**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So No Love For Free2Play

2»

Comments

• Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Gotta disagree with you there OP. In the long run, spenders will always have an advantage over F2P players. Props to you and all for trying to stand up for F2P players, but there been a few things we can't get, we're already aware of it. That being said, there's no ad, there's no limit to how long you can play before you have to buy the game to continue, you don't have to buy the game before downloading and they're not stingy with in game currency as would other games. Seriously any F2P player can have as much unit as the next spender. It's either your time or your money. So they won't get Deadpool. Big deal?
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    BUNGALNGAL wrote: »
    kabam is a greedy company, you should know this by now if you played this game long enough.

@BUNGALNGAL name one profitable for-profit company out there that doesn't try and maximize their profits. This is literally how they stay in business and provide a product that you can either play completely for free or CHOOSE to spend. Please, if you can, develop a game, hire developers, pay for infrastructure and character rights and make it as fun and addictive as this with no intention of making any money and provide all of us with the link to download.

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Well I don't spend money my mates to check my account you see...since you wanna check my posts.....2nd why can't they have a DP arena fro people who don't spend money they sold 5* vision for 15000 units deadpool can go for a bit 10000...3rd you think the DP arena can slow down the domino arena haha these people pay to win they will spend and make sure they get her

Yes, they sold 5* vision for 15,000 units to anyone who bought the 100USD unit deal.
    So...no it wasn't f2p either.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Try walking into McDonald’s with a ham and cheese sandwich in a brown paper bag. Sit down in one of the booths and ask for a free drink. You will find that they show no love for their free to eat customers.
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    I'm free to play. Positively thinking, this new way would draw the pay to play into another arena, lower the cutoff in normal arena, hence, 5* or 4* feature arena will be easier to get. Might be not too bad at all.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Well I don't spend money my mates to check my account you see...since you wanna check my posts.....2nd why can't they have a DP arena fro people who don't spend money they sold 5* vision for 15000 units deadpool can go for a bit 10000...3rd you think the DP arena can slow down the domino arena haha these people pay to win they will spend and make sure they get her

Yes, they sold 5* vision for 15,000 units to anyone who bought the 100USD unit deal.

But they previously had 4* vision for only units....

P2P needs to have benifits or else nooone would spend. If noone spends there will be no game....

Seriously 3* and 4* deadpool and 5* og vision is literally the only thing is this game that has only ever been available for money.
    Even have a rare chance at 5* goldpool from crystals
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    ShadPrince wrote: »

But they previously had 4* vision for only units....

P2P needs to have benifits or else nooone would spend. If noone spends there will be no game....

Seriously 3* and 4* deadpool and 5* og vision is literally the only thing is this game that has only ever been available for money.
    Even have a rare chance at 5* goldpool from crystals

This. The game is made possible for F2P in part by spending. That's just the way it is. It's not completely free, and there are select aspects that must be purchased. They are rare.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    imaginejim wrote: »
    So everyone is getting hyped for deadpool but what I wanna know is what happens to the majority that is free to play

We catering to the spenders while we are stuck and can't expand out roster

That's seems fair

Actually, it does @TheBlackDefense . This game is truly free to play. No cost to download the game. No requirements to watch ads in the game like so many other games. In the end, the only way this company makes money is by people spending money on in-game things. Servers, developers, marketing, etc. costs money. There is no requirement to pay for anything in this game or sit through tedious advertisements. Yes, there is going to be content that is targeted at spending money because if you could do everything and get everything without spending money at the same rate as those that do like to spend money, the company would not make any money and there would be no game. Surely you have to understand this fact....

well said.

1. not getting that Deadpool will not HINDER your progression in anyway. is it gona stop u from being uncollected? is it gona stop you from beating act v? is it ruining how u play the game?

2. when the first 4* OG red Deadpool arena came out it was only available to people who bought 3* Deadpool. the 3* Deadpool was ORIGINALY a starter deal back in the day. Now it gives people a 2nd chance to get a Deadpool.

3. 4* red Deadpool was arena exclusive to people who bought and spent money 3* red Deadpool years ago!!!
    SO WHY ARE U EVEN PLAYING? this has been set in motion way before u even started playing by the looks of it. This is our 2nd Deadpool arena ever. imagine all the people who didn't buy the 3* Deadpool offer and decide they wana buy it now? ITS A CHOICE. there are also DOMINO arena AND basic arena still available for u.

4. imagine all people crying that didn't buy the starter 3* Deadpool. Kabam was generous to give people a 2nd chance to enter these arenas. People will feel mad at kabam for LOCKING them out from entering the arena because they didn't buy the 3* Deadpool the first week they started playing.

5. most people here who bash the game about it being pay2win/play NEED to know kabam is a business. This game would of been DEAD years ago if kabam was not making money in the game.

by all means u can be ftp, but u will be limited to a ftp speed progression.
    If theres people willing to spend more than you, why should that bother you?

people spend way more money on expensive things like high end luxury cars but does that bother you aswel? they pay 2 drive something expensive and does not having the money own a luxury car still stop u from point A to B
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    Gotta disagree with you there OP. In the long run, spenders will always have an advantage over F2P players. Props to you and all for trying to stand up for F2P players, but there been a few things we can't get, we're already aware of it. That being said, there's no ad, there's no limit to how long you can play before you have to buy the game to continue, you don't have to buy the game before downloading and they're not stingy with in game currency as would other games. Seriously any F2P player can have as much unit as the next spender. It's either your time or your money. So they won't get Deadpool. Big deal?

its cause he saw Deadpool 2 and not playing for long, he obviously wasn't playing mcoc when Deadpool 1 came out.
  • TheBlackDefenseTheBlackDefense Posts: 103
    I've been playing MCOC from almost day 1
    And I get you need to spenders to keep afloat
    But when I say no love for F2P I mean at least give us a chance a 1 day arena something
    And I get that people spent money on DP already but kabam could easily fix that boom 3* or 4* goldpool depending on which offer you purchased

And I know someone is gonna say their just gonna ask for goldpool later to that I say *insert insult here*
    I've been playing MCOC from almost day 1
    And I get you need to spenders to keep afloat
    But when I say no love for F2P I mean at least give us a chance a 1 day arena something
    And I get that people spent money on DP already but kabam could easily fix that boom 3* or 4* goldpool depending on which offer you purchased

And I know someone is gonna say their just gonna ask for goldpool later to that I say *insert insult here*

I'd like to look at a couple of things, along with what they mean.
    "...no love for F2P I mean..."
    I take F2P to be an acronym for "Free to Play", meaning that apart from the costs of charging your device and connecting to the internet, that the game itself is played without spending money, as the word "free" when used in relation to money means no money is spent.

"...could easily fix that boom 3* or 4* goldpool depending on which offer you purchased."
    "...depending on which offer you purchased."
    "...purchased."
    Now I'm taking purchased to mean bought, which is to say that money was involved in a transaction or a barter, where you as a player gave money to the game (or more specifically, the makers of the game ie. Kabam), in exchange for something which I assume would be the Deadpool offer (of which you infer that there are many, however to the best of my knowledge there is only one).

I think you can see what I'm trying to get at here.
    In all seriousness though
    Can't you just be grateful? Instead of always saying "why can't we have this" and "wow why does he get that" look at what you have and be grateful for it, yeah?
    You've been playing since day 1 right? You call yourself a f2p player, or at least not a whale, and good for you. That's perfectly fine.
    Now why don't you think about what you've been playing. This game was released December 2014. It's been over 3 years since it came out, and you've played it since. For free (kinda). Can't you just think about all the time that you've played and just be grateful for all the fun that it's given you? Instead you look at this, you whine that some people will have a shiny new golden toy all the while at your feet and all around you is a treasure that has been keeping you entertained for over 3 years. Look at the offer, say "Damn wow I'm glad someone is willing to fund this game," appreciate that, and keep enjoying this game which is free for every single person here, instead of looking at someone else's stuff which they are paying extra for, and wanting it for free.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry, OP. I understand that you want what you want when you want it.

But if you're truly free-to-play...man. This is the real world. No one is being mean or cruel. But sometimes, you just have to accept that if you're not paying anything to help keep the game afloat, then at some point, nothing is owed to you.

That's not being cruel or mean. That's just life, reality. There are going to be a ton of people, an absolute ton, of players who actually pay, who spend money and keep this game afloat, who aren't going to get a 4-star Deadpool or Goldpool, etc.

Again: I understand that people want what they want when they want it.

But do F2P players...at some point, do you truly think you should have access to every single thing in the game?

Every single thing?

That's just not realistic. I'm sorry. But it's not, and it shouldn't be.
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    ESF wrote: »
    I'm sorry, OP. I understand that you want what you want when you want it.

But if you're truly free-to-play...man. This is the real world. No one is being mean or cruel. But sometimes, you just have to accept that if you're not paying anything to help keep the game afloat, then at some point, nothing is owed to you.

That's not being cruel or mean. That's just life, reality. There are going to be a ton of people, an absolute ton, of players who actually pay, who spend money and keep this game afloat, who aren't going to get a 4-star Deadpool or Goldpool, etc.

Again: I understand that people want what they want when they want it.

But do F2P players...at some point, do you truly think you should have access to every single thing in the game?

Every single thing?

That's just not realistic. I'm sorry. But it's not, and it shouldn't be.

Agree. But the game maker should maintain the balance, because the majority is free to play. If they only focus on the p2p, and there're not many people in the game, it wouldn't fun anymore. So far so good, red Deadpool and old Vision are not game-changer characters, pay players are happy to have them, but f2p can access to Blade or Medusa in arena, that's all f2p like myself need.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Who cares? He's a trophy champ.

If they put Blade behind a paywall, then I could understand. But seriously, Deadpool? Come on man.
  • BUNGALNGALBUNGALNGAL Posts: 110
    imaginejim wrote: »
    BUNGALNGAL wrote: »
    kabam is a greedy company, you should know this by now if you played this game long enough.

@BUNGALNGAL name one profitable for-profit company out there that doesn't try and maximize their profits. This is literally how they stay in business and provide a product that you can either play completely for free or CHOOSE to spend. Please, if you can, develop a game, hire developers, pay for infrastructure and character rights and make it as fun and addictive as this with no intention of making any money and provide all of us with the link to download.
    maximizing profits is one thing, being greedy is another thing. Learn the difference.

Clash of Clans is a profitable game, its not run by a greedy company.
    how do i go free to play in real life?
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    I mean honestly, let them have their event. Seriously. Free to play isn't good for business. So let it be pay to play appreciation month. They keep this game going

Lol every month is pay to play appreciation month.

that's not true at all. there's never been content in the game as far as I can remember that was only pay to play. this event is for them. so play on. and stay out of the domino arena. :)
  • EccohawkEccohawk Posts: 9
    I don't understand why there's a giant argument here. F2P players can join the Deadpool arenas without paying. They can buy Pools gold crystals with units (earnable for free) and get a golden ticket to the arena (with luck on their side). So not only are they bringing back a highly coveted chance at DP, they're providing a F2P option for the very first time. everyone should be stoked. Also it looks like these arenas run all month long. So multiple chances to get into the top 200.