**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

27k dark artifact worth 1 sig stone. That sucks.

At first I thought it was cool that we could grind for dark artifacts and get a new 5* once we hit 27k... but after getting a mordo to add to my duped mordo I think it sucks. 27k dark artifacts is equals 1 sig stone but it takes about 2-1/2 weeks to get it. I think that really sucks. Thanks Kabam. What do you think? Is it worth it or not?

Comments

• JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    let Me clarify... every crystal has someone that I already have but they also have champs that I do not. The fact that I get a champ that I already have after grinding for artifacts and I only get 1 sig for the dupe is what sucks.
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    To grind or not to grind is the question....Not worth your efforts? Don't. If you have nothing else to do then go for it.

You did realize that they are basic champs when you opened them, right? It says so in the description on the crystal. Its also stated here on the forums. Why are you complaining?
  • I got caught out too. I didn't understand the term basic champion. My fault. Won't be touching them again. Some iso would have at least been a sweetner on my 1 lvl on old balls loan.
  • And yes I agree it sucks.
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    it only sucks if you get a bad pull or bad awakening
  • JAQRIPPJAQRIPP Posts: 90
    I didn’t look at it like that. An awakening of a champ might be worth it. But the couple of weeks grinding for 1 sig still isn’t worth it IMO. Give us a little something to sweeten the pot KABAM!!!
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    edited May 2018
    Though it might be a little too late for that now since its almost over, i agree with you that these crystals should have given out normal champs, not basic champs.
    Some gold, iso and even some sig levels might not matter that much after days of grinding, but at least it's consolation in case you get the champs u want the least, rather than the emptiness of just 1 sig level.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    They gave you gold and a place to use infinity dust. You got more than just shards for a crystal. I awakened my juggs and old man Logan from those things but I don’t care too much. Sure I wanted hype, gr, gwenpool, or a lc dupe but that’s just not what I pulled
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    It sucks. That is what I foresaw when the announcement was made and that is exactly what I got when I opened my first dark artefact crystals. 1 sig stone. Stopped doing dungeons after that except when I am absolutely free and nothing else to do.

I stopped doing dungeons after day 2, having realised just how much time and effort was involved for so little return. I haven't regretted it once and won't care when they're gone.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    You open the crystal at a 1/10 chance to get the Champ that you want. If you dupe your Mordo then you just missed your shot. Yeah, it sucks, but that's just how the game works :/

1/10 chance is still the best chance we ever had at getting a specific champion that we want.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I completely agree with you op, I don’t know why they decided to be stingy about the sig levels and iso, that’s the only reason to make them basic champs, to lint those two resources, there were only max 3 available per person, no way it was gonna cause any imbalance, and the rule about one of each crystal for the whole time was bizarre as well. I may have had worse luck than you though, I duped my night crawler, making him a worse defender and off my war team now. and then today pulled she hulk.
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    It’s worth it when you get any new champ. Less if you awaken a poor champ.

But your right, it’s a kick if all you get is 1 sig. so all hat time wasted. I did enough for one 5*, not doing anymore.

Dungeons are not stable, always crashing and match ups with partners not suitable sometimes. Improve it or get rid of it.
  • Cap625Cap625 Posts: 6
    What a total waste of time. I spend all that time and then get a duplicate champ that has already been duped, he only gets 1 sig level and I get no shards and no ISO. So I basically spent all that time grinding dungeons to get 1 dang sig point for my 4* Winter Soldier. There should have been some thoughts given to people that end up getting absolutely NOTHING from our crystals. But I was told by Customer Support that it’s not their problem and they meant to do it that way. Great to hear Kabam. I’m glad your so Uber confident that people are going to just keep pumping their time and money into your game no matter how you treat them.
  • TrollllolllloTrollllollllo Posts: 113
    the sole purpose of those crystals was to be able to awaken one of your champs, not to earn you extra gold or iso.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Someone said somewhere that Kabam classes these Dark artifact crystals as ‘Free’ 5*. They took 30+ minutes everyday over a 2 week period.
    That’s Hardly free.
    Not sure what warrants as ‘enough effort’ to get a full 5*....

My other gripe about these crystals was the drop rates.
    The crystal description said “100% chance to get a 5*” .

It leads you to assume that it’s equal chance to get every champ in the crystal, yet in my entire alliance, the best champs pulled were a single Gwenpool and a single Ghost rider. The rest were groots, hulkbusters, Iron patriots and venoms.

Each member got atleast 1 crystal and around half (probably more) got a second. So out of 45~ crystals only 2 got a desirable champ.

Can we please have the drop rates of each individual champion displayed on future crystals like this please?

• Cap625Cap625 Posts: 6
    I totally feel like the hours I spent grinding the Dungeons were a total waste of my time. I spend all that time and then get a duplicate champ that has already been duped, he only gets 1 sig level and I get no shards and no ISO. So I basically spent all that time grinding dungeons to get 1 dang sig point for my 4* Winter Soldier. There should have been some thoughts given to people that end up getting absolutely NOTHING from our crystals. But I was told by Customer Support that it’s not their problem and they meant to do it that way. Great to hear Kabam. I’m glad your so Uber confident that people are going to just keep pumping their time and money into your game no matter how you treat them.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    I opened a nightmare crystal that had 8 really awesome options, 1 less awesome option, and one totally terrible world ending option. I was sure that i had a 9 out of 10 chance of being happy with what I got for all my hard work. I honestly wasn't surprised when I pulled that 1 crappy option instead of one of the other 9 that would have been great. Because it always seems that we get what we want the least, or don't need or have no use for in this game. Ive stopped believing that it's rng. Eng would have given me one of the 9 good options, instead of the 1 worthless pull. Rng Would get me random t4cc and t4cc frag pulls, instead of always the one I don't want EVERY SINGLE TIME, even when the one I want least changes, the one I always get suddenly changes. That's why I'm done paying for this game. I'll play free and just do the skill portion of the game and pay no mind to the "RNG" portion. I used to pay quite a bit, but paying for something that has proven time and time again to give the most guaranteed most worthless things, well that seems like a bad bet to me
    If you get a champ that you already have maxed, you get absolutely NOTHING for all your hard work. What a crock...
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    BUNGALNGAL wrote: »
    it only sucks if you get a bad pull or bad awakening

wow that's the case...for every crystal pull
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    And that is why I picked 2 of the 3 crystals in which I had no champs in it duped.
    Sure a GR awakening would’ve been awesome, but taking DD to sig 41, not so much and I had a feeling that is what would’ve happened.
    So instead I awakened Miles Morales and got a new Blue Cyc, also not what I wanted but atleast I read the announcement to know that it was just the same as pulling a basic champ from arena.
    In some cases, that is not possible for some of us. The best I could find was the nightmare crystal where 8 of the 10 I either didn't have or would have been a first time dupe, 1 champion I didn't have but kinda sucked(spider-Gwen), and 1 champ that I had duped at Sig 20 (Beast). Now I would have thought that with a 9 out of 10 chance at pulling at least a decent pull and only a 10% chance at pulling the one thing that would totally screw me, I naturally thought I'd be fine. And in any other "gambling" I would have been. In this case, the odds are always against the player, as evident from everything ive seen the past 2 yrs.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Someone said somewhere that Kabam classes these Dark artifact crystals as ‘Free’ 5*. They took 30+ minutes everyday over a 2 week period.
    That’s Hardly free.

It leads you to assume that it’s equal chance to get every champ in the crystal, yet in my entire alliance, the best champs pulled were a single Gwenpool and a single Ghost rider. The rest were groots, hulkbusters, Iron patriots and venoms.

Each member got atleast 1 crystal and around half (probably more) got a second. So out of 45~ crystals only 2 got a desirable champ.

Can we please have the drop rates of each individual champion displayed on future crystals like this please?

You’ve hit on a key element of consideration in this game most Summoners miss: time.

F2P is only accurate if you put no value on your time; free rewards are only free if you literally have nothing else to do. While I have invested a significant amount of time in this game since Dec 2014, I’ve come to realize how I value my time versus how this game values it. The two amounts aren’t close to being equal.

As for the drop rates, we can dream.

Dr. Zola

• Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    That’s Hardly free.

You’ve hit on a key element of consideration in this game most Summoners miss: time.

F2P is only accurate if you put no value on your time; free rewards are only free if you literally have nothing else to do. While I have invested a significant amount of time in this game since Dec 2014, I’ve come to realize how I value my time versus how this game values it. The two amounts aren’t close to being equal.

As for the drop rates, we can dream.

Dr. Zola

The drop rates are equal to pull all the champs. Kabam has said this every time.