**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This is not what people wanted from the beta program

2»

Comments

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    However, the fact that it triggered things kinda falls in line with MD, as the buffet node works with buffs as does MD. No one has any idea of they're trying to address buffet and MD with it, or even what they're planning to do. Who knows, they could make MD even more powerful than it already is. But this beta test might produce other side effects.
  • AbsimiliardAbsimiliard Posts: 31
    I would say it's more of Kabam saying "we got ours, now we'll change it up." Same with 12.0, suicides, and willpower. After they made the money off it, they couldn't care less.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I have a rank 4 sig 80 Dormammu coupled with 5/5 MD and I would STILL like to see an end to the MD + dexterity BS that we have today. It's a broken mechanic that makes no sense, repeated evades should not refresh the buff - period. This is all we need, no beta test is necessary.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    @DTMelodicMetal I really hope I understand it right because I really hate when things are taken out of context. If it is, let me know.
    I think the beta test does work as a warning, because the beta test itself is not indicative that changes will be put in place. It could also have been that all the players complaints were being taking into consideration and being looked at as potential solutions within the confines of the game mechanics, which have been shown to be very complicated (as evidenced by Magik's l2 bug and the issue that required evade buffs to be turned into passive ones). I think the biggest problem is a lack of communication on the part of Kabam, if they had someone say "Great idea!! I'm sending this to the game developers, and we'll try and find a solution which works for everyone," then it'd probably be a different situation. Again, you can't assume that they did ignore all the feedback, and announcing that there is a beta test doesn't mean there will be changes. The fact that they even announced that it was happening, instead of, say involving the content creators in it and swearing them to secrecy seems to me like fair warning. Now all we can do is wait and let it play out.

Again, if I took anything out of context or misunderstood, please let me know and I'll try and fix it!

@ShadPrince You're good, it looks like we may have different opinions but you definitely did not take anything I said out of context. It turns out I gave incorrect information about when Kabam announced their beta test program, @Ad0ra_ detailed very clearly that the beta program would be addressing multiple areas of the game (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/30605/mcoc-beta-program-in-development#latest). My bad for that misconception.

I mentioned in other recent posts that until we find out what kinds of changes are being considered for dexterity and mystic dispersion it doesn't make sense to get upset. I'll summarize my last post to better explain the meaning behind what I said:

1st Paragraph - I was wrong, ignore this paragraph

2nd Paragraph - This partially ties in to where you said:
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    I think the biggest problem is a lack of communication on the part of Kabam, if they had someone say "Great idea!! I'm sending this to the game developers, and we'll try and find a solution which works for everyone," then it'd probably be a different situation. Again, you can't assume that they did ignore all the feedback, and announcing that there is a beta test doesn't mean there will be changes.

I agree with everything you said. The frustration I was trying to express here dealt with players facing AW defenders who benefited greatly from the current dexterity/mystic dispersion interaction with little to no counters for months. Here's a screenshot from a tier 1 Alliance War that was taken last September. This was before Blade had been released:

e6gfzooqh0b1.jpg

Archangel was the best counter for Magik and Mordo and Magik was close to if not the only counter for Dormammu. It also takes tremendous skill for players to use Magik to counter Dormammu main AW bosses.

3rd Paragraph - Also partially ties in to your comment, specifically where you mentioned Kabam's lack of communication with acknowledging player frustrations with dexterity and MD's interaction.

I'll close this response by giving additional details on what I meant about "changes are being considered without warning". @Kabam Miike recently explained how MCOC game changes take significant amount of times to plan. His example was that last month's Infinity Dungeons were conceptualized when The Collector still ran the contest. It would have made a lot more sense to me if Kabam had made some kind of announcement ahead of time informing the community that mastery changes were being considered for the beta program.

This is not another 12.0. However, anticipating large amounts of negative feedback from announcing any potential mastery changes being considered is common sense because most masteries affect every champion in the game.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    @ShadPrince I'd edit my last comment but don't want to risk it disappearing.

I'm all for removing the dexterity triggering MD every time it disappears without landing attacks if that's being considered, it just would have been nice to receive more of a heads up as opposed to players posting complaints about this for over a year. The longstanding silence on this situation being acknowledged contributed to players using rare rank up resources like T2ACs and T5BCs to improve their AW mystic defenders to better help their alliance in AW Season. For example, no one uses a 4/55 duped Juggernaut for end-game content, but he still does alright even at tier 1-3 AW on node 55.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    @DTMelodicMetal good to know that I understood! Yeah it's hard to see how Kabam is going to balance these changes considering a POTENTIAL nerf, and how they're going to compensate players for this.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    I was probably hoping the beta program might address old champs that are useless everywhere before messing with mastery mechanics that could be fixed overnight.

They didn't need a beta to make AA and Drax worse, no need to test to make sym spidey better to use while reducing effectiveness of nullify champs against him etc.

Turn off the refresh on dexterity so only the used buff triggers MD, do it today, then spend beta time on something actually useful.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I was probably hoping the beta program might address old champs that are useless everywhere before messing with mastery mechanics that could be fixed overnight.

They didn't need a beta to make AA and Drax worse, no need to test to make sym spidey better to use while reducing effectiveness of nullify champs against him etc.

Turn off the refresh on dexterity so only the used buff triggers MD, do it today, then spend beta time on something actually useful.

They didn't need a beta test to change AA and Drax because in the case of AA they were addressing a bug which doesn't require extensive testing across a wide range of player perspectives, and in the case of Drax because they didn't change anything.

Closed beta tests are not just about verifying the change made does what the developers intend. That only requires one tester. It is often used to test controversial changes or changes involved subjective judgment, for which getting feedback across a wide range of players is as important as mechanically testing the change. Everyone who thinks there's no need to beta test MD or Dexterity changes probably thinks everyone agrees what should be done and in what way. I an guarantee that's not the case. Just this thread and others like it demonstrate there are people who don't even believe changes are necessary, alongside players who believe changes are essential. That alone supports the usefulness of a closed beta test session.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    I would say it's more of Kabam saying "we got ours, now we'll change it up." Same with 12.0, suicides, and willpower. After they made the money off it, they couldn't care less.

This is no more no less the best answer. Monetization shifted onto autoblock, autoparry and Domino in a week or so. Unavoidable, randomly triggered one shot dmg is the new future. Either cope with it or do yourself a favor.