**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Deadpool is Breaking the Bank!

Comments

• Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    @imaginejim just reposting my reply to your comment on the other thread.....

He is not gamebreaking contnet.....

People just want everything and will complain about everything....
    People wanted deadpool arena....
    They bought it back same as before but better... they added goldpool....
    People complain..... i dont get it
    Deadpool arena required a 3* deadpool before...
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Is Deadpool available for purchase of units
    Or we have to spend real money?

If it's for real money then it's not for all i guess because i don't have a card for payment but got enough units
  • Options
    SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    edited June 2018
    Maat1985 wrote: »

Because something happened before it doesn’t mean it SHOULD happen the same again. Making an ENTIRE event where Free to players have no chance in even entering is ridiculous. Not that I even would do Arena myself but this is just terrible decision making. I am sure combining this event in a way people that are F2P could enter was not that hard but Kabam decided they don’t care. Skill? Time investment? Non matters, pay to win it officially is.
  • Options
    SuperFarz wrote: »

Because something happened before it doesn’t mean it SHOULD happen the same again. Making an ENTIRE event where Free to players have no chance in even entering is ridiculous. Not that I even would do Arena myself but this is just terrible decision making. I am sure combining this event in a way people that are F2P could enter was not that hard but Kabam decided they don’t care. Skill? Time investment? Non matters, pay to win it officially is.

As i have said before and will say again....
    Many if not most games these days have content that is exclusive ti paying customers. And rightly so. Just as you can book an exclusive room or pay for vip servoce thos is the same. People who pay keep the game developers in a job. Those who play for free do not.

And pay to win would require that the content is game breaking and enables you to complete content easier or content that could not be completed without.
    This is an exclusive event that gives an exclusive champ that whilst different is no better than other god tier champs available to free palyers
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

F2P players have a chance. It’s called “buying the 3* Deadpool”. It’s your choice that you don’t wanna shell out $10, which, arguably, people spend more than that on a meal nowadays.

Tbh I’m glad it’s a buy-in event. Else we will just get self-entitled players saying there’s too much to do next month with EQ Merc Missions AQ AW and the likes.
  • Options
    I believe the gold crystals are worded wrong. @Kabam Miike can you clarify that they have only the golden ticket as a rare chance to get in to get a chance at 5* goldpool or is 5* goldpool also in the gold crystals as a rare chance?

It's both! They have a rare chance at awarding a Golden Ticket, and an even rarer chance at a 5-Star Goldpool as well!
  • Options

Many if not most games these days have content that is exclusive ti paying customers. And rightly so. Just as you can book an exclusive room or pay for vip servoce thos is the same. People who pay keep the game developers in a job. Those who play for free do not.

And pay to win would require that the content is game breaking and enables you to complete content easier or content that could not be completed without.
    This is an exclusive event that gives an exclusive champ that whilst different is no better than other god tier champs available to free palyers

Cool, so if other games do this, this should be OK? Good standard to follow. And most games I know that are succesfull actually don’t have this, but you know it better judging by your 10 reactions in this topic.They only have micro transactions in speeding upp stuff or getting X thing faster. Eventually as a F2P you get there but as a much slower pace. Nothing wrong with that. Saying your view over and over again doesn’t make you right.
  • Options
    mike867 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike Do the 3 & 4* DeadPool arenas follow the same brackets?

Sorry, I missed the question about Brackets earlier and will ask the team about it, but likely won't have an answer until the morning. Also, there is no 3-Star Deadpool Arena, he will be able to purchased for the same price as a Starlord's Lootbag.
  • Options
    PandamanPetePandamanPete Posts: 107
    Are we going to get a chance to buy 2* deadpool as well? I didn't pick him up when I first created my account, and now I'm somewhat of a 2* collector...
  • Options

Cool, so if other games do this, this should be OK? Good standard to follow. And most games I know that are succesfull actually don’t have this, but you know it better judging by your 10 reactions in this topic.They only have micro transactions in speeding upp stuff or getting X thing faster. Eventually as a F2P you get there but as a much slower pace. Nothing wrong with that. Saying your view over and over again doesn’t make you right.

Obviously the games you play are different....
    I play counterstrike whoch has loot boxes which award skins you can only get for $$$$$
    I plaid runescape which not only has things youmcan purchase individualy for $$$$ it has a Memebership with varying levels based on how much you pay per month. Top level gives you exclusive items.... heck half the world is locked from free players.....

Content available for $$$$$ is the way many many games are and have been before MCOC even existed....
    Saying it 100 times will not make it correct. The part where it is a fact makes it true.
  • Options
    IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    edited June 2018
    If i known this game would become so greedy in a 3 yr span i would never have even bothered with this...but like many i too have put in many countless hrs into arena to gain champs and grow the roster...hyperion was my last arena and played milestones ever since till only about 2 mons when i gave up playing arenas in total.

bottomline is i could walk away anytime as i found myself playing pubg mobile more then this game but i stay for my alliance who i grew close to over the 3 yr span and become like my second family all i do is EQ with AW.AQ....Act 5 havent done that in a long time lol
  • Options
    IanMoone89 wrote: »
    If i known this game would become so greedy in a 3 yr span i would never have even bothered with this...but like many i too have put in many countless hrs into arena to gain champs and grow the roster...hyperion was my last arena and played milestones ever since till only about 2 mons when i gave up playing arenas in total.

bottomline is i could walk away anytime as i found myself playing pubg mobile more then this game but i stay for my alliance who i grew close to over the 3 yr span and become like my second family all i do is EQ with AW.AQ....Act 5 havent done that in a long time lol

Lol pubg mobile..... lmao.....

Not the thread to pick on you bout that.... lol

There is alot of peeps that probably play for longer then they would have purely because of thier alliance....
  • Options

I play counterstrike whoch has loot boxes which award skins you can only get for $$$$$
    I plaid runescape which not only has things youmcan purchase individualy for $$$$ it has a Memebership with varying levels based on how much you pay per month. Top level gives you exclusive items.... heck half the world is locked from free players.....

Content available for $$$$$ is the way many many games are and have been before MCOC even existed....
    Saying it 100 times will not make it correct. The part where it is a fact makes it true.

If you want to compare pc games, let’s focus on the current big games. Paying by the way for skins is not pay to win so that’s a terrible comparison you just made. Skins give no advantage at all by having it. Top 3 most played games:LoL / PUBG/ Fortnite. All have 0 pay to win mechanics and bring money in by not catering to only whales. Go check which games brings more money in then come back to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

If you want to compare pc games, let’s focus on the current big games. Paying by the way for skins is not pay to win so that’s a terrible comparison you just made. Skins give no advantage at all by having it. Top 3 most played games:LoL / PUBG/ Fortnite. All have 0 pay to win mechanics and bring money in by not catering to only whales. Go check which games brings more money in then come back to me.

Straight up pating for deadpool arena is not paying to win..... it is paying to grind an arena to maybe get a good champ....
    Not paying to get the best champ ever that will steamroll content....

Thats all that needs to be said....
    Deadpool is not gamebreaking...
    This is not pay to win.....
    It is pay to play a small section of content and get a reward.... (not a game breaking reward)

This game does not only cater to whales either.

deadpool is the only thing is this game that has been purchasble with only $$$$ everything else is available with in game units that can be earnt or simply just play to get them....
  • Options
    Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Are we going to get a chance to buy 2* deadpool as well? I didn't pick him up when I first created my account, and now I'm somewhat of a 2* collector...

Past Healing Factor arenas have had 2 and 3 star Deadpools as milestone awards.
  • Options

Straight up pating for deadpool arena is not paying to win..... it is paying to grind an arena to maybe get a good champ....

It is pay to play a small section of content and get a reward.... (not a game breaking reward)

deadpool is the only thing is this game that has been purchasble with only $$$$ everything else is available with in game units that can be earnt or simply just play to get them....

So you say the exact thing you just said 11 times before now as you lost your terrible comparison in games. IF you can’t participate in an event without PAYING money you can’t WIN anything. How is that not the definition of pay to win, no matter what the reward is? When deadpool 4* came out he was easily one of the best champs in game. Ofcourse his value is lower now. Unknown what the 5* will do but having a free REGEN champ is pretty good. Done discussing with a brick wall. Peace
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    qmidixpprhkb.jpeg

Finally!!! The arena I’ve been waiting for!!! Thanks Kabam! Looking forward to finally use up these greater boosts that have gathered dust...
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    2 tiny things/questions:
    1.: Is the 'Goldpool' is gonna be a reskinned OG Deadpool, if yes, won't be he too OP? You barely give chances to obtain the 4* - since yeah, his regen at full power is unmatchamble -, but those who pay (and they are already too overpowered with the newest champs [see crystal opening whale]) OR "lucky" can get him in 5*.
    OR
    Is he gonna be a plain champ like The Collector from that event quest, with no abilities?

2.: About those lucky ones (and this is not really a question). I can see those youtubers opening a bunch of gold crytals to get that Goldpool, and they still won't get him, but those lvl 40-45 players who barely started Act 4 are going to get him from (MAXIMUM) 10 crystals. How is it fair and how is it going to balance the game?
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,206 ★★★★★
    @Kabam miike I just wanted to know these new gold crystals will be costing 10 units each now will there only be a 5* version of the goldpool in that crystal or?
  • Options

So you say the exact thing you just said 11 times before now as you lost your terrible comparison in games. IF you can’t participate in an event without PAYING money you can’t WIN anything. How is that not the definition of pay to win, no matter what the reward is? When deadpool 4* came out he was easily one of the best champs in game. Ofcourse his value is lower now. Unknown what the 5* will do but having a free REGEN champ is pretty good. Done discussing with a brick wall. Peace

i did not lose any argument. there are many games that are structured in the way i said. yes you can state games that are not. but just because there are games that are not does not suddenly mean there are none that are.

there are many games that have paid content. there are games that dont. those that do have the paid content in many shapes and forms. the way this event has been done by kabam is no different to how many systems operate in many games.

this one event does not make the game pay to win...........
    you do not win the game by doing this event....
    you do not win the tools to win the game by doing this event.....

yes by doing this event you may win something....

but you in no way shape or form win the game or anything that makes it too easy to clear content therfore the game is not made pay to win by this.
    simple.
  • Options
    anyway this event cannot even entirely be described as pay to win anyway.....

pay to enter and compete yes.... but pay to win no....

pay to win implies that the people who pay the most will win......
    this is not the case..... the people that play the most will win......if i could play the arena for 72hrs straight i would win for sure without spending anything in the arena......

just to reiterate.
    PAY TO ENTER
    does NOt equal
    PAY TO WIN
  • Options
    OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Immortal wrote: »
    qmidixpprhkb.jpeg

Finally!!! The arena I’ve been waiting for!!! Thanks Kabam! Looking forward to finally use up these greater boosts that have gathered dust...

WOW! Most will be 3 stars lol
  • Options
    anyway this event cannot even entirely be described as pay to win anyway.....

pay to enter and compete yes.... but pay to win no....

pay to win implies that the people who pay the most will win......
    this is not the case..... the people that play the most will win......if i could play the arena for 72hrs straight i would win for sure without spending anything in the arena......

just to reiterate.
    PAY TO ENTER
    does not equal
    PAY TO WIN

well 72hours straight would be an understatement to some hahaha
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    I am confused..is it the OG Deadpool people are going crazy for???
  • Options
    MarvelBoyMarvelBoy Posts: 1
    Can't there be a free to play arena where only free to play players are allowed because the only way you're allowed for a 5 deadpool is to spend money then grind, then grind, then grind till you're blind. At least give us the free to play player a decent shot at this champion.
  • Options
    BlackFreQuencyBlackFreQuency Posts: 91
    edited June 2018
    new month is all about money.. u must be kidding me.. i don't like where this is going..
  • Options
    RoraRora Posts: 124
    We just need gold realm events every month.
  • Options
    YashbossYashboss Posts: 3
    But when I made new account while I can got 2*-3* Deadpool officer in store or anywhere so how I got ticket to go in healing factor arena🤔🤔🤔🤔