**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grenade Launcher Animation's Don't Make Sense

So I've been watching videos of Domino's special 3 over and over trying to figure out if the final hit on her special 3 is from the grenade launcher or the gun itself (sounds are different for the final shot). Based on the muzzle flash I'm going to have to guess the rifle but the grenade launcher has me thinking.

The M203 Grenade Launcher has a minimum arming range of 14 to 38 meters (had to Google it, it's been 7 years since I've used one). How could animations from Winter Soldier and Punisher include the explosion from the grenade launcher? I can give Punisher 2099 a pass because he's from the future.

So basically what I'm saying is grenade launcher animations in this game simply wouldn't work as the grenade has to spin to denote and that's not even considering about the minimum safe distance to avoid being hit by the shrapnel of your own grenade.

If any of the animators would be willing to discuss the distances on the screen in relation to a real life reference that would be extremely interesting, as we could then figure out the speed at which your characters evade, dash, etc.

Comments

• MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    It does seem unrealistic that I'm shooting at to close of range to arm the grenade. Maybe if he was 10 feet further back it would be more realistic. Can't have those kinds of silly things get in the way of a believable fight between a super soldier from WW2 turned evil and a flaming spirit of vengeance from hell.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I don't think that much thought is being put into an Animation. It's not exactly scaled to life.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Domino doesn't have to worry about shrapnel because it just happens to all miss her, always.
  • 1966SG1966SG Posts: 45
    It's like Hollywood, they can do whatever they want, even defy the laws of physics, and we're not supposed to think about it. I, however, would venture to guess not a single employee for "them" has ever pulled the trigger on something bigger than a squirt gun!
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    1966SG wrote: »
    It's like Hollywood, they can do whatever they want, even defy the laws of physics, and we're not supposed to think about it. I, however, would venture to guess not a single employee for "them" has ever pulled the trigger on something bigger than a squirt gun!

Um....I think about punching a raccoon with a jetpack all of the time....even though I am not "supposed to"....

It is a freakin' game with comic book characters fighting each other...what realism are you expecting?

Why the hell is it important if any of their employees have ever fired a gun? I am pretty sure none of "them" has ever shot lightning from their hands either. Unless they start declaring the game to be an accurate simulation of anything, it is not relevant. (and frankly, one of the strangest attempts at a Kabam insult I have ever seen posted on these forums)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I was curious about the bit where the OP stated it's been 7 years since they fired one. I was hoping they're Military of some sort. :/
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    You've got normal human beings with no special powers or armoured suits ( Hawkeye, punisher, bw etc) that can block the bullets from an assault rifle, block lightening bolts dropping from the sky and block the strikes of double katanas with their bare arms and you're worried about the range that a grenade launcher has?
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    i mean we got a flaming skeleton who can catch fire.... so....
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    When I fought RoL WS his guns didn't ONCE run out of ammunition, and he must have fired over a hundred bullets at me. Now THAT doesn't make sense.
    Also, where does Punisher's SP3 gun go when he's not using it? Surely he doesn't hide it down the back of his undies...
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Also, there's an issue with Gwenpool's SP3. How can her rocket launcher shoot a second round without being properly reloaded?

Can the developers please extend the animation to show Gwenpool reloading after surviving the initial point blank rocket explosion, so that she can then accidentally shoot the attacker with the second round?

Thanks. 👍
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Also, there's an issue with Gwenpool's SP3. How can her rocket launcher shoot a second round without being properly reloaded?

Can the developers please extend the animation to show Gwenpool reloading after surviving the initial point blank rocket explosion, so that she can then accidentally shoot the attacker with the second round?

Thanks. 👍

Of course she survives the initial accidental point blank explosion, she can't die from specials. Duh.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I have the answer to this one.

Domino can do it because she's lucky.

Punisher and Winter Soldier can do it because they have skills.

Don't believe me? They're Skill champs.

Carry on.
  • Qu1ckshoT32_GamingQu1ckshoT32_Gaming Posts: 153 ★★
    I was curious about the bit where the OP stated it's been 7 years since they fired one. I was hoping they're Military of some sort. :/

Lol, yes.