**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I have 19 science&cosmic T4CC expiring

KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
I don’t have the option to stop opening because I need 2 skill catalysts. We work hard for these catalysts and allowing them to expire with no option to sell is frankly a slap in the face to customers. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    You DO have the option to stop opening crystals. You just don't want to.

Putting a cap on the number of catalysts that can be kept in your inventory is a good way to force smart resource management. What changes would you propose?
  • MRod77MRod77 Posts: 154
    These have been the limits for some time, if you want the skill cats then you know you run the risk of adding other cats to your stash. It is a choice, you choose to keep opening in hopes of getting what you want. Catalyst management is a huge part of the game, that is why r4's should be chosen wisely as well. Now i can agree that an option to sell for a certain gold amount would be nice, but that amount wouldn't be any more than about $2,500 which wouldn't make much difference anyways. So either save or run the risk of adding more to your stash.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★

Putting a cap on the number of catalysts that can be kept in your inventory is a good way to force smart resource management. What changes would you propose?

There is nothing smart about RNG. I don’t have void or Hyperion. I have She hulk and Groot. I also have a rank 4 5* Blade who needs 1.5 skill catalysts to be rank 5. If I stop opening I might as well stop playing. Those catalysts are worth hundreds of play hours or dollars. To not even be able to sell them is not a good practice. Not sure what you are trying to prove here.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

There is nothing smart about RNG. I don’t have void or Hyperion. I have She hulk and Groot. I also have a rank 4 5* Blade who needs 1.5 skill catalysts to be rank 5. If I stop opening I might as well stop playing. Those catalysts are worth hundreds of play hours or dollars. To not even be able to sell them is not a good practice. Not sure what you are trying to prove here.

You used to be able to sell them, but Kabam got a ton of tickets from people who accidentally sold them. Many were restored, but they disabled the selling feature figuring it wasn't worth the hassle. They were right considering you only gained a negligible amount of gold for it.

Would selling your overflow really make you happy?

I only posted because you stated you didn't have the option to stop opening crystals. This is patently untrue. I then asked for your suggestion for improvement. It sounds like you'd like to sell the overflow cats as part of your solution?

I don't have a problem with catalysts expiring because I manage my resources well. I have had some good luck in this game, but like everyone else, I've had plenty of bad luck in this game. I have ranked up some solid champs to 4/55 and 5/65, but I was able to do that because of smart resource management. I cleared content with so-so champs at 4/40 so I could save the resources for champs I'd enjoy playing. I cleared the Collector with the She Hulks and Groots of this game so I could rank up the Hyperions and the Voids when they eventually came around. And until they did, I just held my resources.

Patience is rewarded in this game.