**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Solution to the gold problem?

BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/73214/shifting-arena-milestones-reducing-the-cost-to-find-a-match#latest
There was a post in News and Announcements to change milestones so all the gold available is now in the first 3 milestones for the arenas (excluding catalyst arenas). What this means is that there’s still the same amount available, just for less points.

5* featured:
2 million points for 38,000 gold
4* featured:
650k points for 30,750 gold
4* Basic:
150k points for 23,000 gold

Costs for finding matches will also decrease. Overall a positive change. The post hints to more being done for gold shortages, any teases for what these will be?

Comments

• TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    I personally assume that this is a smart move for gold solutions.
  • Stara99Stara99 Posts: 423 ★★
    They did something positive for all the people whining. Can’t you just be happy 🙄
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Stara99 wrote: »
    They did something positive for all the people whining. Can’t you just be happy 🙄

If that’s aimed at me, could you let me know where I was complaining or otherwise implied I was unhappy.
    Did it sound like you or the comment below you @BitterSteel
    Did it sound like you or the comment below you @BitterSteel

The post below mine was happy too, I’m not sure who’s it was aimed at.
    I guess maybe I read it wrong when he said I personally assume.
    Thought it was condensending @BitterSteel
    I guess maybe I read it wrong when he said I personally assume.
    Thought it was condensending @BitterSteel

Fair enough, I read it as positive, perhaps I read it wrong.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    This will definitely help with the gold problem, but we’ll have to wait and see if it actually fixes it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Bahamut wrote: »
    This will definitely help with the gold problem, but we’ll have to wait and see if it actually fixes it.

I don't think this is intended to "fix" anything per se, it is intended to partially alleviate the issue some people are having with gold. The fact that they said they were working on a number of other things suggests to me their approach is not to directly fix the gold situation (fix is an odd word because it implies something is broken) but rather to add a number of different avenues to increase gold that hopefully will add enough gold sources to allow the players to decide for themselves how to best mitigate gold shortages.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Bahamut wrote: »

I don't think this is intended to "fix" anything per se, it is intended to partially alleviate the issue some people are having with gold. The fact that they said they were working on a number of other things suggests to me their approach is not to directly fix the gold situation (fix is an odd word because it implies something is broken) but rather to add a number of different avenues to increase gold that hopefully will add enough gold sources to allow the players to decide for themselves how to best mitigate gold shortages.

Yeah this is what I think the best solution is. Not give away free gold, but make gold more available if players want to work for it.