**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Drax and mordo... after the recent update

Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
edited June 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
What did you do to Drax .... I really don’t have words to explain how frustrating it is.

https://youtu.be/M4elfdsDALA

Please don’t force us to update the game, let us decide we want to update or not. I am already losing Interest in this game.

Comments

• Al_AhadHKGNAl_AhadHKGN Posts: 126
    ?
  • WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    edited June 2018
    Noticed it too; drax medium not “bypassing” astral evade post update. Which is funny because somebody mentioned they didn’t think it was working yesterday (which it was) only to have it not working today… I don’t believe kabam ever stated that it was a bug so maybe THIS is a bug. Or… They just decided to take it away

Anybody know if the other double hit champs are bypassing it?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    I'm almost sure that the Drax medium (plus other certain heavies) vs astral evade have been reported as bugs and has been confirmed by mods as something that needed to be addressed but was difficult to do without potentially causing more issues.

Perhaps they have found a fix or it could be an extreme coincidence.

Not taking their side on this BTW, I'll leave that to the real trolls and sad sacks,
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Didn’t they concede this as a feature at one point cause EVERYONE loved it and doing so would devalue Drax as valuable counter and thereby nerf a MASSIVELY needed niche?
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    X23 heavy and AA heavy…?
  • X23 and AA heavy still bypass it. Drax was apparently singled out.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    This pattern - fix player beneficial issues, flat out ignore the more serious ones that cost us tons of units - is getting stale. Either fix both. Or none.
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    What the H... ??
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    Wow!!! Drax has never had that problem with mordo... woohoo getting kabamed again!
  • DerangedDeranged Posts: 8
    This is getting ridiculous, we should be getting champion specific rank down tickets for this.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Really glad I never took my drax to R4, now he’s just an average cosmic champ.
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    What?!!! This is a jawdrop nerf for me. So drax bypass mordo evade has been an exploit all along?
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    They did say they were keeping it and it was intentional, but like AA, and passive buffs, they may be changing the rules and just call this a bug to avoid fulfilling their promise of rank downs
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    It wasn't a bug. It was confirmed in the old forums that Drax's and other champs fast double hits would bypass astral evade. Myself and a lot of others that ranked up Drax did so based on that information.

Drax's change here is either a bug a or a Nerf.

Saying it should not bypass astral evade now is doubling back and rewriting history.

The changes in 18.1 amount to significant changes to champions.
    Ther hav say it is a bug.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    It wasn't a bug. It was confirmed in the old forums that Drax's and other champs fast double hits would bypass astral evade. Myself and a lot of others that ranked up Drax did so based on that information.

Saying it should not bypass astral evade now is doubling back and rewriting history.

Also significant changes that weren't mentioned in patch notes
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    I don't play competitively, and my t2a are very precious. Quite annoyed drax is my top champ, and I can't use him for this anymore. He's pretty much always in the lineup when going in blind or seeing mordo is in the mix.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »

Ther hav say it is a bug.

Initially they did mistakenly said it was. That's when it came to light that any quick double hit (Drax's medium, X23, Electra, ect) bypassed it.

• GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    To those saying it was a confirmed bug, Miike has named Drax as counter for Mordo due to the bypassing astral evade. He didn't make it sound like a bug...
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    To those saying it was a confirmed bug, Miike has named Drax as counter for Mordo due to the bypassing astral evade. He didn't make it sound like a bug...

Checkmate.
  • Volcanic45Volcanic45 Posts: 86
    @Kabam Miike insight would be nice on this
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    They'll probably just go "sorry that an employee gave wrong information, it really was a long standing bug"

They are making their own word worthless this way.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    This was one of the reasons I ranked drax and dropped dozens of stones in him the first place for last AQ. This is a nerf. No other way to see it.

There were questions about this before and it was confirmed that it was one of Draxes abilities......just like the AA thing.
    9gz8nnvnrtwi.gif

Oneplus 5, 8g ram, oxygen os 5.1.2 android 8.1.0
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Silent Mordo buff.
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Silent Mordo buff.

In another thread someone else claimed Mordo didn't astral evade for them. So I posted it here since this is bugs thread the proof that at least for me, he's either been modified or we have a bug...
    Nothing like bringing a champ (Drax) to AW before the update specifically to deal with a Mordo Mini Boss, just to have the update totally render the champ you brought useless against the mini boss you brought him for MID AW
This discussion has been closed.