**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Silent Spider-Man symbiote buff

Comments

• Supa420Supa420 Posts: 14
    I tried with my new acquired killmonger against all evaders and he didn’t have a problem. But that’s kabam way I guess, different bugs for different ppl at different times all the time
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Kabam please stop with all the explanations and excuses already and give us a rank down ticket
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    It always was passive, if it was a buff it could be nullified. The icon is changed thats all.
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Any compensation for champs affected????

Compensation for what? what champ got affected with this change, I swear ppl only want free stuff every time kabam does something….
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    So now evade champs will be much harder to fight if using mystics.....
  • ClaytonClayton Posts: 43
    Kabam is bunch of clowns excuse after excuse nerf after silent nerf, oh but wait they do extensive testing and would never do anything or make changes without letting the community know first which is usually a day or or two prior to the nerf
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    All I take from this is anytime a silent change has been implemented we will get, “Whoops, guess that slipped through the cracks. Our bad”.

I don’t buy it. This wasn’t even an extensive list of patch notes this round.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

I know there has been a lot of talk about "silent nerfs" and changes going around today. While some of them are bugs, or performance related, this one is an intentional change that did not make it into the patch notes.. We missed including this in the patch notes, and while we do make every effort to ensure that we tell you about every change before it goes live, this one did slip through the cracks. Nevertheless, we are sorry about not getting you this information before it went live.

When we made the change to True Strike to make it more effective against Auto-Block, we also updated the way evasion worked so True Strike would work against it. This change created a problem with anyone that tried to copy the Buff. The solution that we came up with was to make it a Passive Buff so that it could not be copied.

While this change may make a few Champions less effective against another small group of Champions in specific ways, on a larger level this change is a buff to underused Champions such as Spider-Man (Symbiote), Spider-Gwen, and Howard the Duck.

We apologize to everyone for the unintended omission of this change from the patch notes, and appreciate everyone that pointed this out to us! We have already discussed internal process changes that we will be making to better ensure that we don't have oversights like this again.

Wow, very disappointing. Being able to nullify evade buffs was something that benefits the players.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    TKal wrote: »
    Hey All,

I know there has been a lot of talk about "silent nerfs" and changes going around today. While some of them are bugs, or performance related, this one is an intentional change that did not make it into the patch notes.. We missed including this in the patch notes, and while we do make every effort to ensure that we tell you about every change before it goes live, this one did slip through the cracks. Nevertheless, we are sorry about not getting you this information before it went live.

When we made the change to True Strike to make it more effective against Auto-Block, we also updated the way evasion worked so True Strike would work against it. This change created a problem with anyone that tried to copy the Buff. The solution that we came up with was to make it a Passive Buff so that it could not be copied.

While this change may make a few Champions less effective against another small group of Champions in specific ways, on a larger level this change is a buff to underused Champions such as Spider-Man (Symbiote), Spider-Gwen, and Howard the Duck.

We apologize to everyone for the unintended omission of this change from the patch notes, and appreciate everyone that pointed this out to us! We have already discussed internal process changes that we will be making to better ensure that we don't have oversights like this again.

Traduction : « There is no such thing as silent nerfs, we just nerfed a bunch of champs and forgot to tell you about it, but really, no such things as silent nerfs »

If changing Sym Spidey's evade from active to passive is a nerf on all champs with nullify, then that makes the word "nerf" totally meaningless, because there is no change possible that can't be called a nerf to something. And if all possible changes are nerfs, then calling something a nerf says nothing at all.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    They say they don't do silent buffs or nerds,....

Nobody does nerds. They take care of themselves.

Come on dude really? Couldn't you understand it was written as buffs or nerfs? It was autocorrect issue. At least if you read the whole thing anyone could understand. I thought not to post again saying autocorrect issues but thanx to you I had to. Stay on topic please. Instead of pointing needless mistakes

It's called humor. Try it some time. Especially around here. It's needed with Kabam.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    "...few Champions less effective..."
    few? really? it's like 1/6 of all champs out there! the only way I see now to make it even is to trigger MD on passives
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Hey All,

So does this mean true strike is no longer effective against these passive evades??
  • HgjdoskmHgjdoskm Posts: 1
    Happy i
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    @Tasty_Yum_Yums it does work, he's just saying that when they first tried to implement it didn't exactly work. When they made it work, evasion stopped acting like a buff and so they turned it into a passive effect.
  • AbsimiliardAbsimiliard Posts: 31
    I'm still waiting on an answer for Nightcrawler. Any word on that @Kabam Miike?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Guys, they say they don't silently nerf/buff champs, they just sometimes don't tell us every time they nerf/buff champs. It's completely different.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Any compensation for champs affected????

Well for SSM it's a bit of a buff (can't be staggered or Nullified) although as his evade is now passive rather than active, there is a small cost as it'll mean he can't evade Punisher 2099's SP2; or Kingpin's heavy attack with Daredevil synergy.

For Ronan (who personally, I have ranked up to 5/50), there are more and more champions unaffected by his Signature ability, which is a shame.

Small suggestion for Ronan: he can turn armour Up buffs into armour breaks, but doesn't inflict this if you have no armour, or Armour Passives like IMIW. Similarly he can't turn Passive Fury into weakness. This isn't apparent from his Champion Bio:
    fetpc2yz4hep.png

Why not just give him a regular Armour Break? Or at least code it for him to be able to convert passive armour/passive Fury as well?

Pretty please?
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Can't wait to fight Sym Spiderman on unblockable L1 nodes.
    I am sure by the time I wait out the evade he'll just have another L1 to throw at me.

And the "We don't do silent nerfs, we just forget to tell you about them" is one of the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. :neutral:
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    djr17 wrote: »
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Anonymous wrote: »
    Hey All,

Howard the duck? Can I get some of what you’re smoking?

Howard triggers eveade when he uses sp3 against science champions

No wonder no one knew that one. Who has used/fought howard against a science and let the sp3 fire?

When you use sp3 against
    Cosmic – Fury Buff + Critical Hits ignore Armor
    Tech – Armor Up + Chance to Heal Block on Critical Hits
    Mutant – Regeneration + Chance to Armor Break on Critical Hits
    Skill – Precision Buff + Chance to Bleed on Critical Hits
    Science – Evasion buff + Chance to Poison on Critical Hits
    Mystic – Power Gain + Chance to Nullify on Critical Hits

@djr17
  • Batty_NumppoBatty_Numppo Posts: 288 ★★★
    I don’t think it’s right that this wasn’t announced, but I’m not up in arms about it. Even with the evade buff, SG and Cosmic Spidey aren’t difficult. And, in addition to making their evade vulnerable to true strike, I believe they should also be affected by ability accuracy reduction. If I’m not mistaken champs like Widow, GP and CB can reduce passive evades but had no effect on the “buff” evade. This is why I could stop NC’s standard evade with GP after 50 hits, but if he fired off a SP1 before I switched nodes he would be able to evade me still with his evade buff. Again, this is definitely a nerf to mystics, but a buff for many skill champs, I think.

Speaking of NC though, I have no idea why his SP1 evade wasn’t made passive.
    Hey All,

Miike, I think the programmers have let you down. Seriously, I don't think you're deliberately keeping this stuff from us; but whoever wrote the patch notes has just done a really bad job.

The reason I say this is that I've found another change, Miike. It's a synergy change, and can only be described as a buff. I don't see anyone being unhappy about it - Thor (Ragnarok) now has his 'Friend from Work' synergy with Hulk (Ragnarok) as well as the original Hulk:

n6xq3ixrl701.png

As you'll see, this doesn't appear on Thor (Ragnarok)'s archived spotlight:

f6hxkib7ya37.png

Clearly there are quite a few minor changes that have been missed from the initial patch notes; which has upset the Mcoc community; and put you the mods in a difficult position. Is there a plan to update the patch notes?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018

Miike, I think the programmers have let you down. Seriously, I don't think you're deliberately keeping this stuff from us; but whoever wrote the patch notes has just done a really bad job.

The reason I say this is that I've found another change, Miike. It's a synergy change, and can only be described as a buff. I don't see anyone being unhappy about it - Thor (Ragnarok) now has his 'Friend from Work' synergy with Hulk (Ragnarok) as well as the original Hulk:

I could be wrong but this synergy has been in place for a while.

• VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    This change is compete BS. Ghost riders fate seal and Damnation from sp3 are useless versus champs like Miles morales, Symbiote Spider-Man etc. This is a clear cut nerf to multiple champs.
    phillgreen wrote: »

I could be wrong but this synergy has been in place for a while.

The synergy existed for original Hulk before; not for Hulk (Ragnarok). Came as a bit of a surprise fighting Hulk (Ragnarok) in the arenas yesterday when he suddenly went Indestructible on me!

I've looked through the last five Changelogs, and can't see it mentioned; so it's clearly just been slipped in some time. I'm not unhappy about it at all; just surprised it's never been mentioned.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Still no word on how you're going to make up for this "little change"? Not so little when I run MD for when buffs expire. I have run MD for a long time, and now not only will SW, DV, DS and GR be affected, so will every other mystic champ. This is not a minor deal. Please don't treat it as such. Just because we have new content, it doesn't mean we'll forget about this kind of garbage.