**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Luke cage

Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
So how does Luke cage work
His exhaustion debuffs reduce power gain effect rate by 25% but I've not seen it work despite stacking 7
Does it work only on Hyperion type buffs or does it work on all power gain effects like champions power gain from attacks and power gain nodes?

Comments

• Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Yeah it doesn’t work on power gain from taking hits, only power gain mechanics like buffs, MD, and I assume power steal buffs.

If I use him vs Dr Strange, I can completely stop him gaining power, but if I use it vs Hyperion he won’t gain energy from his buffs, but still will from getting hit.
  • Options
    @Cuteshelf thanks for the info bro
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    I have a question regarding LC. I have a 5 star LC at r3 unduped. And a 4 star r3 duped LC sig20. I'm impressed with all the abilities of LC. No doubt. But I feel that the 5 star unduped version takes a lot of damage. Even if I take block damage or parries with no actual hit, I find him losing a chunk of health. While my 4 star r3 duped LC, I don't find such issues with him. Also I know that dupe ability gives him that indestructible for couple of seconds which reactivates after some time depending on level of Sig. But does the dupe ability also gives him some kind of resistance which he doesn't have in unduped which is not mentioned anywhere? Because this is what is making me hesitate to r4 him. As there is no way of regen for him. Losing health in each fight without taking a hit makes me worry. The other champs on my questing team are better at handling such damage.
  • Options
    My lc is also a 5* unduped r3
    And he's great.
    I haven't noticed him taking extra damage from block than necessary
    What mode are u playing and who were u fighting
  • Options
    Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    I have a question regarding LC. I have a 5 star LC at r3 unduped. And a 4 star r3 duped LC sig20. I'm impressed with all the abilities of LC. No doubt. But I feel that the 5 star unduped version takes a lot of damage. Even if I take block damage or parries with no actual hit, I find him losing a chunk of health. While my 4 star r3 duped LC, I don't find such issues with him. Also I know that dupe ability gives him that indestructible for couple of seconds which reactivates after some time depending on level of Sig. But does the dupe ability also gives him some kind of resistance which he doesn't have in unduped which is not mentioned anywhere? Because this is what is making me hesitate to r4 him. As there is no way of regen for him. Losing health in each fight without taking a hit makes me worry. The other champs on my questing team are better at handling such damage.

Two thoghts:

1. LC has resistance against non critical hits.
    2. Your 4* r3 LC faces weaker fights than your 5* r3 LC and that makes a big difference.
  • Options
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    And he's great.

My normal questing team is 5 star r4 GR unduped, 4 star r5 maxed ice, hype, AA, quake and sparky. Recently got blade from arenas so he is maxed 4 star as well. All these champs I feel they do good in uncollected monthly events. In regards to the chip damage from blocks and parries. LC does a huge damage too but in comparison to the champs I mentioned he takes more damage. Just a general observation of mine. Also I felt 4 star r3 duped LC was doing better in this department. I had my concerns and hence tested the 4 star version and I found that 4 star version was actually better.
  • Options
    Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360

What quest and where were you using LC that he was taking that amount of damage? Maybe it was a node or champ ability of the opponent that made him lose health..I have a rank 4/55 duped LC and have never seen him take more damage than normal in quests, aq or aw..havent used him in Act 5 yet..
  • Options
    Philly3974 wrote: »

What quest and where were you using LC that he was taking that amount of damage? Maybe it was a node or champ ability of the opponent that made him lose health..I have a rank 4/55 duped LC and have never seen him take more damage than normal in quests, aq or aw..havent used him in Act 5 yet..

Tx for commenting. Yours is a duped version. I really feel that the dupe makes him better
  • Options
    Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360

Tx for commenting. Yours is a duped version. I really feel that the dupe makes him better

The only thing the dupe does is to become Industructable for 'x' amount of seconds and to be reactivated in 'x' amount of seconds, it has nothing to do with his health or amount of damage taken while blocking..
  • Options

The only thing the dupe does is to become Industructable for 'x' amount of seconds and to be reactivated in 'x' amount of seconds, it has nothing to do with his health or amount of damage taken while blocking..

Please read above messages. I know that already. Also I'm not a new gamer. The signature ability I know it. But in real life situations this is what I have seen. What is on paper, I'm not interested. If anyone with LC 5 star r3 or r4 unduped can read my problem and comment. Cos this is the only thing stopping me to take him to r4. Or maybe wait till he's duped to go to r4.
  • Options
    Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    And he's great.

My normal questing team is 5 star r4 GR unduped, 4 star r5 maxed ice, hype, AA, quake and sparky. Recently got blade from arenas so he is maxed 4 star as well. All these champs I feel they do good in uncollected monthly events. In regards to the chip damage from blocks and parries. LC does a huge damage too but in comparison to the champs I mentioned he takes more damage. Just a general observation of mine. Also I felt 4 star r3 duped LC was doing better in this department. I had my concerns and hence tested the 4 star version and I found that 4 star version was actually better.

Test both 4* LC and 5* LC against Winter Soldier in ROL. And then come back here and tell us if it is the case. A better test would be agaisnt Cross Bones as he does not get critical hits. Maybe some duels.
  • Options
    And he's great.

Test both 4* LC and 5* LC against Winter Soldier in ROL. And then come back here and tell us if it is the case. A better test would be agaisnt Cross Bones as he does not get critical hits. Maybe some duels.

I'll do that. Thanx for the comment. It was insightful.