**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Silent nerfs or fixes?

Comments

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    AA was a fix, and it was included in the Patch Notes. As for Drax and Magik, we don't know if any fix was pushed, but both cases were known bugs. Drax had speed that bypassed Astral, and Magik was bugged as well.

According to this:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/72994/drax-nerf-no-more-a-mordo-killer-astra-evade-now-gets-him#latest

There was no change to Drax. It was all our old devices that had lower frame rates which allowed Drax to get his second hit in...

So the fact that Mordo is firing off his blast faster then Drax can land his second hit has nothing to do with it.

The point is Drax wasn't intended to bypass it.

See the problem is they are saying that now, they said it in the past in the old forums, but then doubled back and decided it wasn't a bug because of how Drax, x23, and Electra's mechanics worked.

They are blaming the change on updated frame rates which should have no impact on the general mechanics of the game. Mordo is acting differently now breaking Drax and probably the others as well.

• batatobatato Posts: 30
    edited June 2018
    I Just don't Understand....

How Kabam announced this without providing details on 'fixes' 'nerfs' KNOWING this community is an educated community that PUMPS MONEY to the company and Expects more than Possible Disappointing news.

Someone in Kabam Staff must have had the fore-site to see what this information (possibly negative) provided will do to this community.

FYI if more people stop playing this game....so will I... the more players the more fun
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    @batato speak for yourself lol I haven’t spent a dime in well over 6 months. Since gold has been an issue what else is there really to spend your money on when your at the point of letting CCs expire 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Cosmic_Ray13Cosmic_Ray13 Posts: 302
    And this time when we get Rdt's We want our ISO-8 TOO! That really bugged me when they did it last time and you didn't get it :s
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Tempest wrote: »
    AA was a fix, and it was included in the Patch Notes. As for Drax and Magik, we don't know if any fix was pushed, but both cases were known bugs. Drax had speed that bypassed Astral, and Magik was bugged as well.

According to this:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/72994/drax-nerf-no-more-a-mordo-killer-astra-evade-now-gets-him#latest

There was no change to Drax. It was all our old devices that had lower frame rates which allowed Drax to get his second hit in...

So the fact that Mordo is firing off his blast faster then Drax can land his second hit has nothing to do with it.

No, the point is that there was no transparency. When they fix or update a champ, they should be telling us about it, not do it on the sly. Patch notes mentioned AA 'fix', but all of these other fixes were not mentioned. Community trust is eroding because of this. regardless of whether so and so is or is not bugged or should or should not be fixed, they need to communicate with the community.

This community is very vocal, and with good reason, many people spend their hard earned money in the game. Therefore, if their investments are affected, they are understandably upset. kabam is not helping this relationship with the community by not acknowledging these things. If we need to have a discussion about the validity, let's have a discussion... instead of just telling us off unapologetically or worse, not saying anything at all as it has been in this case.

The community is vocal, period. It leaves very little room for anything. When there's a bug, people complain. When they fix it, they complain. If something isn't mentioned, they complain. If something is worded differently, they complain. Pretty much no getting around it. All you can do is try your best and respond when it falls short. Fixing a bug is doing their job, regardless of the Patch Notes.

no
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Gladly I did not rank up these champs. It is my hope character specific rank down tickets can be created and distributed to those that did. Good luck.
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    My goodness y'all are going CRAZY. I mean my solution to Drax is simply learn to intercept most of the time. Most bosses in Event Quest and in general are Stun Immune. So I simply just learned to never parry and to only intercept. It (IN MY CASE) fixed a lot of errors (for example in dungeons where parry would sometimes not work), etc. I still use parry just because when I'm feeling lazy it saves me the hassle of concentrating and making the fights last less, but I'm heavily deciding if I wan't to just remove Parry from my Masteries and end up with Deep Wounds, Assassin, and Willpower.. For the future of the game, that might be the move...
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    There is nothing wrong with drax or magik. Go test the champs before posting and I doubt those are the reasons you would rank those champs anyway
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Ugh, whatever, just another stunt pulled by kabam that we need to adjust to. Doesn’t change the fact Mordo is going to bleed out from drax *Have a r4 161 sig drax btw*
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    100% Agree with the OP. These changes are a bit much and these are champs people spend a good amount of money or time for/on. I honestly do believe that at least 1 5* rdt is worth it. Class specific or not.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Turns out these were not intentional changes.. They just happened as part of other updates. Magik is going to be back to how she was. Let's move on, glad Kabam did the right thing.
  • Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    I have a 5/65 sig level 180 AA, & this change absolutely made him average. I went into LOL just to test him (I had LOL 100% complete over a year ago), & he is not the same. A champ that used to be a Super Ninja Assassin, now has average Joe status. In my honest opinion, this change was made to AA, because of the way he used to dominate multiple paths in AW. I'm so glad I retired from competitive game play back in Jan/Feb. Stuff like this is why I refuse to be in an alliance again...
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Kabam we need AA specific rank down tickets. I have a level 99 and would gladly derank him. At this point Psylocke is better than him 😂
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    AA is average now? I’ll trade you Agent Venom, Black Panther and Moon Knight for him.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I would . I want to max out Psylocke so I can keep stunning.
  • kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120
    Donn1 wrote: »
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/56769/#Comment_56769
    Hey guys,

Once again, we don't silently nerf characters. If you notice a change in a character that we haven't announced, it's likely a bug. We do our very best to make sure that every change we are made aware of is communicated out to all of you.

@Kabam Miike so, if what you said above still applies, all of these 'silent nerfs' people are talking about are 'likely bugs' and will be fixed soon?

Yes fixed soon, As it is affecting player base it will be sorted out with in end of next year(may be)
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    The frame rate thing seems kind of bogus. I have a brand new iphone 8 and never had this "frame rate issue with Drax" until the game update. Drax has always worked on Mordo without fail for me ever. Even on my old iphone 6 with choppy gameplay occasionally.

If this was true then wouldn't a frame rate change completely effect ALL other fighting mechanics and timing as well? Special recovery, combo timing, etc. Why is only Drax specifically effected by an overall frame rate adjustment to the entire game again?

If it was enough of a change to effect Drax' second hit and wasn't a change to Drax directly then it would effect a LOT more than this I would think.
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with drax or magik. Go test the champs before posting and I doubt those are the reasons you would rank those champs anyway

Actually I did test drax, I even posted the results in the bugs forum with the video of how Drax is now working.

Yes it was the reason I and at least 3 others in my alliance ranked Drax. We come across Mordo quite often on Mini boss nodes.
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★

According to this:

OK. So now let us know why Drax's been designed with a unique 6-hits combo and a special double first hit.

Gonna take a seat, a bag of pop-corn and enjoy your answer.
  • OxCOxC Posts: 57
    I get confused why people are shocked at this. It happens every update. For a company making as much money as they are, they can afford the best developers which leads me to believe these 'bugs' are not what people think they are - they are deliberate changes designed to catch people off guard and make them spend money.

Another example, today I have been trying to 100% uncollected Chapter 2. First level is fine, second I have done numerous runs with no issues. I am now trying to do the last few runs and I get to Corvus Glaive with all 5 champs, take 75-90% of his life with two champs and then the AI changes and he switches to being super aggressive. With the unblockable for 6 seconds at the start, he rushes me to the corner and then unleashes an unrelenting beating - it's ridiculous and I am not sure how I can avoid such a crazy lashing. On the odd occasion where I have survived this brutal beating, I get him down to 1% and he then does an SP2 and he dashes 1.5-2x the usual distance and it's unescapable!

Kabam is not in it for making an entertaining and fun game... they are peddling an addictive activity and squeezing every penny for it's broken, disheartened and disgruntled customers.

When Apple release iOS 12 it will be interesting to see how many users start limited their usage of this game for their own mental well-being.
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    Kabam forum PSA rap, circa 1985:

D is for the drama that this will cause. Before devs act they should think and pause.
    R is for the replies that just disappear. The reasoning behind this isn't clear.
    A is for the anger that several feel. Better communication would be ideal.
    X is for exactly what's going on? Please keep Drax big, green, and strong!
  • GrønnerGrønner Posts: 13
    @Kabam Miike care to comment?
  • NihungNihung Posts: 108
    Grønner wrote: »
    Howdy.

I am the happy owner of a 4/55 AA, a 4/55 Mephisto and a 4/55 Drax at sig 200. And a 5/65 Magik at sig 200.

I took Drax to rank 4, when I found out he would counter Mordo's astral evade. He has been working like that for as long as Mordo has been in the game.

I took AA to rank 4 because he could stun AW bosses, despite being stun immune(confimed by Mike previously, to be working as intended".

My magik also doesnt gain power from her l2, if my opponent has 0 power. This is also new.

I took my mephisto to rank 4, since he at the time was the perfect Medusa counter. We all know what happened with Meph.

So overall you have nerfed, fixed or whatever you call it, 4 out of my 5 rank4/rank5's.

Now, it is what it is, but I used alot of time, resources and obviously money to rank these champs, only to have worthless champs now.

Everytime the talk falls upon rankdown tickets, you tells us that you wont give any due to specific changes. But these are gamechanging.

Please do the right thing. Roll back your "fixes", or hand out a handfull of RDT and let people decide what to do with them.

Thanks for listening

I think Kabam are on precarious ground here.

If they lose players, it will be there own fault.

edited June 2018
    Nihung wrote: »
    Grønner wrote: »
    Howdy.

I am the happy owner of a 4/55 AA, a 4/55 Mephisto and a 4/55 Drax at sig 200. And a 5/65 Magik at sig 200.

I took Drax to rank 4, when I found out he would counter Mordo's astral evade. He has been working like that for as long as Mordo has been in the game.

I took AA to rank 4 because he could stun AW bosses, despite being stun immune(confimed by Mike previously, to be working as intended".

My magik also doesnt gain power from her l2, if my opponent has 0 power. This is also new.

I took my mephisto to rank 4, since he at the time was the perfect Medusa counter. We all know what happened with Meph.

So overall you have nerfed, fixed or whatever you call it, 4 out of my 5 rank4/rank5's.

Now, it is what it is, but I used alot of time, resources and obviously money to rank these champs, only to have worthless champs now.

Everytime the talk falls upon rankdown tickets, you tells us that you wont give any due to specific changes. But these are gamechanging.

Please do the right thing. Roll back your "fixes", or hand out a handfull of RDT and let people decide what to do with them.

Thanks for listening

I think Kabam are on precarious ground here.

If they lose players, it will be there own fault.

They will lose some I'm sure... I've been burnt out and close to done with it for a while... Most likely, because I do have much invested, will just simply stop spending.

I have a ticket for the deadpool arena because I bought a 3* deadpool a while a go. I would have put in a serious effort to grind for him, but now... meh... Not worth the investment.