**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Blade v mordo is back!

Fredhorst23Fredhorst23 Posts: 1,502 ★★★★
So there was another thread about this that was closed without the discussion evolving into an answer. Basically a mod gave one bad response and considered it over. Well here I am trying again.
Blades ds doesn't reduce mordos ability accuracy when paired with gr but does work when paired with mephisto/dorm. So it's working when he counts as mystic but not as a villain. I'm trying to wrap my head around what danger sense does in general, which seems to be 2 things: aa reduction that ignores aar immunity and increased attack. That's it. So when gr's synergy description says ds bonuses, plural, extend to all villains surely it includes both of the only 2 bonuses you get from ds. Right? It doesn't feel like a badly worded description, it seems very specific and very straightforward, unlike what the previously mentioned mod had to say.

Comments

• MaxTacMaxTac Posts: 16
    edited June 2018
    I love how the descritpion in French doesn't even include any information regarding ignoring the Dimensional Being's immunities !
  • NanaPokuNanaPoku Posts: 50
    bump!
  • VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    MaxTac wrote: »
    So there was another thread about this that was closed without the discussion evolving into an answer. Basically a mod gave one bad response and considered it over. Well here I am trying again.
    Blades ds doesn't reduce mordos ability accuracy when paired with gr but does work when paired with mephisto/dorm. So it's working when he counts as mystic but not as a villain. I'm trying to wrap my head around what danger sense does in general, which seems to be 2 things: aa reduction that ignores aar immunity and increased attack. That's it. So when gr's synergy description says ds bonuses, plural, extend to all villains surely it includes both of the only 2 bonuses you get from ds. Right? It doesn't feel like a badly worded description, it seems very specific and very straightforward, unlike what the previously mentioned mod had to say.

You are being 100% logical which means you are going to be 100% ignored and this thread will be 100% closed/deleted. I enjoyed this game a lot more when I was not looking at the forum or Reddit... At least, I was not aware of the the terrible relationship that we have with Kabam. Ignorance is Bliss...

I couldn’t agree more. The more I look at the forums and Reddit the more I start to hate this game.
  • HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    Yes, I would like a straight answer too. Just why it did work previously and now it does not.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Changes don't irritate me as much as not being given correct information what changes are being made or have occurred. But to keep saying this not a change or a bug (then closing threads) is a slap in the face of the people that play this game constantly. We have done these matches many, many times and know what was working and is not working now. We know when a change has been made.

It is very possible this was an unintended change that happened when another change was made, hence, no change was made specific to this, but something did still change. This could also be a reason why it would not make patch notes, because they didn't know it changed. I'm also not saying it needs to be changed back, would just like some acknowledgement that this is changed and reasoning behind it.

If it was unintended, it really should be changed back instead of just updating his description to go along with this change.

I know this is not the fault of any mod here because they are just the relay guys to give us the info they have been told, but we know something did change, unintended or not.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    edited June 2018
    Exactly @Ch1efster at the very least aknowledgment from the beggining that a champ isnt working as intended so there isnt over hype or we can take our chance with full knowledge
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Marvel2289 wrote: »
    That's because the gr synergy only works on villains, if I'm not mistaken mordo is not classified as a villain. It's the dorm/ mephisto synergy that works on all mystics

bqa8xa9e4zub.jpg
    jd5srcwasggf.jpg

Mordo does have the villain tag, and he is also mystic.

So either synergy should work against Mordo.
    Danger Sense also explicitly states it ignores all Ability Accuracy reductions.
    But hey, according to Mike there's been no changes to Mordo and both Blade, and Drax are all working like they are supposed to, so basically we have all been Kabamed.
    I have faith that if they engaged us in a real, understanding conversation on these subjects, kabam would totally see what we're saying and address these issues to a satisfying conclusion. Probably. Maybe. If you could get their attention.

I have faith too... faith that this thread will be shut down pretty quickly.

These answers about Blade/Drax and Mordo really smells of we're not making enough money off of Mordo kills anymore....
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    edited June 2018
    Here, let me put it in as clear of an explanation as I can:

Blade gets the DS icon when fighting Mordo. Blade also gets the added attack rating when fighting Mordo. However, Mordo's abilities are not reduced by Blade's DS when paired with the GR synergy. But if you pair him with Mephisto or Dormo for synergy, Mordo's abilities are reduced by Blade's DS as well as Blade receiving the attack bonus.

To be fair, Blade is incredibly powerful and I honestly feel weird even siding with someone complaining about him not working, but it is technically a bug per the letter of his abilities and synergies.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Also, the synergy does reduce the ability accuracy of other villains/mystics.. so it's either all or none.

I think Blade has just been bugged this whole time and his DS should not reduce the AA of anything but dimensional beings.. I hope this bug allowing him to reduce AA for mystics and villains is fixed soon!

I think my eyes just rolled out of the back of my head... but this is technically what @Kabam Miike is saying is the case. Oh, and that nothing has changed, at all.
    @JRock808 I don't think so, because MODOK is not a dimensional being and DS absolutely impacts his ability accuracy. Same with Abomination and Vulture and all the other #villains that it works on. Mordo is the only one I've seen it not work on properly.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    @JRock808 I don't think so, because MODOK is not a dimensional being and DS absolutely impacts his ability accuracy. Same with Abomination and Vulture and all the other #villains that it works on. Mordo is the only one I've seen it not work on properly.

I agree. That's the bug. It should not be working on any of those. According to Kabam.
    A bug within the bug?

Insection?

:D
    I can respect that.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    The AAR effects all Synergies

However he can only ignore the AAR-immunity of dimensional beings
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    JRock808 wrote: »
    For what it's worth I'm not even complaining, it's just the principal of the thing and the fact that they shut the previous thread down for no reason.

I'd say I'm most disappointed in them thinking we are idiots and saying 'nothing has changed, move along' is acceptable. See Drax. Not that I care much about him, but it is clear that SOMETHING DID CHANGE and yet we are told it is working like it always has and we are just delusional.

It's the blatant lack of respect and complete disregard for the players that is most troubling here. Games evolve, characters get tweaked, rules change.. but attitude is a cultural thing, and I do not like the current culture of Kabam one bit.

Totally agree, would follow this man to battle Surtur
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    The AAR effects all Synergies

However he can only ignore the AAR-immunity of dimensional beings

That would at least be an answer the Dev's could give. It at least makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.