**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just verifying that Domino is "working as intended"...

Comments

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Also @taojay1 you can have a well timed block wothoutnthe parry mastery. You just get nothing for it.
    The parry mastery does not allow you to block something you otherwise couldnt. It just means when ur block is well timed you get the reduced damage and stun bonus

@Maat1985 yes I know that. How is this relevant? Domino doesn't prevent you from performing well-timed blocks, but she bypasses the stun just like bw. idk if the reduced damage is bypassed as well

It is relevent cus just as the parry mastery activiates a stun on a well timed block, the dexterity mastery activiates a crit buff on an attack evasion.

You evade the attack the mastery activates the buff....
    The mastery does not activate the evasion. You evade it only activates the buff
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Yes, for sure they need to a lot better in explaining these types of mechanics. The entire concept of ability accuracy has never been properly explained, and it seems a lot of text descriptions need to be updated...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    My theory is that the server is responsible for the RNG, so it triggers the second the potential procs, before the Animation follows. Basically, the RNG sends the information to Crit, and her Abilities depend on RNG as well. It seems instantaneous. Just a theory.

How many times do you need to be told that the fights don't take place on the servers?

I don't remember saying they took place on the servers. Not completely. That wasn't the theory. I said I thought the servers played a part in the proc. Still just a theory. Perhaps you could respond with points one of these times, rather than contradict what I say.

That theory is provably false, because as I've said every time I've seen you post a variation on this theory I've pointed out that combat does not require a network connection to be active during the fight, only when the fight starts.

A theory is a conjecture overwhelmingly supported by the facts available that isn't contradicted in a way that makes the conjecture provably invalid.

The fact that the Fight can continue disconnected doesn't rule it out for me. There is also data received and sent during the Fight, from what I've observed. Unless we can quantify what that data is, I cannot consider my theory completely rejected. Nor is it completely confirmed. It's just a theory.
    How exactly does it run without a connection at the beginning?
    Kabam, some acknowledgement that you've read and understood the various discussions going in here would be nice. If you are going to uphold your 12.0 promise to increase communication, you could start by at least letting us know you are there and reading these, because it's important. A lot of solid points have been made and we need you to respond to the big issues here, not just the small anomalies with ghost rider and archangel
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    https://youtu.be/UmaejTiTjHY quit crying and practice a little. Why does this communitu hate being challenged???
    Derailing the Thread because I had an idea? Don't think so.
    ezmoney wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/UmaejTiTjHY quit crying and practice a little. Why does this communitu hate being challenged???

@ezmoney personally I'm not really bothered by domino's abilities, the degen won't scale to boosted attack anyways and you can counterintuitively prevent a lot of damage by continually triggering critical failure. The problem I have is that Kabam is super wishy washy when it comes to defining these abilities, so its super ambiguous as to what can trigger CF. Add to that the fact that domino herself is still bugged (block breaking)

As soon as loading screen is passed the connection can be lost.
    The whole fight can ensure without interruption.
    If you want to test. Connect to wifi only. As soon as the loading screen begins to dissapear and the fight begins to lad turn off your modem instantly.
    You will
    Be able to do and complete the fight.
    If you can get the connection up quick enough at the end you will even be able to continue on to the next fight.

As soon as loading screen is passed the connection can be lost.
    The whole fight can ensure without interruption.
    If you want to test. Connect to wifi only. As soon as the loading screen begins to dissapear and the fight begins to lad turn off your modem instantly.
    You will
    Be able to do and complete the fight.
    If you can get the connection up quick enough at the end you will even be able to continue on to the next fight.

Yes. I know. I've had mine drop. What I'm saying is there is something that is affecting it from the server. Whether sent before the Fight begins, or during, something is influencing the Fight. There seems to be more than just a connection check during.
    Not during the fight however..... before the fight and after the fight.... that is all....
    relevant data (champ/ai) info sent before fight....
    Fight happens
    Fight infk and results sent back after the fight....
    There is a connection during. It doesn't go dead during the Fight.
    As for what is sent and received when it connects during, I do not know.

Yes but it is clearly not data that pertains to the workings of the fight.... otherwise you would not be able to fight without connection
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Yes but it is clearly not data that pertains to the workings of the fight.... otherwise you would not be able to fight without connection

I'm unable to fight without connection. I don't know what's going on here.

Middle of the fight, if I lose connection, I'm kicked to the error page.

Possibly. Unless I knew what that data was, I couldn't rule it out. To be honest, I don't care if I'm right or wrong. It's just a thought I've been coming back to. Whether it's the RNG or the DR effect, or some influence, that's what I've suspected. If not, I'm not bothered. I have no issues being wrong.
  • DaddyDDaddyD Posts: 75
    So will it be wasp or ghost that everyone in here complains about next month? She’s been out for a week. Learn to fight her and move on.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Coming back to the discussion -

Why is Domino able to break blocks??
    It's always the second hit in her combo that breaks it.
    STOP REPLYING TO CAPTAIN THREAD DERAILER.

Seriously... if you guys want this thread closed without getting answers, keep arguing with him.

Having a conversation doesn't derail Threads.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Middle of the fight if I lose network connection, the fight keeps going for anywhere from fifteen to thirty seconds before kicking me, unless network connections resume. I've often sweated having the network connection error during an alliance fight, continuing to fight while hoping it comes back before timeout so I don't get penalized. If the fight is shorter than that, I've sometimes completed the fight entirely under the network connection error banner from the merge to the end of the fight and then had connectivity resume and the game continue on happily. This has been true for the entire time I've been playing the game. This is not some secret glitch I've discovered recently; this has been common knowledge since forever.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Middle of the fight if I lose network connection, the fight keeps going for anywhere from fifteen to thirty seconds before kicking me, unless network connections resume. I've often sweated having the network connection error during an alliance fight, continuing to fight while hoping it comes back before timeout so I don't get penalized. If the fight is shorter than that, I've sometimes completed the fight entirely under the network connection error banner from the merge to the end of the fight and then had connectivity resume and the game continue on happily. This has been true for the entire time I've been playing the game. This is not some secret glitch I've discovered recently; this has been common knowledge since forever.

It's changed, for sure. I remember when dropping the connection caused the Fight to crash immediately.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    ezmoney wrote: »
    just nerf her already. if you cant see how broken she is then youre a lost cause. i dont understand whats the hold up here?

why hasnt any mod come back and clarify anything?

its 7 pages and onward now!

quit complaining.... nerf blade first. You're just pissed because you don't have her. All the blade scrubs can't deal with a champ who counters him. Deal with it and git gud baby.

LOL who are you again? buddy silence yourself
This discussion has been closed.