**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Empty nodes in AQ and energy.

mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
Frankly, there's no reason for this. There's nothing but empty spaces ahead of me on both sides, but I'll have to waste energy and hours of my day moving through them.

Since the heavy grinders already spend hours and hours on the frivolous pursuit of trying to get a good pull or item, don't you think you can just give us this one? Couldn't you make these empty spaces no energy when it comes to situations like these?

Phase 3 is horrible. I am lane 2, usually and I'll be 2 hours behind the abomination at the top. Is this still necessary?

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Every step in every game mode (EQ, SQ, Daily's, AQ, AW) cost energy per step. AQ won't change.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    The point is that there's no fights or even nodes ahead to cross. What's the stupid reason for it to still be this way?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The Energy is calculated, like everything else. Some Paths will have moves without Nodes.
    But, wouldn't it be great if they just let those moves slide? It's absolutely pointless.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Wouldn't it be great if we could choose our own champs? If we could just run a quest once and get all the rank up materials we need? If we could buy a crystal for 100 gold that gives us 20x tier 6 class iso? Yeah, and then everything would be over and it'd be done. There'd be no challenge or hard work put into anything, and AQ is really indicative of that.

The reason why there are these empty nodes is because the energy is calculated for a group of 10 players (maybe less depending on which map) to be able to go through within 24 hours, and having 20 fights per AQ, which is what you might get if every node was a fight, is quite frankly ridiculous.

Basically the empty nodes are there to make a BG communicate and work together as a team to move through the map, use energy strategically so that they can piggyback off of each other and clear the nodes for each other, and to that they don't have to fight over and over and over again.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I love the AW paths with portals that is basically 4 energy, and 4 hours, between fights. It’s a great time. Fun and interactive!
    Wouldn't it be great if forum trolls wouldn't hijack threads with pointless drivel and hyperbole?

I still say, completely empty nodes once other players have passed ur space, should cost 0 energy. With different time zones and real life, not everyone can be up in the game the whole time. Just sucks to have some guys sleep after they finish their lanes in section 3 and I can't move up to the others until after 2 hours. It's just stupid.
    Ok, again. Can u tell me why this is necessary? 5w6ugememulx.jpg
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    @mydnight i dont know exactly wat you ar getting at with that pic????

as you are on 104 lingo179 will be able to move there for 0 energy......
    both you and lingo will need only 1 energy to get to dorm,......

and once one of you moves there the other will need 0.....

what exactly are you getting at???
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I don’t get what you’re getting at with this pic either. As long as everyone has joined alliance quest 4 hours into opening the map and uses all their energy before bed. When you wake up from a normal 6-8 hour sleep time. You’ll be done 2-3 hours before the timer is up.

Those empty nodes help with not having back to back to back to back to back to back fights
    Uh, no. It was 58 minutes for me to make it to the boss and Lingo like 1:38.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Lingo can move to you for free. Not sure how that one works. You have one free move to a Team Member.
    He later moved to me and another guy came and pushed to boss. Maybe your game works differently from mine.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Then lingo is lying to you, because he can 100% move over to your tile for free
    Ok, yes, move to me and then he has an hour or so to go to the boss....

Again, not the argument. Why can't we just go to the boss? No reason for it.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    You see empty nodes as a problem when the rest of us all can manage energy just fine. If you can’t handle the energy requirements as a team for certain maps you should drop lower.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Lazy??
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    he may have an hour to wait to move to the boss but if you have only half an hour, once you move he will be able to move straight away.
    therfore because you have only half an hour he will also have only half an hour. as long as you move to dorm.

you would see as once your mate pushed to the boss then all of you would have been able to move straight to the boss......
    The whole point is that if your teammate has passed or is on a node, then anyone can move to that node without using energy. So you're one node away from the boss with one and a half hours left, well even worst case scenario it takes 1 hour to get there and everyone gets a free ticket to where you are right now so you'll make it.
    Why can't you just move to the boss? Well, when I start I'm just one node away from the next fight, why don't I go there. Ooh I'm only a couple nodes from the next fight, why don't I go there? Oh look, another fight that's just oh lookie here I'm at the boss and it's been 2 hours.
    Again, like I said, the whole point is to be able to work together as a team and use the energy together to complete the map, which you seem to be doing fine.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    I agree with you mate. Simply because it would lower energy required to finish. Australia gets hit hard with energy we have to finish 8hrs before aq ends cause map opens at 5am no go to sleep and finish lane in the morning bit hey 30 min timers or less energy hurts other timezones so thanks for that kabam. Nothing I want to do more on a Saturday morning is get up before 5 to finish dorm because selfish team mates want to go see a movie or something.
    Yes, it was coming up on 2 am. Regardless of how the rest of these people on good time zones see it, since every other fight was finished on the map, wouldn't it just be nice to be able to move up with no energy?
    If every other fight on the map was finished, then every single person could move up to where you were, and someone would have at least 1 energy to get to the boss.