Due to an issue with Alliance War Defense Tactic, we will be ending this Alliance War Season effective immediately. This current War will not count towards your Alliance War Season Score. War Season eligibility rewards will be reduced to 2 Wars in the Season.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution, but without the ability to remove or freeze the War Rating quick enough, the rest of our Alliance War season would be compromised.

This war will remain active, and in-game, you will still see the season until tomorrow. After we end the season tomorrow, we will be taking some time to collect data and remove the changes to the Alliance War Season score. Once that is complete, we will be able to send out Alliance War Season rewards.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Champion Spotlight - Domino

Comments

• Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 1,704 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike did you see that unlucky hulkbuster there ^^^^^^^^
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 6,587 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

We are just about to push a fix for Domino's interaction with Champions like Captain Marvel. After this fix is live, Domino will no longer negate abilities that start at the beginning of the fight. This means, Champions like Dr Voodoo, that gains a Regeneration Buff at the beginning of the fight, don't need to worry about a Critical Failure being triggered before ever throwing a punch.

What about crossbones?
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 1,890 ★★★★
    I’ve just given up trying to keep this game bug free, notincing so many little ones, but what’s the point, I’m pretty sure she is triggering degen on any block that isn’t perfect block, if you have that mastery, and any hit that isn’t a crit? So hit her and get degen or block and get degen, not many options there, now everyone has to rethink masteries over one champ?
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 874 ★★★
    Speeds80 wrote: »
    I’ve just given up trying to keep this game bug free, notincing so many little ones, but what’s the point, I’m pretty sure she is triggering degen on any block that isn’t perfect block, if you have that mastery, and any hit that isn’t a crit? So hit her and get degen or block and get degen, not many options there, now everyone has to rethink masteries over one champ?

No, we just have to stock up on potions and revives and use them to clear all content going forward
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    Crazy grind but she’s amazing. Thx kabam for treating her right
    k3ctngrxjmvw.png
    Domino caused me to degen from critical failure when my mastercard failed.

Spent all my balance on revives for her and now it crit fails.....
    Lmao

(Disclaimer: This is not a true story)
  • 313rd313rd Posts: 154
    Help me please. I’m still trying to understand how Proxima Midnight is sometimes unable to parry stun domino? lqhloykzsoo7.png
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @313rd I think it's because at the beginning of the fight Domino reduces ur ability accuracy by 15%. I know proxima reduces offensive ability accuracy while blocking but I'm guessing domino's reduction takes precedence since it occurred first
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Hey All,

We are just about to push a fix for Domino's interaction with Champions like Captain Marvel. After this fix is live, Domino will no longer negate abilities that start at the beginning of the fight. This means, Champions like Dr Voodoo, that gains a Regeneration Buff at the beginning of the fight, don't need to worry about a Critical Failure being triggered before ever throwing a punch.

You said “with champions LIKE Captain Marvel” & “champions LIKE Dr. Voodoo” can we get what champs are actually affected. Wow this is crazy to find out we have champs with hidden buffs 😂
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Ahhh so now we learn that there are hidden buffs? What other mechanics are there that we don't know about? And why has this important fact been omitted, especially since it can impact our gameplay? This is similar to how Magik's sp1 nullify was acting as a debuff, and therefore would not function on debuff immune. Is this a result of outdated coding or something? Can't even trust a champ's ability description page anymore, there are so many important details left out (don't believe me? Scarlet witch sig ability- no information AT ALL about the possible veil of fortune effects, potency, duration, or roll chance. Gwenpool- one tiny line hints that she can reduce ability accuracy, but that turns out to be the best part of her sig. Nowhere is it mentioned how it functions tho, and we as players had to find out that it is 2% reduction per hit.).
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    313rd wrote: »
    Help me please. I’m still trying to understand how Proxima Midnight is sometimes unable to parry stun domino? lqhloykzsoo7.png

its cause she can break our masteries and cause them to fail. isnt that awesome? /s
  • HigherPoweredHigherPowered Posts: 118
    @Kabam Miike did you nerf Dominos attack? She’s not taking ROL WS like she was before.. crit rate and crit bleeds aren’t packing the same punch over multiple fights the average is quite a bit lower with same team and style.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    Hey All,

what about how she can break our masteries? surely this isnt working as intended cause that would be crazy imo that a champ can actually do that
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Sure am glad I ranked awakened and added lvls to my 5* domino.....I'll take a rank down ticket and my generic awakening gem back
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I just fought domino in Uncollected with my unduped mephisto.
    I fought her, got her to 50% ish went to evade an L1, it failed, but it triggered my low health regen.

I had 6 soul charges, but after 2 it stopped. So I was sitting at 17% health with 4 charges still.

Does mephistos healing not receive his 100% ability accuracy or something?
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Ahhh so now we learn that there are hidden buffs? What other mechanics are there that we don't know about? And why has this important fact been omitted, especially since it can impact our gameplay?

We've collectively known that these things exist for a while now, although whether they should be better documented and presented to the players is a separate question. For games like this to make certain effects happen in the way the developers want, they often have to create the effects by using existing effects in different ways, and there are often invisible, hidden effects that act as the glue that binds the effects together. A similar thing was the cause of Voodoo's inability to power steal debuff immune targets. Power steal doesn't require a debuff, but the power mechanics that triggered the power steal ability used an invisible debuff on the target.

Nothing just "happens" in the game. Generally, when something "just happens," there is something else explicitly causing it to happen, and if you don't see that thing, it is probably because it is not associated with a visible display.

If you actually saw everything going on behind the scenes to make everything work, you wouldn't be able to see the actual champions fighting.

100% correct...
    The other thing that people often dont realise about coding is that things are often linked together in many ways.
    Everychamp that has regen would not have the entire regen code saved in its code file. This wiuld cause too many duplicate entries. Too large of a files size, and too many things to change.
    You generally want to have code consice as possible.
    So you have
    Champ 1
    Champ 2
    Champ 3
    Regen
    All as seperate code entries.
    Champ 1 has regen so he defines what is goin to cause the regen, then calls the regen ability and calculates it in the way in which suits him.
    Champ 2 does the same and applies a different calculation to regen to get its desired effect.
    So when champ 3 has an ability that stops regen it would have code that says “blah blah blah regen=no” so any champ he is facing when they call upon regen it will be stopped.

Without coding like this it means that every champ is entirely seperate therefore every time a new champ is added they need to be coded to interact specifically with every ability of every champ and all old champs need to be modified.

The downside of this is often when you change something there is a flow on affect where many things get unintentionally affected. Even through testing maybe things are not noticed. This is how bugs can seemingly arise when nothing has been changed that directly relates to the bug.

So in this being said a champ like dino with her crazy abilities interacting with potentially everything will highlight and expose alot of what is going on behind the scenes to make things happen.
    This is why full testing of new content is required.
    Captain marvel being an old champ would have been written under the old way of coding that would have no doubt relied on everything being buffs and debuffs.....
    As from wat we can see here were really no passive abilities... so it would have been a hidden buff... all that being said even if it was not written as a hidden buff it would have certainly been an invisible ability...
    Makes me wonder however if it has only been discovered no because of something visibly happening as a result of it being affected how long has this been an issue?? Domino has ability reduction just as many other champs... only difference is when she makes an ability fail we visually see it.
    So why is dominos ability accuracy affecting this debuff???
    Makes me question are all other ability accuracy modifiers affecting this invisible debuff???
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,876 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    I just fought domino in Uncollected with my unduped mephisto.
    I fought her, got her to 50% ish went to evade an L1, it failed, but it triggered my low health regen.

I had 6 soul charges, but after 2 it stopped. So I was sitting at 17% health with 4 charges still.

Does mephistos healing not receive his 100% ability accuracy or something?

That's pretty odd. If your Mephisto is duped she shouldn't be able to keep that from happening. Unduped is still a pretty low chance. Guess he failed to use his souls. Just remember she reduces ability accuracy.
  • CodePlayCodePlay Posts: 24
    edited June 2018
    Hey All,

Since this is not a bug and change on her interaction, is considered as a change on Domino, do those who got her and ranked her deserve to get specific rank down ticket? This is a change on character and just pointing out the word by Kabam that specific RDT's only given for character change.
    CodePlay wrote: »
    Hey All,

Since this is not a bug and change on her interaction, is considered as a change on Domino, do those who got her and ranked her deserve to get specific rank down ticket? This is a change on character and just pointing out the word by Kabam that specific RDT's only given for character change.

Lmao..... it is not a bug..... but it was unintended and breaking other champions....
  • Luciel83Luciel83 Posts: 16
    Hey All,

So u just decide to nerf, after all the players went crazy for her using a lot units and spending time on the game, because ain't funny to spend 3 days on this game, grinding like crazy and using real money for refreshing champs, because is more secure to grind that spend on Crystal's, because ur logic on this game is be 24/7 every day, like we have to work for u, isnt enough that u guys make a lot of money for player that got addicted on this game, when u guys gonna stop been greedy, is like a dam wheel, never ends, and clearly u dont give a dam, for the player that put money, time and effort, because if we get a champ, we dont know how u guys gonna nerf them , u guys are the worse company in the gaming industry only care about urself, happened with champs in the past, still waiting to fix the dam pure skill and u guys start messing with md already, what about fixing some problems before start causing more, I spent 150 $$$ buying the stuff to unlock pure skill and nothing, doesnt work, everything in this game is worse day by day, because the only thing that u guys care is about money, money, money and money. ..!!!

Ps: greedy bastards
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Hey All,

Lmao..... it is not a bug..... but it was unintended and breaking other champions....

But it wasn't mentioned that her abilities shouldn't work at start of fight. Her energy dmg is already small in war since it wasn't scaled and can be managed by proc her critical failure constantly so you get less dmg in return. It is actually considered as nerf to her. There are questionable triggers that need answers or fix but making her ability not work at start is a nerf. Domino is just boosted in events that make her challenging, but I don't see it in war.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,798 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

Nowhere was it said that Tickets would be given for any and all changes.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,798 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

Technically, it wouldn't be a bug if it was working as intended. However, the iteration was not something they wanted to keep. It was interacting with the hidden Buffs. By standards, that would be working as intended.
    Hey All,

That change wasn't the answer/fix to the questionable triggers. Stopping her ability to trigger at start of fight is actually a nerf to her and it wasn't mentioned in her spotlight.

Her energy dmg isn't much of a threat in wars as it wasn't scaled, and actually triggering it constantly lowers the dmg. (She's only challenging in events coz her energy dmg is boosted). So this change actually nerf her, didn't fix her nor make her better.