**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Chaining From Heavies Into Specials

taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
So I was playing around in rol, fighting ws with red cyclops. I discovered that after using a heavy attack, you can immediately chain into an sp1 or sp2 and still hit ws while he is still on the ground. I don't mean interrupt the heavy attack; I mean I throw the special after ws has been knocked down, and suddenly he's up again being roasted by cyclops' beam. If I recall correctly, this was previously not possible, when you threw a special while the opponent was on the ground it would just whiff. Anyone else want to test this?

Comments

• Energybolt2000Energybolt2000 Posts: 39
    Yeah, This happens to me with stark spidey and the same thing happened, with sp3 and then a sp2 was ready again. Not saying this is bad because it gives starkie an advantage
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I don’t think this is anything new. What I usually see is attacks whiffing when tying to start a combo too soon after a special.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @MarzGroove you don't ever recall, say, throwing im sp1 while opponent was still on the ground, and the beam just passes over their recumbent body?
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I feel like if you get it just right maybe? But....
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @Mitchell35 what I'm experiencing doesn't require any special timing, I just throw the special while the opponent is down. With further testing, all ranged attacks will connect, but melee attacks require the opponent to be trapped against the wall