**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please fix Beast [Under Investigation]

CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I have a sig 99 5/50 4* Beast and frequently when I launch my special 2 he does NOT enter acrobatic mode. This completely negates some of the most important abilities of the character. I have contacted support about this and they auto closed my ticket with no response. What is the status of this bug fix?
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    This happens when Beast tries to switch stances while in the middle of building a combo in his other form.

Should tack on that while in acrobatic form each tick in the combo counter counts as an expiring buff and triggers mystic dispersion.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Is that what's causing it? Thanks for the added details on this bug. I'll have to test that out a little more so I can at least try and work around it.

I haven't used him in war attack yet so I had no idea his combo meter triggered MD like that. Yikes. What a mess...
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @CammonRo. Sorry that you're seeing this issue with Beast's acrobatic mode. Can you let me know which opponents you've seen this against, and in which game modes? Even if the answer is everyone, can you let me know a specific time that you've seen it so I have the highest chance of reproducing it? Thanks!
    Thanks for the response @Kabam Wolf.

I've seen it happen against lots of opponents - I can't remember them all but I know it happens against Agent Venom for sure. Also saw it happen today vs. Punisher and Winter Soldier.

So far it seems totally random to me. I haven't pinpointed what causes it to work some times and not others. I tested Coat's theory of activating L2 during mid Freestyle combo but that didn't prevent it. In fact I tried it two times just now and Acrobat mode activated like it should.

It seems to happen frequently when I fight the boss in the Expert Proving Grounds. It also happened a lot while running the Mutant & Skill Expert quest.

Does that help?
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    It should be a hold block for 1 or 2 seconds to change stance
    edited June 2017
    To test this I fought Luke Cage in master mode of the monthly event quest 1.2 "Scourage of the Underworld". On my first attempt to replicate the bug (using what I posted earlier) it did happen however in with two later attempts it failed to cause the bug.

As a long time Beast user (Since release 5/50, AQ, AW, and questing) the only time I encounter this bug is when switching mid combo. However it doesn't happen 100% of the time as the recent tests showed.

*edit screenshot added, after using the 2nd special while in mid combo from freestyle stance.
    N9lSaLI.jpg
  • furymachine84furymachine84 Posts: 80
    I just got beast recently and then duped him. He will be my next r4. But yeah I agree, some abilities do not seems to trigger, some that supposed to be passive are not triggering that way & yes compared to other champs who can switch styles, certain abilities or what have you rather easily/quickly, i.e. Night Crawler, Quake & Crossbones... It's ridiculous what has to be done to access his different abilities. Everyone I know has said, they've never been able to get his recovery to work more than once or twice & some have had him since he was released.
    The regen can be tricky to utilize but I find him fun and challenging to play. However the bugs really do damage his utility. A hold block switch would definitely be nice especially since the trigger via specials often doesn't work. By the time you save up for another L2 often the fight is over and you miss out on the healing benefit entirely.
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    This seems to ONLY happen with an awakened Beast and it happens on both Android and IOS. Once he's not awakened it never happens and I've tested. Happens in all different fights in all different parts of the game (main story quest, arena, monthly quest, AQ, AW, etc). Doesn't matter what champ he's fighting.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Saiyan wrote: »
    This seems to ONLY happen with an awakened Beast and it happens on both Android and IOS. Once he's not awakened it never happens and I've tested. Happens in all different fights in all different parts of the game (main story quest, arena, monthly quest, AQ, AW, etc). Doesn't matter what champ he's fighting.

That would make sense considering the Awakened skill is what adds the combo meter.

I have only just recently started using him more regularly (R3 sig 40), but haven't gotten far enough into a fight to actually switch modes yet. With the shorter fights (typically arena or daily quests), you only need freestyle mode. I will try to duplicate the issue on my phone as well.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    @CammonRo I previously made a plea to Kabam to give beast a dash and hold block mechanic to switch his stances. I really do love beast and I think he could be a key part of my team in AW for power control, but I can't max him out until he gets a rework on his stance mechanic. Would really really love to see him have the Nightcrawler treatment

#Please #SaveBeast
    Excellent, thanks so much for the extra information everyone. I'm taking this to the team right now, and I'll reply here once I have an update for you.
    Thanks @Kabam Wolf. Please keep us posted.

@NMEONES yeah the dash back thing would be sweet but now you just have to be more strategic with him. I just want him to at least work like he's supposed to.

I actually think Beast is awesome. One of my faves. But whenever I hit L2 and there's no Acrobat mode I get really aggravated.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Any updates?
    Crickets...
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    I know the holidays were recent and 14.0 was just rolled out, but any updates on this yet?

Also, I think Beast would benefit greatly if his sp1 always swapped his fighting stance and sp2 always kept his fighting stance. So if you're in freestyle mode and you fire sp1, it takes you to acrobatic; if you're in acrobatic and you fire sp1, it takes you to freestyle.

As others have indicated, by the time you get to sp2 for acrobatic mode, the fight's almost over and there's no need for power management and very little chance that you'll get any regen. So it would make more sense to have control over your fighting stance much earlier, such as sp1.
    At this point I'd just like Beast to work like he's supposed to. Let's start with that.
  • StoyvensenStoyvensen Posts: 47
    I have this issue with beast all the time and it is very aggravating...it happens frequently. Use a sp2 and it doesn't trigger acrobatic form. Even worse it doesn't even stay in the freestyle form either. It's just no form so then I have to use another sp1 or sp2 to get back into a form. I've used sp2 and had no form...saved up for another sp2 only to still have no form. Please fix this.
  • VladTapesVladTapes Posts: 4
    https://streamable.com/hxf3p

You can see the bug in this sort video.
    Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of updates on this. The team is pretty sure they have a fix that will be ready for 14.1, but I will let you know if anything changes. Thanks for your patience on this one!
    @Kabam Wolf
    That's great news! Thanks for the update.
    Well it would seem that Beast is still broken sadly. Been a few times I've activated his L2 during a fight and did not enter Acrobatic mode which meant no combo counter/no regen.
    CammonRo wrote: »
    Well it would seem that Beast is still broken sadly. Been a few times I've activated his L2 during a fight and did not enter Acrobatic mode which meant no combo counter/no regen.

There a couple threads about the new bug, basically don't switch while the combo is in cool down (timer is counting down).
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    CammonRo wrote: »

There a couple threads about the new bug, basically don't switch while the combo is in cool down (timer is counting down).

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try.
    Any updates on this bug fix? Beast is complicated enough to use as it is without having to keep track of where you are in a combo cool down in the middle of fight.
  • Long time Beast user here. My favorite champion in the game, I use him for all functions. Needless to say it can be frustrating when in a boss fight you use a L2 to manage power and gain health and it doesn't work.

@Kabam Wolf I've started a log of my fights and will continue to do so over the weekend for when I'm using my specials and when the switch works or not. Will this be useful to get a fix? Is there any specific data you need collected? Or is this the way Beast is supposed to act not being able to properly change forms if you use a special during a timer cooldown?

Currently collecting:
    What quest I'm in
    Champion facing
    What form I'm starting in
    What Level special I use
    Whether or not a timer cooldown is active or not
    Whether or not the next form works

Willing to help out anyway I can to get Beast back to the champ he should be.

-BBB