**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rag Hulk Face Me if dexterity becomes passive?

MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Merely starting a discussion here since this is still in the speculation stage.

If Dex becomes passive then not only does Dorm become much less effective on defense but Rag Hulk’s job, his primary purpose, becomes moot.

Rag Hulk can only activate Face Me against what 3 champs? 4 I think if you count Mordo? And Starburst nodes. But Dorm is far and away the opponent who activates it the most, the easiest and for the longest duration. Gulk is a hard counter to Dorm. Make dex passive and this whole interaction is just wrecked.

I maxed Serum Science and have Gulk at r5. Yes he’s a great champ, I love him for more then just bludgeoning Dormammu, but at the end of the day that is his main purpose.

I’m curious to see how they “adjust” “alter” or “fix” dexterity and MD. I don’t just want a RDT because I love Gulk, not to mention the fallout for all the other players and their champs who will feel the ripples from this outcome. I’m sure they don’t simply want a RDT as an answer to the fix.

I would accept Gulk’s Face Me being activated from any DOT or passive debuff. *nudge, nudge*

I’m not ranting (at least not yet) I’ll wait to see how this plays out, but am curious to hear thoughts from fellow players.

I’ll add this: just make dexterity buff trigger MD when the buff expires, be it from contact with an opponent or if it’s removed somehow. But make the precision (dexterity) buff fixed until either of those conditions happen. Do not have the buff reactive and replace itself with every dexterity evade, that’s the root cause of this whole MD and Dex interaction.

-Capcommunist

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Doesn’t that help counter Magik’s limbo as well?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Hulk rags will def need fixing then, i took him to r4 due to dex fighting dorm in aw
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,977 ★★★★★
    Merely starting a discussion here since this is still in the speculation stage.

If Dex becomes passive then not only does Dorm become much less effective on defense but Rag Hulk’s job, his primary purpose, becomes moot.

Rag Hulk can only activate Face Me against what 3 champs? 4 I think if you count Mordo? And Starburst nodes. But Dorm is far and away the opponent who activates it the most, the easiest and for the longest duration. Gulk is a hard counter to Dorm. Make dex passive and this whole interaction is just wrecked.

I maxed Serum Science and have Gulk at r5. Yes he’s a great champ, I love him for more then just bludgeoning Dormammu, but at the end of the day that is his main purpose.

I’m curious to see how they “adjust” “alter” or “fix” dexterity and MD. I don’t just want a RDT because I love Gulk, not to mention the fallout for all the other players and their champs who will feel the ripples from this outcome. I’m sure they don’t simply want a RDT as an answer to the fix.

I would accept Gulk’s Face Me being activated from any DOT or passive debuff. *nudge, nudge*

I’m not ranting (at least not yet) I’ll wait to see how this plays out, but am curious to hear thoughts from fellow players.

I’ll add this: just make dexterity buff trigger MD when the buff expires, be it from contact with an opponent or if it’s removed somehow. But make the precision (dexterity) buff fixed until either of those conditions happen. Do not have the buff reactive and replace itself with every dexterity evade, that’s the root cause of this whole MD and Dex interaction.

-Capcommunist

Maybe wait until you know what the changes are before jumping to conclusions.
  • @Demonzfyre, I don't think it's a good idea to let changes happen that will likely be permanent before giving insightful suggestions.

@MarcusUnread, your post is appreciated, bro.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,977 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre, I don't think it's a good idea to let changes happen that will likely be permanent before giving insightful suggestions.

@MarcusUnread, your post is appreciated, bro.

Wow..... thats the whole point of beta testing.... but maybe you missed that.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,758 ★★★★★
    I would suggest waiting for the beta before starting to think of things like these ...
  • So people who didn't get chosen for the beta should just keep their fingers crossed and hope it goes well for them?
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    Dex does not need to become passive it just needs to not renew it self with every evade. It should not disappear until I hit my opponent and should not renew with every evade. This way it is balanced