**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

There will be a time when...

There will be a time when this all won't make any sense.

1. As a player I can understand that the chronological aspect plays a huge role when it comes to character developing. I mean, as this is a mobile game with Marvel heroes, we expect the most iconic heroes to show up first as this is a way to attract new players. So, firstly Kabam released the most-wanted heroes: Hulk, Magneto, Wolverine, among many others. It made sense.

2. Well, after 3 amazing years we have this problem: "regular" heroes are much more powerful than the most powerful marvel characters. If our kids see marvel movies, probably they will like Magneto a lot as he is truly amazing. But if we let them play this game, it's more like: "play with Domino instead and leave Magneto alone".

Personally, I think that the game won't reflect marvel's universe if Kabam continues this way. It would be very nice if Kabam could continue to buff "older" characters. What do you guys think?

The Maestro

Comments

• JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Completely agree. I made a post similar to this a few months ago, but I don’t think I did a good job of explaining my point of view.

In any game like this there must be tiers, you can’t have all champs be the exact same power level. There should be some OP champs that everyone is dying for.

But (as you said) I wish they would stay true to marvel.

Dorm, Sentry, Phoenix, Mags, and a host of others have been completely disrespected.

Others like Starlord, gwenpool, etc who should be near the bottom are way overpowered.

I remember how excited I was the first time I pulled Phoenix because I was positive she had to have some game-breaking abilities...so much for that.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    New champs worse than what you have won't make you grind arena and buy crystals.
  • OnerednovemberOnerednovember Posts: 48
    phillgreen wrote: »
    New champs worse than what you have won't make you grind arena and buy crystals.

I'm not sure if they need to build new characters this way to continue feeding our appetite for the game. This is a nice game, we play it because it's both fun and competitive and it also absorbs one universe that we like: marvel's. The gameplay is amazing, specially when in comparison to other similar games. Most recently, the missions are pure genius and it really refreshed our spirits (I'll skip the bugs).

But, honestly, I feel that Kabam disrespects the baseline: the comics. I'm not saying that it's easy thing to balance all of it, but they need to be aware that if they continue this way, what I referred previously will come true really soon.

For me, the solution is to buff characters like Magneto, Phoenix or Dormammu (among some others). I believe that all players agree about updating some characters. It's just programming.

(BTW I don't have the 5* star version of these characters, I'm not asking for it just because I have all of them on my teams).
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    There will be a time when this all won't make any sense.

1. As a player I can understand that the chronological aspect plays a huge role when it comes to character developing. I mean, as this is a mobile game with Marvel heroes, we expect the most iconic heroes to show up first as this is a way to attract new players. So, firstly Kabam released the most-wanted heroes: Hulk, Magneto, Wolverine, among many others. It made sense.

2. Well, after 3 amazing years we have this problem: "regular" heroes are much more powerful than the most powerful marvel characters. If our kids see marvel movies, probably they will like Magneto a lot as he is truly amazing. But if we let them play this game, it's more like: "play with Domino instead and leave Magneto alone".

Personally, I think that the game won't reflect marvel's universe if Kabam continues this way. It would be very nice if Kabam could continue to buff "older" characters. What do you guys think?

The Maestro

I think the first time I really felt this way was when they introduced Gwenpool to the contest. At the time, she was so far ahead of all the skill champs (and most other champs, too) that it wasn't even funny. The fact that a character whose first appearance was a one-off variant cover made as a gag is vastly outperforming the famous champs that have been around for decades (Captain America, Spider-man, Hulk, Iron Man, etc.) made me really dislike the champ initially.

Something similar happened with Mordo. When he was released, people went BANANAS over the guy. Super high prestige and a great mystic defender? Why not? Ignore that fact that prior to the release of the Dr. Strange movie, many comic fans never even knew who he was, much less anything about him. But he was way more desirable than any of the core Marvel heroes. It just seemed weird.

Quake is better than Black Bolt?

The Hood is better than Dr. Strange?

Domino is better than Phoenix?

If you made these statements outside of the context of the game, comic fans would think you're crazy. Within the context of the game is a different story.

I wish the classic heroes in this game weren't rendered completely obsolete by the new champs.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    You nailed it man! Some kid pulls Iron Man and thinks he has hit the jackpot, just to be crushed by literally everything in this game. Only Hulk is in the same league (and he should actually be God-Tier).