**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Regarding New GDPR Compliance Pop-Up [Mod Edited Title for Clarity]

Josh056Josh056 Posts: 126
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
If I decline this new Privacy Notice will I not be allowed to play any longer?
0oxtrb2l87jx.png
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Same here, don't know if because of translation, but the message is not clear... Are we still able to play or not???
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    This what happens iepcxa0uh1tq.jpg
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    If we decline we cannot play
  • Josh056Josh056 Posts: 126
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Wolf
    Clarification please
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    I'd also like to know exactly what data is being collected... Not general statements like "behavioral data". This is quite sketchy.

The notice that appears when you decline sounds even scarier because it seems like it says it will delete you data after 30 days. In a normal world, I'd assume this meant the private data about me that I don't want you to have or to collect for ANY amount of time... But there is the part in parenthesis about "including your progress" zr8i8r6c0ma3.jpg
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,617 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I think if you decline, it means that Kabam won't use use your account data in their analysis of the overall nature of the game. It's like when you have to sign a form in school allowing for pictures of you to be posted, you still can go to school if you decline or not.

That's what I'm getting from this. @Kabam Miike maybe you would like to clarify a bit more.
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    Sorry to @ a mod but we definitely need some clarification on this one. Kinda scaring the hell out of everyone haha

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Ad0ra_
    DRTO wrote: »
    I think if you decline, it means that Kabam won't use use your account data in their analysis of the overall nature of the game. It's like when you have to sign a form in school allowing for pictures of you to be posted, you still can go to school if you decline or not.

That's what I'm getting from this. @Kabam Miike maybe you would like to clarify a bit more.

No if we decline it throws us out of the game
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    edited June 2018
    i85hay0uih0v.jpg
    You decline you cant enter till you change your mind lol
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    Here’s your answers. They can collect all your data. Which feeds their algorithms. If you don’t want to settle for that, quit.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,519 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    No notice on this? How could anyone take a look at the wording and think “Sure, no one could have any questions about this”?

Specifically, what data is being collected? What behavioral data is being collected? How is that data used? Is that data shared with anyone else? What are my options if I want that data deleted?

Just a few starter questions...

Dr. Zola
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    No notice on this? Did anyone take a look at the wording and think “Sure, no one could have any questions about this”?

Specifically, what data is being collected? What behavioral data is being collected? How is that data used? Is that data shared with anyone else? What are my options if I want that data deleted?

Dr. Zola

They were hoping we wouldnt ask those questions. haha. hey Kabam, shoot me a 5* AG or a bucket of gold and ill accept anything you want.
    I think its data collection to mostly prevent account sharing because it includes sharing our location and all so it would be helpful in that way other things i can't say much why they need so much data
    Only EU and UK users then? I’ve stopped my update until there’s a little more clarity.

Dr. Zola
    Hatshipuh wrote: »
    By the way that was already announced in the changelog, but guess noone read that:
    EU General Data Protection Regulation
    Added a new pop-up when booting up for users in the European Union and Great Britain to adhere to the new EU GDPR Guidelines and Regulations.
    But still we should be able to decline and continue using the service, it's not meant to force us to consent.

I don't live anywhere near Europe so why did it happen to me??
  • Pddp1369Pddp1369 Posts: 13
    It’s doing it for America too
  • HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    Akhilxcx wrote: »
    I don't live anywhere near Europe so why did it happen to me??

Because the internet has no borders lol.
    Also if you're not in EU, they don't need to ask for your consent, you consent automatically. So I'd rather be glad they are asking at all.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    No notice on this? How could anyone take a look at the wording and think “Sure, no one could have any questions about this”?

Dr. Zola

What they collect, is everything they need to entice you to spend. Examples may include the amount of cats you have in each class, so they know what you need (and therefore won’t get organically), champs you like to use, spending habits (what do you go for?), et cetera. Everything, basically. I don’t understand why anyone is surprised by this. They have been collecting this all along. That’s not a new thing. They are just forced to come out and admit it. Same as with the drop rates.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    no matter what, if you accept you get connection problem message :D
    borntohula wrote: »

Dr. Zola

What they collect, is everything they need to entice you to spend. Examples may include the amount of cats you have in each class, so they know what you need (and therefore won’t get organically), champs you like to use, spending habits (what do you go for?), et cetera. Everything, basically. I don’t understand why anyone is surprised by this. They have been collecting this all along. That’s not a new thing. They are just forced to come out and admit it. Same as with the drop rates.

Not really surprised at that. Just seems like a bad way to go about it all—I suppose they assume people just click on the OK tab like they do with most things. If I’m not even sure what I’m consenting to, wonder how effective that consent is?

Dr. Zola
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    they aren't collecting more data than they have been all along. They are collecting the same data as before, just that there are new regulations now so they have to get explicit consent. Over the last few weeks I have received countless "privacy policy update" things from all the tech companies I use such as godaddy, google, FB, amazon, paypal, etc etc.
  • HemiGoHardHemiGoHard Posts: 22
    I know you can ask Facebook for a copy of all data collected. Same should be for Kabam?y6iepmwisrqg.jpg
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    Hey All,

Sorry for the confusion here. This pop-up is in compliance with the new GDPR regulations, and should only be visible to Players in the UK and EU. We're getting the exact list of what is collected for you all, but to the best of my knowledge, the information that we do collect is required for us to be able to provide you with the game service, hence why it is required to be able to continue playing.

Hold on a little bit, and we'll get you the exact list of what we collect ASAP.

I’m in the US and I got this popup