**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What's Next?

taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
I'm curious to hear what keeps veteran players in this game. I wouldn't consider myself a veteran, but now that act 5 is complete, eq is same old same old, my only motivation to keep playing is to open my next 6* featured. Haven't had any news about act 6 coming any time soon. As f2p I did one path of LoL and done. What drives people to stay in 5x5 alliances which require excessive grinding, donations, event minimum, and war stress?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Well you can always expect to get more and new champions to rank them up to the max rank ... or complete labyrinth 100%
  • MRod77MRod77 Posts: 154
    AW season rewards to be honest is my main motivation. More 6* shards, t5basic shards and t2alpha shards to r5 another 5* or r2 a 6*
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    I'm curious to hear what keeps veteran players in this game. I wouldn't consider myself a veteran, but now that act 5 is complete, eq is same old same old, my only motivation to keep playing is to open my next 6* featured. Haven't had any news about act 6 coming any time soon. As f2p I did one path of LoL and done. What drives people to stay in 5x5 alliances which require excessive grinding, donations, event minimum, and war stress?

I don't think everyone views war as "stress". I really enjoy the competitive nature of tier 1 AW, that's my main motivation.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I suppose folks assume that Act 6 is coming and want to be ready for when it does. Personally, I go slow, am still working on Act 5 exploration, and enjoy the monthly event quests.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    What keeps me around is because I genuinely love the game and do enjoy the event quests day to day, Aq is a bit dull but I’m really enjoying using my new-ish time of Proxima, Corvus and nebula (4*, 5* and 6* in that order) who have good synergies together and are a ton of fun to fight with, I don’t “enjoy” Aw per se, but I look forward to the rewards so that’s why I do that. I don’t enjoy arena, I just do it for the rewards I see it as a chore.

What else keeps me around is the future, I do love the game but I’m anxious about the future. I don’t know how much longer people will keep just taking what kabam are throwing at us. I don’t want the game to die but who knows when/if the community will reach breaking point.

But, there are good things to come in the future, more uncollected, Aw seasons rewards and hopefully this summer, act 6. On a lower, more personal level, I am on a hunt for a 5* worthy of rank 5 or 6* of rank 2, so that keeps me playing. Just waiting for the 6* featured in a week, if I don’t get a rank 2 worthy champ I think I may bite the bullet and rank 5 my Corvus Glaive.

A very long term goal is LoL 100%, ive done one run, but I’m not really thinking about it.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Our alliance pretty much a mix of vets that enjoy the camaraderie more than the game now(1/3 been together for 3yrs) and some newer players that do the same and appreciate not having demands to win, donate, or participate in everything with worries of being kicked. Slower progression yes, but definitely no unecessary demands or stress on members "real lives".

For me personally, "whats next" happens to be observing others progress and lending a helping hand when needed more so than my own progression.
  • BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    edited June 2018
    I enjoy the new event quests to see and fight the new champs. Plus, war seasons has kept things interesting. But with all the issues popping up lately on Kabam's part with champ changes, it's starting to lose my interest. They could probably keep my interest if they came out with a new AQ season, but I am sure more bugs would accompany that release as usual
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    The only thing that has kept me in the game has been playing with the alliance. The friendships which have come from that.

The game itself not so much. I've stayed in spite of the game just because of the friendships.
  • The game was pay to win, now it’s pay to play. Outside of grinding master/UC each month, the rewards are terrible in things like aq. Aw is broken due to bs champs you have to buy crystals for (boat load of money) or grind for(which will also cost you money). they refuse to revamp the list of champs that Are complete trash. Not much left.

Some fixes:
    1. Fix/buff old champs to be able to combat these new bank breakers they release each month, making more characters useful and make ppl want to rank up that Shulk, carnage, KK, etc.
    2. revamp AQ. It’s stale. Period.
    3. Monthly calander is a joke.make it worth logging in. Make daily assignments in the calendars for each day that add rewards like pots or shards. Do everyday, get a crystal for awakening stones shards or a champ.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Once the novelty and newness of the game wears off, and you start looking at time frames of 2-3 months to max rank up one champ and even longer to max sig them if they are good the game becomes a tedious job that just sucks time out of your day.

Lots of players have quit or scaled back their time in the game, but there are lots of new players beginning their cycle of newness in the game and eventually they will get to the point many vets are at and they’ll quit or scale back too.

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that the game that Kabam is putting out is the game Kabam wants the community to play.

Good Luck and have fun
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    My post in this topic got deleted because it talked about the truths of gaming addiction and the way free to play games are designed without necessarily having the greatest of morals.

Guess it wasn’t good for business and a little too close to the bone.

A lot of having gone missing.... they must have violated the forum rules somehow, I won't speculate...