**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Here's how to get synergies back into war, devs

jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
edited June 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
One of the mods stated they didn't want defender synergies to be a complete surprise to attackers because of what they can do to affect abilities, but Kabam wasn't sure how to address This. Well, guys, you already have a system in place for this sorta thing you can extend.

What happens if you place MODOK, Void, Sentry, Morningstar, Mephisto on defense? By their question mark icon, you sometimes see this guy: vwjtmt51xmml.jpg

I don't always see it, but I have every now and then. Maybe it only shows up if there is a charge active, like one added through a synergy!

So what's the way to show synergies? Add a similar icon to the champ, either on the small [ ? ] thumbnail in the map, or as part of the champ info - which is mostly hidden - available when selecting your attacker for a battle.

The icon can have additional info via color coding. For example, if the champ receives a boost from someone else (Stark receiving one from Green Goblin) make it blue. If they're receiving a synergy through their own pairings (Stark receiving a synergy from Vulture or Iron Man) then make the icon green. Is it a two-way synergy (Daredevil and Black Widow)? Make it purple. Does the champ benefit from two other defenders forming a global team synergy (entire team gains +6% health, etc)? Make it yellow. Do they have all they all three, or some other combination of potential synergy scenarios? Spin the color wheel. Or just use a number representing how many synergies have been applied to the one champ either through specific or global circumstances.

Or do none of that, just add the icon, let us try and figure it out ourself (like so much other content) and we'll at least have synergies in war again.

DONE! Now we know a synergy is active. If you choose to add color coding, we know 1. there is a champ feeding this one, so who could THAT guy be and/or B. the synergy is limited to who the champ looks for alone. This doesn't exactly give away the hidden defenders, either. How exactly are you going to narrow down one of Carnage's synergies with the spider-family? You really, really can't with great ease.

Comments

• Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    All they have to do is list other teams defenders per player like they do for our defenders. Simple. If someone can’t figure it out from there they should get kod
  • jaylerdjaylerd Posts: 113
    Mainer123 wrote: »
    All they have to do is list other teams defenders per player like they do for our defenders. Simple. If someone can’t figure it out from there they should get kod

You mean reveal all the defenders? Seems a little extreme and like it could mess up war a lot, if I understand the idea right.
  • THE_BmannyTHE_Bmanny Posts: 15
    No one wants defensive synergies. Trust me. You want Medusa w 6 furies instead of 3 that last way longer? Or how about a 5/65 dorm boss that magically revives for 15% (45k) mid combo to smash you and cost you the war? Think about the implications before you ask for something you truly would not want.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    THE_Bmanny wrote: »
    No one wants defensive synergies. Trust me. You want Medusa w 6 furies instead of 3 that last way longer? Or how about a 5/65 dorm boss that magically revives for 15% (45k) mid combo to smash you and cost you the war? Think about the implications before you ask for something you truly would not want.

it will add diversity to war......
    it will mean defenses actually mean something.....
    RN defence means nothing you lose a war by getting 100% because you die more....
    Seriously RN you could place almost anyone on D. it doesnt matter. who wins a war is all about attack.

Making defences strong and much harder to defeat will be a good thing.
    yes it might mean that you can only explore 60% and you cant defeat all bosses but hey that will make war a challenge.

Seriously cmon RN it is irrelevant how well you play you are just hoping the other side play a little worse.

with better defences at play then you can strategise and plan a defense that may actually hold the enemy out as a defences should.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    @Maat1985 while in theory that is all good but in the real world all it truly does is stop both sides from exploring. How great does that truly sound? Harder work for less rewards because your not 100% map. The system now both sides get 100% explore rewards and the winner died less. How do you get any fairer than that. I won because I had more skill and didn't die. I don't want nonsense added to game. I don't want to fight a r4 hulk that I get down to low health but boom he is unstoppable and because of his dupe and the node I am dead. No skill in that just luck that it triggered while stunned not mid combo or sp. I would rather bugs to be fixed than make the game harder for less rewards. Everyone wants their defence to have that but no one wants to go against some of those nonsense syn on those beefed to hell nodes already.
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    @jaylerd , this is indeed a good idea. Push!

As team synergy is one of the core of game, and team synergies indicators lighted up during war placement too, prove that this is a bug for sure, I would like to see a fix.

Otherwise, we are taking it for granted to fight a 3furies medusa instead of 6 (with bb synergy), all ally members shall be punished of this #exploit.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★

Agree 100% and so do most guys in my platinum ally. It's already a spendfest.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Probably something that will divide the community but from where i sit in running a relaxed chill middle of the road ally it is not about just getting maximum rewards. It is about having fun....
    So if the opposition can place a defence that stops us at 60% so be it....
    Hope ours can stop them at 55%... if not then maybe we revive and then push a little further....
    If not we lose.....
    It actually gives us something to work toward. Building a defense that can truly stand up and defend.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    Agreed, the day that Defense synergy works is gonna be terrible. Only the guys that can afford to spend every war will win as some fights will cost heavy. Weaker / lower rated alliances like Maat can’t judge on that sadly from their stand point. No fix is needed, thanks Kabam!