**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Domino’s Luck

13»

Comments

• Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    I've fought her in Merc missions, and she was a pain. I found Quake pretty reliable.

Clearly you're looking at energy damage from all sorts of 'failed Abilities' which includes core mechanics like critical hits, blocks, etc. How about trying mystic champions with reliable abilities and high energy resistance?

I'm thinking Jane Foster and Dormammu, mostly.

Jane has high energy resistance, 100% chance to shock on specials, 'guaranteed' critical hits on stunned opponents, no buffs to 'fail'... Sure those 100% chances will drop to 85% and she'll take some damage, but she might be a pretty decent choice.

As for Dorm, you can MM the whole fight if you need to. Keep her power low; immune to bleed, doesn't inflict bleed, decent Energy resistance, especially with Synergies...

there is no 100% chanche with domino,, not even with chars supposed to have ability reduction not influenced by reduction. Also Parries, blocks, dexerity, chanche to shock on specials (reduced by 15%).

all of the above can trigger her degen, there is NO char able to bypass that, just a couple able to take less dmg.

Parry, dexerity, block are core commands of the game, by no means you should take dmg using them. It's just stupid.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    can a mod please confirm whether she is working as intended? I don't want to spend a ton of money on her only for them to 'fix' her later. Please confirm yes/ no and then whatever the answer is, we can continue the debate...
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I think they need to throw her in the trash can. Biggest money grab champ yet. Horrible ... absolutely horrible smdh.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    This is ridiculous to have a champ in the game with these types of abilities. Just fought her in the Merc Mission 17k 6*. Just to note my Karnak couldn’t even get his L1 off to get true strike all 4 times. He took the stupid energy damage instead. I mean really how is this even fair in the contest @Kabam Miike she has to be fixed or this is a wrecking ball in wars. The way this champ is laid out it’s pretty apparent she wasn’t tested in alliance war situations
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Just read the thread and she sounds awful. Haven’t fought her Uncollected yet, but sounds rough. Shouldn’t take damage no matter what you do.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Why are the mods so silent on this? Drop the spotlight and virtually walk away. Don’t the mods have anything to say here? Or is it classic ignore it, drop the champ, and who cares?
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Just killed the Uncollected Domino with Green Goblin. Killed her in like 24 hits, no fret.
  • DrainsDrains Posts: 158
    They will not address this until they milk the player base for her arena and crystals , why would they care if you use her for defense and force the other team to buy a victory
    Remember all champs are equal after 12.0 .
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    I just posted this in the sticky way above but I do believe this could be right on.

I believe it’s a marketing scheme to get people to buy lots of crystals. I’m sure she will get nerfed soon. Then they will try and make things right later for all the people that spent resources getting her. It’s a good ploy, let’s ramp this champ up exponentially for a couple days then draw her back in. Just a thought

It even got me to spend 300 unit’s lol
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Was just about to drop some units on her, but I feel like this is going to be "fixed" in 6 months and really piss me off. If they gave out RDTs when they 'adjusted' people, this wouldn't be so bad.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Tempest wrote: »
    can a mod please confirm whether she is working as intended? I don't want to spend a ton of money on her only for them to 'fix' her later. Please confirm yes/ no and then whatever the answer is, we can continue the debate...

Apparently it doesn't matter if they do confirm she's working as intended... Means nothing if they decide later that she isn't. Just ask AA
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    How does this work vs SW? If she procs power drain can it fail and can she take energy damage for not proccing any other debuff? Does Domino proc it against Abom? Will she destroy LoL because their 3% evade chance doesn't proc?
  • RobinfifthRobinfifth Posts: 56
    How does this work vs SW? If she procs power drain can it fail and can she take energy damage for not proccing any other debuff? Does Domino proc it against Abom? Will she destroy LoL because their 3% evade chance doesn't proc?
    Everything Sw does has a chance to proc something. You will critical fail yourself out of existence before you even have a chance to land a sp2.

• djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Robinfifth wrote: »
    Everything Sw does has a chance to proc something. You will critical fail yourself out of existence before you even have a chance to land a sp2.

Not entirely true. I took SW against her in an assignment and got to sp2 at least once (edit: to specifically test this). SW will proc 0-8 per crit, so you're not taking dot everytime she doesn't proc. just most times.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Destroy LoL? Hardly. Her sig seemingly isn’t doing nearly enough damage to make her stand out as a LoL candidate. Plus according to the team, she has diminishing returns on multiple activations. With a health pool of ~1.5M at the low end of the spectrum, I doubt her sig will even be felt.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★

Great vid. Well fought. I lol’d when you died.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    Hey everyone, just wanted to bring some extra information about Domino. Her first light attack, the second hit of her first medium attack, and the last part of her heavy attack are projectiles. So while you can still Parry these attacks to reduce their damage (except for her heavy), they don’t make contact, so you won’t be able to Stun her off of these attacks when you Parry. Apologies that this didn’t make it into her ability description. We’re working on getting this notated in her abilities.

On the topic of the reports of her breaking blocks, that is not an intentional part of her design and we are investigating this issue.

As for her activating critical failures off of masteries, this is an intentional part of her design, though we have passed along your feedback on this subject to the rest of the team.

In case someone didn't see this in the Domino Champion Spotlight thread.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    BigTime wrote: »

Great vid. Well fought. I lol’d when you died.

Same. I’m the second LOL. As to Domino’s mechanics; straight up horse manure. Zero skill equals zero fun equals zero game. Sure, some players will plough on regardless - Las Vegas didn’t succumb to math either - but that number will go down fast if this trend continues. At the very least, people need the illusion they can influence the outcome of a game. If you remove that factor, you remove the reason why people keep coming back.