**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So Carnage was OP before he was released that's why he is weak now, so what about.... Domino?

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »
    So apparently this is what happens when we ask for a defender that counters Blade. We get Iron Man IW and Domino who are blatantly over powered and have basically no counters. I’m hopping aboard the “Nerf Blade” train.

The game doesn't revolve around Blade. There will be other Champs that are highly useful, and there will be counters to him. That doesn't equate a nerf. No one said he would be the be-all-end-all for the duration of the game. There is no such thing as a Champ that cannot be matches in this game.
  • TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    So apparently this is what happens when we ask for a defender that counters Blade. We get Iron Man IW and Domino who are blatantly over powered and have basically no counters. I’m hopping aboard the “Nerf Blade” train.

The game doesn't revolve around Blade. There will be other Champs that are highly useful, and there will be counters to him. That doesn't equate a nerf. No one said he would be the be-all-end-all for the duration of the game. There is no such thing as a Champ that cannot be matches in this game.

Not actually true, wasn't that the reason for 12.0?

Thanks for pointing out that Autocorrect Fail. Lol.

As for the question, that's partly correct for 12.0, in a sense. It had to do with the Champs that couldn't be challenged, but also more to do with the impasse they came to in future content. They're taken steps to ensure that doesn't happen again.

As for the question, that's partly correct for 12.0, in a sense. It had to do with the Champs that couldn't be challenged, but also more to do with the impasse they came to in future content. They're taken steps to ensure that doesn't happen again.

I can agree that currently no champs are at the level of needing another 12.0 but 12.0 was definitely all because of champs, a 9 hit killer and a just tap to win champ was not the best for anyone

I can agree that currently no champs are at the level of needing another 12.0 but 12.0 was definitely all because of champs, a 9 hit killer and a just tap to win champ was not the best for anyone

Yes, the problem was highlighted by the Champs, but the real issue was not having control over their own content. That's a dangerous place for a Dev to be. They couldn't create anything more challenging. Hence the DR system. Champs now may be powerful in some ways, but they're always countered in some way, and more accute in their strengths.

Yes, the problem was highlighted by the Champs, but the real issue was not having control over their own content. That's a dangerous place for a Dev to be. They couldn't create anything more challenging. Hence the DR system. Champs now may be powerful in some ways, but they're always countered in some way, and more accute in their strengths.

I don't think it was a highlight it was a cause, from what i remember they started making nodes to counter her but failed and made every other champ significantly worse was the issue and that was caused by the creation and implementation of her abilities but as for the present diminishing returns has solved that even with domino because her degen is subject to it
    Well, somewhat. The Champs weren't the only cause. It was the Champs coupled with the Synergies and the old percentage-based system, but I get what you're saying.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited June 2018

The game revolves almost entirely around Blade. Or rather, the trinity. Even more so in AW. The gap between players that have and don’t have the trinity is huge. So much so, in fact, those who don’t have them, are by mutual agreement in our alliance, not even taking on the AW boss. After all, 90% of the time, Blade is the best option at a one shot. You subscribe to the flat Earth theory as well?

borntohula wrote: »

The game revolves almost entirely around Blade. Or rather, the trinity. Even more so in AW. The gap between players that have and don’t have the trinity is huge. So much so, in fact, those who don’t have them, are by mutual agreement in our alliance, not even taking on the AW boss. After all, 90% of the time, Blade is the best option at a one shot. You subscribe to the flat Earth theory as well?

Not completely true my alliance doesn't need to do that granted we aren't in the highest tier just tier 3 but all of us fight, i mostly use 4 stars and get on just fine and i don't have a blade but i have solo'd medusa minis that are 4/55 and 5/65 on debuff immune and i have cleared most content except for LoL and exploration of 5.3 and 5.4, just because a champ is your best option does not mean he cannot be lived without because at some point there will always be a character that is the best at that moment in time and that rings true for every game that is why almost every game especially fighting games have tier lists
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

Theres plenty of counters for imiw
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    I didn't say you can't progress without Blade/The Trinity, @TachyonShadow . But judging by the champs people bring into AW, I do think it's fair to say that trio dominates the game. So much so, in fact, that when you're up against an alliance that hit the (cough) RNG jackpot and/or has deep enough pockets, you know they'll blaze (blade?) through your painstakingly diversified defense. Even the trinity itself largely revolves around Blade. That is the champ most people prioritize. I see many players sticking in four star versions of GR and, to a lesser extent, Stark, as long as they can complete the trinity and boost their 5* Blade. For the record: I don't have Blade and I don't like Blade (doesn't have that Marvel feel to him, IMHO), so I can (and do) live without him. I solo my AW line most days (Gold 1, tier 4), including the sub boss. I also fully explored act V. But, still, I do think the game revolves around Blade, in that he dominates whatever is thrown at him.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Contest of noobs on node 38(correct me if I’m wrong) Ironman is near impossible without a circus glaive
    @borntohula Honestly without spiderman blade is worthless imo i recently got the 4 star and benched him indefinitely i prefer my gwenpool even tho i have spark and gr because bringing in 3 characters to help with at most one or two fights is pointless i have vision to cover tech and sw to cover mystic so the cost of blade to me is not worth it.....when he works yes he is amazing but the same can be said for hyperion if he procs his fury he will murder everything i much rather have a champ that relies on his own power so i can have counters to everything not just a few and even then there is a chance it wont do anything anyway
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    borntohula wrote: »

LOL, Morningstar boss? - LC, MS would be my first choice before blade
    Medusa boss? - MS, Killmonger, GR, Hyperion would be my first choice before blade
    Dorm Boss? - Magik (all day everyday), GHulk would be my first choice before blade
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    Contest of noobs on node 38(correct me if I’m wrong) Ironman is near impossible without a circus glaive
    Kobster84 wrote: »

not really, check the MCOC subreddit for info IMIW. there are other counters listed there and how to use them
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    If Critical failure makes Dexterity's primary Function Go away,This is BS
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    On the topic of counters maybe domino is supposed to counter sparky how she currently is? Maybe she's been designed to seal with 2/3 of the trinity. Since blade will always be unlucky with her sp1 and she eats away at sparky.
    Also if you include GR if any judgement fails guess what more damage taken.

I've beat her 3x in uncollected so far and can't say I've had much issue with her so far. But I can see what people are worried about as a defender
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    On the topic of counters maybe domino is supposed to counter sparky how she currently is? Maybe she's been designed to seal with 2/3 of the trinity. Since blade will always be unlucky with her sp1 and she eats away at sparky.
    Also if you include GR if any judgement fails guess what more damage taken.

I've beat her 3x in uncollected so far and can't say I've had much issue with her so far. But I can see what people are worried about as a defender

In uncollected she is easy cos of how hard we hit because of the way a certain node works right now
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    NERF DOMINO!
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Where the admins at??

giphy.gif
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    still, no offical response from Kabam....