**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Just verifying that Domino is "working as intended"...

Comments

• CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    The big question is:

Why was none of this tested?
  • RCunhaRCunha Posts: 375 ★★
    Carnage probably will be buffed when the venom movie comes out. As for Domino she has to be fixed, i always get her as boss in this new missions, and always get killed by trigering dextery and block falling. A 20k PI Domino wipes out my team in a minute
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    JRock808 wrote: »
    I just don’t see how they can rationalize the release of this champ after the release of champs like.. carnage, He was too good before the last minute and got gutted, but domino was okay? Really?

There is just no consistency, and no trust in Kabam or anything they say.

He was bad on defence and didn't make money in wars. Simple as that
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    she is broken plain and simple. how is that hard to see?
    community posts evidence about this. she clearly breaks basic gameplay mechanics. whats not to understand here?

does the game team even test these champs out or play the game for that matter? i honestly feel they dont and constructive that has to change!
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 647 ★★★★
    Just checking back in to see if any members of the game team have realized how broken she is?
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I don't think they work on the weekends. They have some people on call for when the servers die, but that's it. It'll be at least Monday before anyone really looks at it. Even then I'd be shocked it they make any changes until the end of the EQ. The legend times will already be a mess after the rage bug, so they'll "gather data" for a while.
  • jdyke23jdyke23 Posts: 215
    in her description it clearly states that TECH CHAMPIONS can NEVER. be unlucky so why is my starlord and starkly still getting “unlucky” on parries and all that fun stuff ? makes no sense 😂
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    jdyke23 wrote: »
    in her description it clearly states that TECH CHAMPIONS can NEVER. be unlucky so why is my starlord and starkly still getting “unlucky” on parries and all that fun stuff ? makes no sense 😂

Because she gets lucky too. So basically everyone but her is unlucky
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    jdyke23 wrote: »

you are wrong

there is a difference between them suffering a critical failure on an ability triggering and them suffering from the unlucky debuff.....
    everyone has a chance of failing abilities.
    read dominos description and you will see there is a seperate lucky for her and unlucky for the opponent that provides benifit to her and disadvantage to you. tech campions cannot suffer this "unlucky" and skill champions always suffer this "unlucky"

but all champions can have abilities fail.
    SL has a chance to fury on a hit. every hit he does not fury is a failure of his ability.

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Menkent wrote: »
    I don't think they work on the weekends. They have some people on call for when the servers die, but that's it. It'll be at least Monday before anyone really looks at it. Even then I'd be shocked it they make any changes until the end of the EQ. The legend times will already be a mess after the rage bug, so they'll "gather data" for a while.

they do... heck kabam pertinax is being active posting today.. and actually has been posting helpful useful information. if only all forum mods were this helpful. and if only they responded to threads like this with that kinda info.......

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/74370/new-player-having-a-couple-struggles-questions#latest

^^^ only linking that to show this is how all forum mods should be. this is what we like!!!!!!!
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I meant the game team, not forum mods.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Actually there might be one champion, as far as I know, that might be able to bypass domino. An UNAWAKENED mephisto. Mine is already duped. So I cant test it.

Edit*: wait Nvm, his immunity to AA reduction is part of his sig ability, which also gives him percentage chance to trigger ring of fire. So there goes that idea.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    edited June 2018
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    Rulk
    Hawkeye (hemorrhage that’s all)
    Hela
    Angela
    Shulk (LOL)
    Dormammu (n’less domino has a buff idk)
    Magik (Limbk but not too often)
    Gambit (LOL)
    Storm (specials stun that’s it)
    Vision classic
    Vision AoU
    Ronan (LOL)
    P99
    DPXF
    Falcon (LOL)
    Elektra (specials but AAR might help)
    Loki (LOL)
    Captain Marvel
    Ms. Marvel OG
    Taskmaster
    DocOc
    Elektro

All of them fail. I have tried everything listed above. Died with storm, angela (that's a joke, she has so many buffs and is bound to fail every time), rhulk (didn't expect him but he died pretty easily).
    Falcon, elektra etc. don't stand a chance becuase of disadvantage.

Tried with Nebula (she is immune, no regen if no hit, so...you may never know she might work). But failed. Got lot of critical failure from evasion and ate SP1 in the face cause evade failed.

The only ones I haven't tried or would like to try are Vision, She-hulk, and Electro.

Now coming back to the main question, who designs these champs? You can't block, evade or parry!! What are we supposed to do? Just stand and eat it all in our face?

NVM. Someone will come up with a solution or she will be nerfed. At least she shouldn't interfere with game masteries. What's the point of having those if she interferes with them, eh?

P.S.: I have high sig Magik 455 (130+sig) and she is the best counter so far. Since Domino gets lucky with she gains bar of power, best champ to counter is Magik. I tried, it works. Limbo rebounds damage from critical failure. But high MD and high signature in Magik is required.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    mike867 wrote: »
    Rulk
    Hela
    Angela
    Shulk (LOL)
    Gambit (LOL)
    Vision classic
    Vision AoU
    Ronan (LOL)
    P99
    DPXF
    Falcon (LOL)
    Loki (LOL)
    Captain Marvel
    Ms. Marvel OG
    Taskmaster
    DocOc
    Elektro

All of them fail. I have tried everything listed above. Died with storm, angela (that's a joke, she has so many buffs and is bound to fail every time), rhulk (didn't expect him but he died pretty easily).
    Falcon, elektra etc. don't stand a chance becuase of disadvantage.

Tried with Nebula (she is immune, no regen if no hit, so...you may never know she might work). But failed. Got lot of critical failure from evasion and ate SP1 in the face cause evade failed.

The only ones I haven't tried or would like to try are Vision, She-hulk, and Electro.

Now coming back to the main question, who designs these champs? You can't block, evade or parry!! What are we supposed to do? Just stand and eat it all in our face?

NVM. Someone will come up with a solution or she will be nerfed. At least she shouldn't interfere with game masteries. What's the point of having those if she interferes with them, eh?

P.S.: I have high sig Magik 455 (130+sig) and she is the best counter so far. Since Domino gets lucky with she gains bar of power, best champ to counter is Magik. I tried, it works. Limbo rebounds damage from critical failure. But high MD and high signature in Magik is required.

Vision actually works good against her (AOU) as long as you dont try to stun/parry her

Good to hear that a champ that’s only available in 4* or hidden behind a huge paywall is a good counter.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    53ylq45t7m8z.gif

@Kabam Zibiit could you please explain to me why critical failure occurs here?

I was watching seatin’s Video and it turns out critical failure was triggered when the AI launched a special attack. Black panther doesn’t have any abilities that trigger just from launching an attack. Is it a bug or can we suffer damage from just hitting the special button?
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    mike867 wrote: »

Vision actually works good against her (AOU) as long as you dont try to stun/parry her

My Vision didn't work, then I realized I had unlocked perfect block chance mastery.
    Man, this Domino is messing with the whole game, she counter parry, counter evade, counter block. I think that's more powerful than old Scarlett Witch.
    Please Kabam, make the game where skilled players win. Tell me what kind of skill not to get degen from Domino?
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    Kabam should just nerf her, that's it.
    Don't know, even removing her should be a good solution
  • LurkerLurker Posts: 196
    edited June 2018
    just an idea that might be a happy medium....

what if her sig ability only proc'd if HER ability reduction caused the failure instead of everything that had a chance to proc, didn't.

example: champ has a 3% to evade but 15% ability reduction, each time it fails to proc because the RNG rolled above 3%...nothing, but he rolls a 2, evade should've proc'd but the 15% causes it not to. boom degen.

this seems much more fair than the 0% chance of AA poison failed, boom degen.
  • SperaSpera Posts: 152
    Rulk
    Hela
    Angela
    Shulk (LOL)
    Gambit (LOL)
    Vision classic
    Vision AoU
    Ronan (LOL)
    P99
    DPXF
    Falcon (LOL)
    Loki (LOL)
    Captain Marvel
    Ms. Marvel OG
    Taskmaster
    DocOc
    Elektro

So most of them are full counters to not having % based abilities

Let’s remove 5 of the 22 for having those chances at all leaving 17

Remove the 5 jokes and Vision CLASSIC leaving 11

Remove Taskmaster always unlucky 10

Off my ability to see there’s less than a dozen champs when we’re past 130 now and most of them kinda suck

-critical failure deals energy damage ,why is there no Jane foster (LOL)
This discussion has been closed.