**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Deadpool Arena: The 72-hour Android Experiment

72 Hours of live Youtube grinding.565 grueling rounds of arena. 2 odins dropped. 20,034,543 points scored.

Will it be enough for top 200? Was it even possible for a Galaxy Note 8 android to achieve victory when Iphones have an alarming advantage? That's what I'm going to address and discuss here in this post. Making sure to put this up prior to the results being posted because this is a HUGE issue win or lose for me.

I'm starting this off with just some raw numbers. Be aware that I'm typing this live on my stream with 80+ viewers who have witnessed the discrepancy in Android/Iphone Loading screens within the game. From the Iphone users watching me grind, my device had a roughly 8 second longer loading screen than the new I phone. That's 4 loading screens (32 sec) over 565 rounds of arena. 32 x 565 = 18,080 Seconds 18,080/60 = 303.3 Minutes 303.3/ 60 = 5.02 Hours.

Even though I dedicated 3 solid days to this "contest" - Iphone users have a 5 hour advantage in arena over my efforts. 5 more hours to use boosts, grind and get ahead of us who decided to go android. So, how are we on an even playing field? How does one that refuses to buy an Iphone just to play this game get a fair shot at these rare champions? Now, I'm aware of all the other factors - Skill level, Roster size, Boosts - Those are moot in this conversation. Why can't this game be optimized for Android devices they way it is for Iphone? Did I mention that I'm typing to a live audience? My live stream is still kicking and we had 3 days of feedback from fellow summoners grinding along with us sharing in the frustration.

Please address this issue with something other than "working as intended". I may not have the data on what % of your player base is android but 5 hours is a HUGE difference. That's only based off of how many rounds I played. Other summoners sent us screenshots of over 1080 rounds of arena played!!! Submitting a ticket in this instance, isn't going to happen. I have every waking, and sleeping second of the 72 grind documented on my youtube channel. Kabam - Mike and everyone else working hard to bring us MCOC. I love this game and the community that comes along with it - but this isn't alright. How can I compete in the contest of Iphones?

I would be happy to provide comments from fellow summoners, android and apple. I'm sure they will chime in. Screenshots of certain streaks can be provided as well. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE scrutinize the legitimacy of these top 200 scores in the Healing Factor arena.

Cheers,
LaFleur - Loyal Samsung customer, Odin Dropped, Youtuber, Nerd.

Side note-
There is a strange anomaly when I run MCOC sometimes. For about 30 minutes it runs super fast and snappy, the load times seem decreased and it feels like I'm optimized. 1% of the time though.

Comments

• benshbbenshb Posts: 792 ★★★★
    Very interested in this experiment! Looking forward to the results.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Kabam as addressed this issue saying they optimize the game the best they can for android but given the large difference and huge number of diffrent android devices they can only do so much compared to Apple devices. It's your choice what device brand you run tho. And honestly 5 hours doesn't sound that bad. I would of thought it would be more time lost.
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    God, i did 8mil for this arena
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    You are not a nerd because you know nothing about software, hardware or optimization. Maybe educate yourself first. It has nothing to do with number of devices, but framework and the overall control over HW/SW/OS that Apple has. Also, have you not heard of issues of touchwiz? Cmon, read an Anandtech or Ars Técnica article bro. You aren’t a need you are just a complainer
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    TL;DR it’s not Kabam.
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    God, i did 8mil for this arena

I only did 1.5 mil (wasnt going for champ only really was testing out and going for top 60% and the 1200 4* shards
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    I did a little over 12 million
  • Adamdrt2006Adamdrt2006 Posts: 429
    G0311 wrote: »
    I don’t know exactly whether Android is or isn’t optimised as well as apple, but have you considered that possibly Android Just isn’t as good as apple? It may not even be kabam who hasn’t optimised it
    This simply isn't the case, the specs for higher phones like the Galaxy s8 plus exceed the processing specs on all iPhones.

Specks arnt everything apple controles every aspect of iphone where as android is free to anybody that wants to slap parts together and call it a android phone not saying all android phones suck but they are not as regulated and have a higher variraty of devices/parts unlike iphone
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157
    I use a Samsung S8+ and I know what you are talking about with the 1% of the time it runs ridiculously smooth. I noticed it happens if I out the game into the background and then come back. The games animations are much smoother (feels like 60fps vs 30fps) and the loading times are significantly faster vs normal time.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    72 Hours of live Youtube grinding.565 grueling rounds of arena. 2 odins dropped. 20,034,543 points scored.

Will it be enough for top 200? Was it even possible for a Galaxy Note 8 android to achieve victory when Iphones have an alarming advantage? That's what I'm going to address and discuss here in this post. Making sure to put this up prior to the results being posted because this is a HUGE issue win or lose for me.

I'm starting this off with just some raw numbers. Be aware that I'm typing this live on my stream with 80+ viewers who have witnessed the discrepancy in Android/Iphone Loading screens within the game. From the Iphone users watching me grind, my device had a roughly 8 second longer loading screen than the new I phone. That's 4 loading screens (32 sec) over 565 rounds of arena. 32 x 565 = 18,080 Seconds 18,080/60 = 303.3 Minutes 303.3/ 60 = 5.02 Hours.

Even though I dedicated 3 solid days to this "contest" - Iphone users have a 5 hour advantage in arena over my efforts. 5 more hours to use boosts, grind and get ahead of us who decided to go android. So, how are we on an even playing field? How does one that refuses to buy an Iphone just to play this game get a fair shot at these rare champions? Now, I'm aware of all the other factors - Skill level, Roster size, Boosts - Those are moot in this conversation. Why can't this game be optimized for Android devices they way it is for Iphone? Did I mention that I'm typing to a live audience? My live stream is still kicking and we had 3 days of feedback from fellow summoners grinding along with us sharing in the frustration.

Please address this issue with something other than "working as intended". I may not have the data on what % of your player base is android but 5 hours is a HUGE difference. That's only based off of how many rounds I played. Other summoners sent us screenshots of over 1080 rounds of arena played!!! Submitting a ticket in this instance, isn't going to happen. I have every waking, and sleeping second of the 72 grind documented on my youtube channel. Kabam - Mike and everyone else working hard to bring us MCOC. I love this game and the community that comes along with it - but this isn't alright. How can I compete in the contest of Iphones?

I would be happy to provide comments from fellow summoners, android and apple. I'm sure they will chime in. Screenshots of certain streaks can be provided as well. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE scrutinize the legitimacy of these top 200 scores in the Healing Factor arena.

Cheers,

Side note-
    There is a strange anomaly when I run MCOC sometimes. For about 30 minutes it runs super fast and snappy, the load times seem decreased and it feels like I'm optimized. 1% of the time though.

Did you get him?
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★

Cheers,

Side note-

Did you get him?

He got rank 171

• AnimatronicstoAnimatronicsto Posts: 194
    edited June 2018
    It’s not Kabams fault that your Galaxy Note 8 isn’t as powerful as an iPhone X bro. Don’t complain to them about your phone not being up to par. Also, maybe you should just buy an iPhone as your next new phone?? Or I’d you can afford it now? Because it’s the phone company's fault for being lesser quality, not Kabam
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    I have a galaxy S7 and the game used to run better on my galaxy S4. Definitely notice the increase load times and the super long delay on arena help requests. I also have the "sometimes my game runs at 60 fps" thing.

The amount of time I sit on load screens is ridiculous. You end up looking at the load screen way longer than you spend fighting in most cases. It really does make arena grinds suck because you know no matter how good you are and how fast you can beat the fight you're still just going to spend soooooooo long just waiting. And waiting. And waiting.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Sorry, the simple fact is you have an inferior phone when compared to Apple products. Google will tell you this with minor research.

c691iklzakv7.jpeg
    q72bhb189i95.jpeg
    6vfr4gbmt3e5.jpeg
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    It’s not Kabams fault that your Galaxy Note 8 isn’t as powerful as an iPhone X bro. Don’t complain to them about your phone not being up to par. Also, maybe you should just buy an iPhone as your next new phone?? Or I’d you can afford it now? Because it’s the phone company's fault for being lesser quality, not Kabam

It actually is Kabam. They confirmed that the game was optimized in iOs devices, but not in android devices.
    They could optimize the game for everyone if it wasn't that hard to do so, since there are way more android phones than ios devices
  • CallmelaFleurCallmelaFleur Posts: 231
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Sorry, the simple fact is you have an inferior phone when compared to Apple products. Google will tell you this with minor research.

c691iklzakv7.jpeg
    q72bhb189i95.jpeg
    6vfr4gbmt3e5.jpeg

Pulled from an article which says the better phone overall is the Note 8. Having a loading screen time that is 200% longer doesn't add up to these graphics.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I use a Samsung S8+ and I know what you are talking about with the 1% of the time it runs ridiculously smooth. I noticed it happens if I out the game into the background and then come back. The games animations are much smoother (feels like 60fps vs 30fps) and the loading times are significantly faster vs normal time.

Loading times aren't faster though, but yes, the game runs a lot faster for sure during that period. Scrolling through menus and through the map, etc.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

c691iklzakv7.jpeg
    q72bhb189i95.jpeg
    6vfr4gbmt3e5.jpeg

Pulled from an article which says the better phone overall is the Note 8. Having a loading screen time that is 200% longer doesn't add up to these graphics.
    Maybe you can point me to where that was mentioned?

“However, neither Galaxy phone can touch the performance of the iPhone 8, and I expect them to trail Apple on the augmented-reality app front. ”
    https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-8-and-8-plus,review-4675.html
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    there is alot to optimizing a game for android.
    it is not just as simple as optimizing it to run on the OS.
    there are many changes each manufacturer make to the os specific to their devices.

also when a program is optimized it also need to be optimized to the hardware of the device. this is easy for apple as the devices are limited and all the same.

this is impossible for android as there are so many devices using different hardware configuration.
    totally impossible once you realise that Android OS is not optimized for each set of hardware just as windows is not optimized for pc.

have you ever noticed a new apppple pc boots and loads faster than a new windows PC??? even when spppecs of windows pc can be better....
    have you ever noticed that different pc games run optimally on AMD cards or Gforce video cards but never both?????

True and proper optimization can never happen whilst there is vastly different hardware at play.