**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

v18.1 Discussion Thread

Comments

• VêNDëTTåVêNDëTTå Posts: 58
    I mean if this was blade 90% of the players would be mad... I don’t see how it’s any different
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    @Kabam Miike how is dormammu's exploit fix being implemented?
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hey Everybody,

I'm sorry to report that a moderator gave you incorrect information when this was first reported. We know how important it is for us to be sure that we are giving you the most accurate information that we possibly can.

This was a bug, and although it was a long standing one, it doesn't mean that we didn't have to fix it. Archangel’s Stun was not acting like every other stun in the game.

I have no problem with the stun being changed. However, it honestly isn't enough to simply acknowledge that prior information given was incorrect. Players need to know that the information they are being given is trustworthy, and we aren't talking about a typo. The moderators have zero knowledge about design intent except by asking the developers and passing that information along. Such an error should therefore never take place.

Kabam as a company must know at all times what information is being given to the players, and must correct errors when they are detected. It is not acceptable for Kabam representatives to make statements about gameplay Kabam cannot detect are in error. Mistakes happen. But there must be a way for Kabam to detect them and correct them. When this "bug" was determined to be a high priority bug, Kabam should have had a way to review all the information and discussions that had occurred about this issue prior to that point, if for no other reason than to be certain all the relevant information about the bug was known before the developers tackled it. During that review, the fact that the behavior was officially stated to be intended should have been detected at that time.

If no part of the bug fix process reviewed all the statements and reports made by the players and the subsequent responses made by the developers and/or moderators, how would you even know whether you actually fixed all elements of the problem? I don't think it is unreasonable for players to expect that Kabam itself as an organization knows at all time what it is collectively telling the players, and to expect that information to remain consistent. Mistakes happen, and changes happen, but in both cases the players should reasonably expect that they will be promptly informed.

Saying: "we've discovered that players were given incorrect information about the mechanics of Archangel's neurotoxin stun in the past, and unfortunately this behavior was not intended and is being changed" would not be perceived as fantastic, but it would be better than simply changing reality on the fly. And saying "we've discovered that a particular behavior that was originally intended has side effects that make it necessary to change the behavior" is also acceptable. Notice how much more generally understanding the community was about the Gwenpool change when it was simply straight up admitted that the behavior was originally intended but had to be changed due to an unforeseen exploit.

Kabam's position continue to be that transparency is important, but to be candid you're only acknowledging what we already know. We were given wrong information, and now we're being told something different. I'm not saying don't fix the bug and I'm certainly not asking for RDTs or any other compensation. I'm asking if Kabam believes that giving us accurate information is important, why does it seem to not matter at all when incorrect information is given? Shouldn't there be some acknowledgement that the process failed to do so in this case, and that means the process needs to be improved in a way to prevent it from happening in the future?

Get this man a award

• BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    DrZola wrote: »
    That noise you hear is wagons still being circled. Past experience suggests the approach will be to throw out a shiny object (new, better than average offer) and hold out for new content to distract. Then continue radio silence until any hue and cry over AA dies down.

I don’t care whether restitution is RDTs or not. But I do care about candor and competence. When suicides and 12.0 hit, Ad0ra at least tried hard to interact and level with the community. I didn’t often like what she had to say, but she had guts to step up and say it. I miss her for that.

Dr. Zola

Haha you and me both miss that back and forth with the moderators. Now, it's mostly silence with sporadic responses to questions
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Idelest I'm with you. I think RDs should be offered but I really don't get why this had to be fixed. It seems to me the best course of action after they realized it was a bug (how could that ever have been in question if it wasn't part of the design?) would be for them to shrug their collective shoulders and honor the statement made to the players that he is working as intended. Not all bugs need to be squashed. Drax can still hit Mordo through astral evade. That's clearly a bug. It's just not that big a deal.
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    @Kabam Miike

Hey dude, I've just noticed that Magik has been changed since 18.1 but I don't see an announcement about this anywhere? Please direct me to the relevant mod post if I'm wrong.

Thanks.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    So many changes not written in the 18.1 patch notes.

Why keep it in the dark Kabam?

What happened to your ‘transpaency’?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Since yesterdays update, Autofight doesn't stay on in story quests

I predict they won't fix this until the next update; at least 1 month.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    So lets see in one patch

Changed AA Neurotoxins completely (passive to debuff)
    Made it so Drax can't bypass mordo astral evade with his first medium
    Made it so sun spideys spider sense is now passive and not a buff.

And adjusted how magiks sp2 works so that she no longer can attain an ongoing power lock chain.

Oh best part only 1 of these things were in the patch notes. So much for Kabam transparency

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    There are a lot of bugs in the new update or a lot of sneaky character changes implemented in an attempt to avoid the same effluent storm that has occurred with AA.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    So lets see in one patch

Changed AA Neurotoxins completely (passive to debuff)
    Made it so Drax can't bypass mordo astral evade with his first medium
    Made it so sun spideys spider sense is now passive and not a buff.

And adjusted how magiks sp2 works so that she no longer can attain an ongoing power lock chain.

Oh best part only 1 of these things were in the patch notes. So much for Kabam transparency

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
    U Can scarp the Magik she works. Stil test in WS and he was pover luck the whol figth expet when im Got unluck the proz the pover luck.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I’ve been watching Magik videos this morning. Looks to me like she is working the way she used to, but I’d love to see any videos since 18.1 where she isn’t working normally.

Dr. Zola
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    So lets see in one patch

...Made it so Drax can't bypass mordo astral evade with his first medium.

Sorry, what?

Has this happened?
    The magik part is more from hear-say of other forums and in my allisnce
    So lets see in one patch

...Made it so Drax can't bypass mordo astral evade with his first medium.

Sorry, what?

Has this happened?

Add me on line and I can show you video I just made or try drax against a mordo.
    He evaded 3/3 Or 4/4 attempts
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    x1fk1nlkjj0j.png

Screenshot taking right from his spotlight. So you are fundamentally changing something that isn't a bug as he is advertised this way

This is getting lost in this thread. Please post on Reddit
    x1fk1nlkjj0j.png

Screenshot taking right from his spotlight. So you are fundamentally changing something that isn't a bug as he is advertised this way

This is getting lost in this thread. Please post on Reddit

I'm not on Reddit but I'm sure someone will post it on Reddit of hasn't happened yet
  • AbsimiliardAbsimiliard Posts: 31
    Jesus, Kabam is really pushing the limit with my (and the rest of the community's) patience. So you changed Black Spidey and Spider-Gwen to passive buffs, but not Nightcrawler's Sp1? Which is it and why? By making Black Spidey's a passive, you've crippled Mystics ability to nullify, which is basically what the entire class is known for.

On top of this, I could have sworn my opponent died to a Recoil off of an Sp3. This has never happened as far as I could remember. I know because I ran suicides for the longest time and typically was able to Sp3 with my Star Lord and suffer no penalty. Can anyone else confirm this or am I going crazy?
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I believe that we need a list of all the champions changed in this update. So far AA and Dormammu were notated in patch notes. Also I have seen Drax, Magic, and possibly blade were also changed.. Not sure what the end game is here... Trying to hurt the players? @Kabam Miike