**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is the Assassin Mastery working?

LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
I have assassin L4. Used to notice a significant jump in offense toward the end of fights. Don't notice it working anymore. Many times I think I'm about to end the fight but do less damage than expected and an additional combo or two is needed. Just wondering if assassin is working properly.

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    It is, to test it take a bleeder into a fight and notice the damage increase once they drop below 18%.
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    It works, but post 12.0 it is significantly less effective. Between the reduced damage output caused by Diminishing Returns, and then Challenger Rating, Assassin is much less effective against Boss Level opponents. You can still see the increased Bleed damage when it kicks in, but Assassin usefulness in boss killing has been nerfed.
    ViperKingV wrote: »
    It works, but post 12.0 it is significantly less effective. Between the reduced damage output caused by Diminishing Returns, and then Challenger Rating, Assassin is much less effective against Boss Level opponents. You can still see the increased Bleed damage when it kicks in, but Assassin usefulness in boss killing has been nerfed.
    Critical damage rating is the only damage modifier that would be reduced with diminishing returns and challenger rating. However now critical hits ignore significantly more armor than they did in the past so I don't think this statement rings true.
  • NyaleNyale Posts: 136
    It's definitely not a 50% atack increase at lvl 4 or 60% at lvl 5 so i let only 2 points in there and got glass cannon maxed
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Critical damage rating is the only damage modifier that would be reduced with diminishing returns and challenger rating. However now critical hits ignore significantly more armor than they did in the past so I don't think this statement rings true.

One of the major changes in 12.0 were the limits on modifiers to attack and health. So if Assassin is a percentage increase to your damage, then it is going to be based on a much smaller number. Ex a 5% attack synergy with crit damage synergy and a 20% attack boost yield a much lower damage amount than pre 12.0. I'm saying that 30% of that number is going to be a fraction of what it used to be.

One of the major changes in 12.0 were the limits on modifiers to attack and health. So if Assassin is a percentage increase to your damage, then it is going to be based on a much smaller number. Ex a 5% attack synergy with crit damage synergy and a 20% attack boost yield a much lower damage amount than pre 12.0. I'm saying that 30% of that number is going to be a fraction of what it used to be.
    So you have some comparison screenshots or is this what you believe?
    1) DR doesn't effect attack or health.
    2) A fraction like 97/100

So you have some comparison screenshots or is this what you believe?
    1) DR doesn't effect attack or health.
    2) A fraction like 97/100

Assassin has been nerfed Post 12.0. You don’t need a screen shot it’s logic. Post 12.0 attack modifiers dont scale as they used to. You will not see a significant difference in Damage in damage with a non critical hit. DR effects crit rate therefore it reduces the effectiveness of assassin.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    So you're saying assassin isn't worth being maxed out anymore
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Is it still worth maxing?

• GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 265
    Is it still worth maxing?

As all %based bonuses, also assassin is modified by the Diminishing Returns mechanics (see it here https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1094/diminishing-returns

in short: the stronger the enemy , the less benefits you have from masteries.
    IMHO rank 4 is the way to go