyzmanRyzSharyzmanRyz Posts: 14
    What
  • SharyzmanRyzSharyzmanRyz Posts: 14
    I want champion 5star
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Just got Uncollected on Thursday and I thought I would give Thanos a shot. Man I'm really tearing my hair out trying to get past Unstoppable War. Any tips on how to get used to him?
    Aaaaaand Thanos is now Broken. EVERYONE BEWARE. CHAOS STONE DOESNT WORK SINCE THE UPDATE. HITTING HIM NO LONGER REMOVES THE INVERTED CONTROLS.
    Aaaaaand Thanos is now Broken. EVERYONE BEWARE. CHAOS STONE DOESNT WORK SINCE THE UPDATE. HITTING HIM NO LONGER REMOVES THE INVERTED CONTROLS.