Champion Spotlight - Domino

Comments

• kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 93
    Constructive criticism - domino is a little too op/overpowered (for those that don't know) and she should be failed back a little like not dealing so much energy damage per proc of her lucky ability.

She right now will be so overpowered as an aw main boss or even mini boss and it would unbalance war in the game.

Please nerf her a little

Not nerf Bro v SHOULD SAY "FIX" HER
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 440 ★★★
    I'm surprised Kabam put 5* vision on sale before this champ was released, would make a small fortune from him now.

Good luck fighting her on for example poison node 37 in AW, off the top of my head there's maybe 5 champs that can kill her.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 2,207 ★★★★
    I’m guessing if you have the perfect block mastery and you fail to trigger the 1% perfect block chance, boom critical failure. Seriously this character’s design is worse than IMIW. Kabam I know you’re all for generating more sales but this character just feels like such a poor attempt at changing the meta. There are too many broad “gotchas” that are just plain dumb. If the chance to trigger something is <15%, it shouldn’t trigger critical failure.

That's exactly what I was thinking. All my champs should have a basic 4% Perfect Block. Does that mean every block has a 96% chance of triggering Domigeneration?
    Or does this only apply if the champion thrives has inherent perfect block capability?
    Miike?
  • SuiggSuigg Posts: 4
    the problem is that if critical failure is activated when it is blocked, it should only do you energy damage, it does not have to drop the block.

Or Captain America drops the block when he does not make a perfect one?
    (when fighting against any other champion)

I do not understand this logic of kabam
  • ImranImran Posts: 212
    I fought her on merc mission, one shot her with magic, she was 18K pi. Use r8 champ. Magic don't need to parry, only intercept.
  • CentraCentra Posts: 6
    Spen't 3000 units for ss.spent90000 5*shards and 5000units for blade.Spent4500 units for deeply gold I think I will not play this game is enough
  • OkamiKageOkamiKage Posts: 13
    Rotelly wrote: »
    • Opponents take 753 Energy Damage over 1.5 second(s) whenever their abilities have a chance to trigger but don’t. Potency decreases temporarily for consecutive triggers.

Please add developer notes, we need more info on her sig ability

I asked to get more information on her Sig Ability. Let me know if this helps:

Any time Domino's opponent has a chance to trigger an ability, but fails, they take a brief Damage over Time debuff. This does not stack, so if it happens in quick succession, it will renew, and not stack. For instance, Wolverine has X% chance to trigger a Regen on a critical hit. Any Critical Hit he makes that does not trigger a regen, will suffer from this Energy Damage Over Time debuff.

Does that clear things up?

Gladiator Hulk's attacks have a 5% chance to smash (95% chance to fail) but she never triggered her "cowardly" debuff on him.2zbnct4krk7w.gif
  • StormelfStormelf Posts: 3
    Why is AA's ability accuracy being affected by domino. I keep taking critical failure damage which should be impossible
  • GamerGamer Posts: 4,757 ★★★★
    Need fix ASAP. Or revmove the champ from the game to u hav fix she Not fair.
  • Themis_xwsthsThemis_xwsths Posts: 225
    edited June 2018
    I know that it is my fault for not understandimg how that ability works, but can someone please help me understand why i can parry her but not stun her? Which one of her abilities causes that? Because she almost never gets stunned after a parry even if I don't have the unlucky debuff on me. ..
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,689 ★★★★
    This game is fun when you can fight champs through skill. It’s becoming more difficult as you may be good at intercepting or evading difficult specials. But fighting this champ is just stupid because you can’t control how much damage you take. Using stark spidey against domino, I was taking a ton of damage auto evading. Baiting out special with the dexterity. This fight is pure luck. Compare this to antman or colossus. Your putting out a beta test for possible changes to dex and md? Why? I don’t know how many buff carnage posts I’ve seen on this forum. I haven’t seen anyone asking you to change these two masteries. Yet this is your focus. Making rng champs and changing things that don’t need changing.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,208 ★★★★★
    I know that it is my fault for not understandimg how that ability works, but can someone please help me understand why i can parry her but not stun her? Which one of her abilities causes that? Because she almost never gets stunned after a parry even if I don't have the unlucky debuff on me. ..

Apparently the 15% ability accuracy reduction! or one of a million bugs attached to Domino
  • TattooeddragonTattooeddragon Posts: 8
    I’m guessing if you have the perfect block mastery and you fail to trigger the 1% perfect block chance, boom critical failure. Seriously this character’s design is worse than IMIW. Kabam I know you’re all for generating more sales but this character just feels like such a poor attempt at changing the meta. There are too many broad “gotchas” that are just plain dumb. If the chance to trigger something is <15%, it shouldn’t trigger critical failure.

I feel her sig shouldn't occur on def abilities. Give her the ability to bypass party or evade. That's perfectly understandable. But her critical failures shouldn't proc. That's really where the OP comes in. The degen. Domino in no way has energy powers, so what is that even about? I realize my need is showing, so let's go with that. Shrug off (grazing) the bleeds cool, ability reduc on debuffs, sure. Her own evade chance, cool with that. All things you could expect from domino. Take away the degen and I almost feel like she would be appropriate. I unfortunately have only fought over noded 6* versions for reference, but she quite possibly the most insane champ right now. No one is good against her since she can ruin you because of your masteries and that's not fair.
    Secondly I have many friends (and myself) tell me that she is block breaking. 2-3 hit into a combo (if your parry failed or didnt time it to parry) she lands hits causing even more unfair damage. She is severely broken. I want her because its domino, but seriously fix her.
    Side note you now have the luck spec programmed. How about Longshot making it to the contest? Mojoworld can be it's own little event and everything.
  • TattooeddragonTattooeddragon Posts: 8
    Rotelly wrote: »
    • Opponents take 753 Energy Damage over 1.5 second(s) whenever their abilities have a chance to trigger but don’t. Potency decreases temporarily for consecutive triggers.

Please add developer notes, we need more info on her sig ability

I asked to get more information on her Sig Ability. Let me know if this helps:

Any time Domino's opponent has a chance to trigger an ability, but fails, they take a brief Damage over Time debuff. This does not stack, so if it happens in quick succession, it will renew, and not stack. For instance, Wolverine has X% chance to trigger a Regen on a critical hit. Any Critical Hit he makes that does not trigger a regen, will suffer from this Energy Damage Over Time debuff.

Does that clear things up?

It clears up that, that right there is insane. She get crit avoidance, so he might not regen anyway. She can reduce his ability to regen when she's hitting him more chances to stop him. All acceptable. But the degen. Take it out. It has no business being an ability. What did she do? Get a new super power? That's ridiculous. I made a regular post before I saw this. I ask you to reference the points I made there as well.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 257 ★★
    Am I the only one who noticed that the Domino in the Mercenary Adventures Master difficulty appears to have 100% AA reduction? I fought her with 6 champs (had to use a revive) and not a single parry worked, there's no way that's a really **** 15% RNG.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 447 ★★
    Last time something like this happened was with Willpower mastery, when ALL debuff reliant champs collected dust. Remember how awesome it was to use the likes of IF, antman and LC after they fixed WP? Yeah, this is that but way worse... But, hey... my 6* DPX is awesome now -- by virtue of having no abilities LOL! Yes, that's what its come to...
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 257 ★★
    Lol. I have been using RHulk against her but apparently him gaining heat charges is also a % chance... SMH.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,208 ★★★★★
    Am I the only one who noticed that the Domino in the Mercenary Adventures Master difficulty appears to have 100% AA reduction? I fought her with 6 champs (had to use a revive) and not a single parry worked, there's no way that's a really **** 15% RNG.

Yea, 15% cannot account for all or most of the parries to fail. Had a similar experience...
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 2,813 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Crystals go live in about 2 hours. What’s the status?

Should players rely on the guidance given here, or should they expect that a change/fix is coming?

Not being clever—this is pretty straightforward. I’m tagging @Kabam Miike here (even though we aren’t supposed to) because I’d like to avoid further outcry about champs being changed to the community’s detriment.

Dr. Zola
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    I am not sure I can imagine a way she will be killed on debuff immune node sub boss. If the immunity counts as a fail that is.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,842 ★★★★
    IMIW then this, I've been able to adapt to Ironman but this might be what forces me into a retirement alliance..if she's as bad as I'm concerned about then she's broken. Hope I'm wrong. You shouldn't just take damage fighting...it's like you gave her starburst which is bullcrap.
  • Mcord117Mcord117 Posts: 1,287 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    DaMunk wrote: »
    IMIW then this, I've been able to adapt to Ironman but this might be what forces me into a retirement alliance..if she's as bad as I'm concerned about then she's broken. Hope I'm wrong. You shouldn't just take damage fighting...it's like you gave her starburst which is bullcrap.

Starburst that not only heal blocks you but punishes you more for trying to heal
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 447 ★★
    Lol. I have been using RHulk against her but apparently him gaining heat charges is also a % chance... SMH.

Or its something else... Her signature proc needs a clear label ex: "Critical Failure: Heat Charge"
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 355 ★★
    This champ needs canned or redone completely 100% no question imo